Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions about Spouse Visa Financial Requirements  (Read 1635 times)

• Liked: 0
Questions about Spouse Visa Financial Requirements
« on: September 28, 2018, 02:21:21 PM »
Hi everyone! So my wife and got I married in May this year and we managed to hold the wedding in Scotland (since I'm already based here!).

It was a beautiful day and we were really blessed that so many of our friends and family managed to join us on the occasion! We managed to get the marriage visitor visa without any issues and have a marriage certificate from the registrar in Scotland. Now we're onto the difficult part...The spouse visa!

But first some background;

I'm holding an ILR and work for a family business (I know, the most difficult one of all to prove =S ). My wife is currently employed in Singapore and is a Singaporean citizen. We first met back in 2010 when I was based out in Singapore and continued a long distance relationship once I moved back to Scotland in 2012. We saw each other quite frequently with myself taking trips out to Singapore or Mrs Kev coming over to Europe with work and I popped the big question in October 2016. After a year and a half of planning we married in May 2018 and Mrs Kev would now like to aim for early 2019 to come over for good. Tentatively we are aiming to apply by the 25th of October at the latest.

Sincerely appreciate any help/advice you have regarding the following!

I have read through the guidelines for evidence in proving the financial requirement for a director at a specified company and have managed to get the following with the help of our finance director.  I don't get any dividends as I don't hold any shares and earn a salary through PAYE as an employee:

i) CT600 for last full financial year (original) Still need electronic confirmation of filing
ii) Evidence of registration at companies house (certificate of incorporation and change of names to date (copies))
iii) Annual Audited accounts by KPMG + Independent Auditors Report by KPMG (copy)
iv) I believe isn't applicable as Audited accounts were provided
v) Bank statements every month covering the same 12 months as CT600 (copies)
vi) A current appointment report from Companies House (print out directly from WebCHeck Service)
vii)A certificate of VAT registration printed out from HMRC and copies of VAT return receipts for last full financial year

Regarding my personal finances I have:

c(i) - Payslips and P60 covering same period as CT600 (original)
ii) Personal Bank Statements I still need to get
iii) Payslips since CT600 to now confirming salary (originals- latest one issued today, 28th September 2018) Still need bank statements covering this period too

The main questions I have are:

1) Re (i), would a printout of email confirmation suffice for CT600 filing or would this need to be notorized?

2) Would copies in general need to be notorized or are there some of the above which are acceptable without an official notary?

3) Re point (v), Bank statements for the business covering the same 12 months....etc, do I need bank statements for EVERY account we have? Also, would some statements from every month suffice? We get weekly statements and we have three accounts (the business current account/ cash management account and Foreign currency account). At the moment I have taken 1 page of every month covering the tax year (for example if there's 3 pages for our current account statement for April 2017, I've supplied Page 1 of 3). I've done this across all three accounts so essentially have 36 pages of paper in total. However, I'm not sure if I need to include everything or whether there's a better way to prove this point?  Sorry! I know there's a lot of queries in one but wanted to give as clear a picture as possible.

4) Re bank statements, should I notorize as well if they are photocopies/electronic copies?

5) Should I also provide copies of originals so that we can keep originals?

6) Anything else worth including?

Appreciate any insights yall might have with this; We aren't sure if we've done enough so would be great to have your opinions!

Please let me know if there's any other information you need from us in case any of the above isn't clear!

Many, many thanks!

Mr and Mrs Kev =)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Questions about Spouse Visa Financial Requirements
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 02:32:01 PM »
Why do you believe that you need to apply as a director of a specified company if you don't hold any shares and earn your salary through PAYE?

I would expect you would apply under Category A or B depending on how long you've been with the company.

No need to make it any more complicated than necessary.  :)

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 02:32:38 PM »
Are you listed as a director on Company's House?

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 03:27:03 PM »
Hi KFdancer, thanks for the reply!

Yes, I am listed as a director on Companies house and was appointed May 2017.

Through my understanding of the following from home office:

(a) The specified type of limited company is one in which:
(i) the person is a either a director or employee of the company, or both, or of another company within the same group; and
(ii) shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the following family members of the person or their partner: parent, grandparent, child, stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin; and
(iii) any remaining shares are held (directly or indirectly) by fewer than five other persons.

Since our company only has four directors and that shares are held directly by my brother, I believe I have to apply under category F? (even though I don't hold any shares myself)

Am I mistaken in thinking this?

Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 04:29:01 PM »
Hi KFdancer, thanks for the reply!

Yes, I am listed as a director on Companies house and was appointed May 2017.

Through my understanding of the following from home office:

(a) The specified type of limited company is one in which:
(i) the person is a either a director or employee of the company, or both, or of another company within the same group; and
(ii) shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the following family members of the person or their partner: parent, grandparent, child, stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin; and
(iii) any remaining shares are held (directly or indirectly) by fewer than five other persons.

Since our company only has four directors and that shares are held directly by my brother, I believe I have to apply under category F? (even though I don't hold any shares myself)

Am I mistaken in thinking this?

Thanks!

We've had this before with someone who was employed by their father.  We directed them to our trusted immigration attorney that we recommend and she confirmed that he did NOT need to apply as self-employed and all was fine.  I shall dig that thread out for you.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 04:33:50 PM »
Starts on this page.  On the next page, really pay attention to Ksand and Gwen's clarification around Paragraph 9.

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=93845.90

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 11:38:45 PM »
KFdancer; myself and Mrs Kev are about to do somersaults...The English language perspective and Ksand24/Gwen's clarification have me very close to opening a bottle of bubbly!.....BUT just one last time for our own peace of mind:

I do not hold any shares. I am a director. I earn a salary through PAYE. The only shareholder is my brother. There are three other directors including myself, all of which do not hold any shares.

Category A or Category F?

Holding our breaths.....

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 01:27:41 PM »
It all comes down to this statement in paragraph 9.  Ksand explains it perfectly.  Soonindevon was approved with category A and is now in Devon.

Sounds like your situation is identical (just a brother versus a father).  Read through it again but it sounds like Category A to me.   :)

Hoping this links directly to ksands perfect explanation.

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=93845.msg1235368#msg1235368

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 03:36:06 PM »
KFdancer, many thanks...Have read through further into the thread and okay; we'll try Category A!

Thank you so much for giving us the confidence to go ahead with this! =)

Here's what I am planning to include:

Financial Documents
- 6 months original payslips
- 6 months original bank statements
- Letter from company accountant confirming I am not a shareholder (original on company letterhead)
- Confirmation Statements from 2017 & 2018 from Companies house (print out)
- Employment letter  (original on letterhead)
- Employment contract (original on letterhead)
- P60 (original)

I was also thinking of including the audited annual accounts from KPMG; would this be a good idea?

Hope you are having a good weekend and sorry to trouble you again!

Mr & Mrs Kev

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 03:39:29 PM »
Sorry to add! Am skyping wifey right now and she was wondering too; Does this mean we don't need to include her salary/employment contract/bank statements since it's all in Singapore?

Or should we include this anyway?

• Liked: 3595
Questions about Spouse Visa Financial Requirements
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 03:45:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

Sorry to add! Am skyping wifey right now and she was wondering too; Does this mean we don't need to include her salary/employment contract/bank statements since it's all in Singapore?

Or should we include this anyway?

No, her income cannot be considered, so there’s no need to include it.

The online application will ask about her employment, but it won’t have any bearing on the application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:04:08 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 03:58:37 PM »
Hi Ksand24, thank you! Happy to have found you all =)

Really good to know- wifey sends her thanks!

It's been a long worrying journey but starting to feel a nervous excitement about applying!

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 11:23:32 PM »
I was going to create another thread for some of the other questions regarding proof of relationship but read in some of the others that it would best to write them on this same thread as it can get confusing! (if another thread is required please let me know and I'll correct it straight away!)

Wifey has sent me an email regarding the proof of relationship evidence as she is collating as much material as possible and is asking the following:

Blue font is my own assumed answer as Mrs Kev is in a different timezone and viewing this from Singapore!

1) Do I need to submit ALL passports since birth or up to last 10 years of travel?
I believe  from the other threads the answer is "yes" and any you don't have should be justified as lost/misplaced? (would we need proof of this?)

2) Should we include the application we made for the marriage visa? or copy of marriage visa page on passport?

3) How many joint travels do we need to include and would itineraries be suitable? (we'll dig up what we can over the last 7 years)

4) Any documents which MUST be notorized? (including photos of relationship etc?)

5) How far back should we include our correspondence when not together?
From what Ksand24 has said before, 40-60 messages across the total time we have been together no more than 2 to 3 pages long. So since we've been together from December 2010, perhaps 1 message from every month we're not in the same country? If anyone can confirm this would suffice that would be great!

Much thanks and hope all are having  a good weekend!

Mr & Mrs Kev =)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 01:37:15 AM »
1) Do I need to submit ALL passports since birth or up to last 10 years of travel?
I believe  from the other threads the answer is "yes" and any you don't have should be justified as lost/misplaced? (would we need proof of this?)

Yes, the online form will ask her to list all previous passports held, and it will also ask where those passports are now.

She needs to include all passports she still has, but if any have been lost or stolen, she just states this on the application. No need to prove anything.

2) Should we include the application we made for the marriage visa? or copy of marriage visa page on passport?

No, but you can mention that you applied for one in your sponsor letter when you talk about your relationship.

Note:
She did NOT have a marriage visa, she had a marriage VISITOR visa. They are two completely different things. A Marriage Visitor Visa is one that allows marriage as a visitor and costs about £90. A Marriage Visa is a fiancé visa and costs £1,523.

3) How many joint travels do we need to include and would itineraries be suitable? (we'll dig up what we can over the last 7 years)

As many as possible. The more time you can prove you have spent together in person, the stronger your application.

Ideally you should send the actual boarding passes, but if you no longer have them, the e-ticket can be sent instead.

4) Any documents which MUST be notorized? (including photos of relationship etc?)

Only documents where you cannot provide the originals, such as bank statements and payslips. Photos do not need to be notarised. If you like, you can get your passport photo page certified at a Post Office for about £10.

5) How far back should we include our correspondence when not together?

All the way back. You must provide evidence of correspondence for the entire length of the relationship.

If you have been together since Dec 2010, I would probably include maybe 6-10 messages/emails/calls per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 01:52:16 PM »
Thanks Ksand24, much appreciated!

I believe wifey is busy putting everything together now so will update yall on progress soon once we have the documents all ready!

Duly noted on point 2) and will draft the sponsor letter accordingly.

Hope you're having a great weekend everyone =)

All our best,

Mr & Mrs Kev

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab