Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Renewing US Passport at the Embassy in London (Oct. 2018)  (Read 1438 times)

• Liked: 13
Renewing US Passport at the Embassy in London (Oct. 2018)
« on: September 27, 2018, 09:50:18 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I'll be renewing my passport in October and will be doing it in person at the Embassy in London. I was just wondering if anyone had any recent experiences of what happens on the day? I've been to the new Embassy before, but not for passport services.

I've booked my appointment, and was wondering what I can expect to happen? Do I submit my application and that's it? Do they give me the opportunity to arrange the courier for my new passport? I'm not expecting to have my new passport issued same-day, but hey, if they do that's great!

Thanks!

• Liked: 0
Re: Renewing US Passport at the Embassy in London (Oct. 2018)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:10:34 AM »
I actually just renewed my passport at the embassy last Friday! It is pretty straightforward and there was very little waiting time. Basically, you go to one window and submit your old passport, the application form, and your photo and you pay for the new passport. Then you go to another window and pay for the delivery service. They give you a tracking number and receipt there. The lady there told me it usually takes about 2-3 weeks to get your new passport...I submitted mine about 10 days ago and haven't gotten it back yet. But it was a pretty easy experience. Hope that helps!

• Liked: 13
Re: Renewing US Passport at the Embassy in London (Oct. 2018)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 11:51:24 AM »
Thanks for letting me know of your experience! Very helpful  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab