Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions about Spouse Visa Financial Requirements  (Read 1637 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Questions about Spouse Visa Financial Requirements
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 03:57:14 PM »
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the help so far =)

Mrs Kev and I are busy collating our evidence and I was if anyone could kindly check if my sponsor letter is suitable? :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To The Entry Clearance Officer

I am writing in support of my wife's settlement visa application to join me in the UK. I am settled in the UK on ILR and received such status from May 2003 under ILR Vignette XXXXXXX.

I will be using my annual salary of £XXXXX to meet the financial requirement under category A. I am employed by DXXXXXXXXX as a commercial director and had started work in May 2017. The company is solely owned by my step-brother MXXXXXXXXX and I'm not in possession of any shares. Included as supporting documentation are my relevant payslips, bank statements, P60 and letters from the company confirming my status and ongoing employment.

Once my wife's visa has been granted, we will be residing at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX which is a 5-bedroom family home that is under full ownership of my parents. There are currently only three occupants and The Title Deed and Letter of Accommodation are included.

My wife and I met on 31 October 2010 in Singapore and began our relationship in December 2010  while I was based there (during September 2009 and August 2011). We have  travelled extensively together during the 1st  year of our relationship visiting different cities in Thailand and after I moved back to the UK, we took turns taking respective trips to see each other in order to maintain the Long Distance Relationship. I proposed to Mrs Kev in October 2016 during our joint holiday to Iceland and we held our wedding ceremony at XXXX in XXXX on the 18th of May, 2018. Mrs Kev's marriage visitor visa was approved on 14 March, 2018 and our wedding was officially registered at the XXXXXXX Registration Office. At the end of May she returned to Singapore to complete her work commitments and she is now ready to join me permanently in the UK. While apart, we have kept in touch using e-mail, Skype, Facebook, Whatsapp calls/ messages.

The documents I am including in support of the application are:
- Certified Copy of my current  passport photo page
- Certified Copy of my expired passport including the ILR Vignette
- 6 months of original Payslips
- 6 months of stamped Nationwide Bank Statements
- Letters from Employer
- Employment Contract
- P60
- Certified Copy of Title Deed to Accommodation
- Accommodation Letter from Home Owner
- Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate
- 2 Photos (one from our wedding day and one from our first holiday together in Phuket)
- Joint Itineraries where possible
- Boarding Passes to see each other where possible
- Screenshot of Facebook relationship history
- Correspondence between us whilst apart

Yours Sincerely,
Mr  Kev
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope we haven't left anything out......

Thanks!!!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 04:42:55 PM »
It’s not completely necessary to include a list of your documents, but it you can keep it in there if you like.

Other than that, your letter looks pretty good :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 04:52:28 PM »
It could be just me but I found the part regarding the proposal, wedding, marriage visit visa and registration confusing.

And should Kev not have a BRP?

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 04:57:08 PM »

Not if the ILR was granted in 2003 because BRPs didn’t exist back then (they were introduced in 2007, I think).

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 05:03:34 PM »
Larrabee is right, the relationship part is a little confusing - it implies you got married in Iceland!

I would suggest rewording it,

For example:

My wife and I met on 31 October 2010 in Singapore and began our relationship in December 2010 while I was based in Singapore [for what reason?] between 2009 and 2011.

We travelled extensively together during the first year of our relationship visiting different cities in Thailand. and a I moved back to the UK [on X date], we took turns taking respective trips to see each other. [list the dates/lengths of your trips].

We got engaged on X October 2016 during a holiday to Iceland. Mrs Kiev applied for a Marriage visitor visa which was granted on 14th March 2018 and we married in [city and country] on 18th May 2018.

At the end of May 2018 she returned to Singapore to complete her work commitments and she is now ready to join me permanently in the UK. While apart, we have kept in touch [how often?] using e-mail, Skype, Facebook, Whatsapp calls/ messages. [Also list the reason why you will settle in the UK instead of in Singapore]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/list]

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 05:08:56 PM »
Not if the ILR was granted in 2003 because BRPs didn’t exist back then (they were introduced in 2007, I think).

But isn't it necessary to have one now if you are employed? I thought I had read that here.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 05:10:35 PM »
But isn't it necessary to have one now if you are employed? I thought I had read that here.

Yes, in December 2015 it was changed that you need a BRP to prove "right to work" in the UK.  I don't know if/how that is affecting visa applications based on the sponsor having ILR.  I don't think we've seen this since the change... 

From a fine perspective, the onus is on the employer.  But from a "I don't want to end up unemployed because I can't prove I have the right to work" is on the employee.

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2018, 11:39:16 PM »
It could be just me but I found the part regarding the proposal, wedding, marriage visit visa and registration confusing.

Larrabee is right, the relationship part is a little confusing - it implies you got married in Iceland!

I would suggest rewording it,

Thanks Larrabee and Ksand24! You're both absolutely right, it's a little confusing! Hope the below paragraph makes it clearer!

-----------------------------------------

I was based in Singapore during 2009 and 2011 for work and being stationed there turned out to be a blessing as Mrs Kev and I met on 31 October 2010 and began our relationship on 10 December 2010.

We travelled extensively together during the first year of our relationship visiting different cities in Thailand and I moved back to the UK on 30 August 2011.

After I moved back home, Mrs Kev and I took turns taking trips to see each other as much as possible:

-XXX
-XXX
-XXX
-XXX
-XXX

We have supplied what we can in terms of itineraries, boarding passes  & hotel bookings to corroborate the above.

After many years of long distance we finally got engaged on 17 October 2016 during a holiday to Iceland. Mrs Kev applied for a Marriage visitor visa which was granted on 14th March 2018 and we married in North Berwick, Scotland on 18th May 2018.

At the end of May 2018 she returned to Singapore to complete her work commitments and she is now ready to join me permanently in the UK. While apart, we have kept in touch everyday using Skype calls mostly, but also Facebook, Whatsapp calls/ messages.

Having grown up in the UK and spending more than 20 years of my life here, I truly consider Britain my home. I am indeed looking to be naturalized in the near future. Mrs Kev has always enjoyed coming to the UK on numerous occasions. She can see her life here with me and is looking forward to the change in environment.

-----------------------------------------------

What do you guys think?

Re the BRP- I've actually never even been asked for this with any previous employer  ??? Even before joining my current company they would only just ask for proof of ILR, National insurance number and P45 (employee leaving work form)

In my experience, only one border agent has ever said to me it's worth considering rather than carrying my old passport around.

Here's hoping it doesn't affect the outcome of the application! =S

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2018, 02:16:37 AM »
Okay, that’s clearer, but it’s way, way too long now. You want 1 paragraph, maybe 2 at most, on your relationship.

I would cut it right down:

Mrs Kev and I met on 31 October 2010 in Singapore, while I was living there, and began our relationship on 10 December 2010. We travelled extensively together during the first year of our relationship visiting different cities in Thailand and I moved back to the UK on 30 August 2011. Mrs Kev then visited me in the UK on X, Y and Z dates, and I visited her on A, B and C dates. 

We got engaged on 17 October 2016 during a holiday to Iceland. Mrs Kev applied for a Marriage visitor visa which was granted on 14th March 2018 and we married in North Berwick, Scotland on 18th May 2018. She then returned to Singapore to complete her work commitments. While apart, we have kept in touch everyday using Skype calls mostly, but also Facebook, Whatsapp calls/messages. We are choosing to settle in the U.K. together because [give reason].

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2018, 02:31:45 AM »
Re the BRP- I've actually never even been asked for this with any previous employer  ??? Even before joining my current company they would only just ask for proof of ILR, National insurance number and P45 (employee leaving work form)

In my experience, only one border agent has ever said to me it's worth considering rather than carrying my old passport around.

The BRP for employment purposes has nothing to do with border agents. It’s about proving your right to work to your employer.

It’s perfectly fine to just carry the old passport when travelling, but it has recently been made a legal requirement that unless your ILR sticker is in a VALID passport, you must have a valid BRP in order to prove your right to work in the UK.

Your employer could face a fine of up to £20,000 if they employ you without carrying out the correct right to work checks (which includes checking that you have either a valid passport containing an ILR sticker OR a valid BRP for ILR).

See: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/441957/employers_guide_to_acceptable_right_to_work_documents_v5.pdf

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2018, 12:20:34 PM »
Thanks Ksand24 for both of the above. Will get the relationship paragraph shortened later today following closely to what you advised! For the [give reason] (why we want to settle in the UK) I was thinking of writing, "We have decided to settle in the UK to remain close to my family; my mother and brother are both British citizens and I consider Britain my home having been resident here for more than 20 years."

Would this be concise and appropriate to write?

And you're absolutely right- have looked through the 'recent' legislation's  and think it's best for me to fill out an NTL whilst we apply for Mrs Kev's visa.

Thanks for all the info!  =)

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2018, 12:35:30 PM »
Thanks Ksand24 for both of the above. Will get the relationship paragraph shortened later today following closely to what you advised! For the [give reason] (why we want to settle in the UK) I was thinking of writing, "We have decided to settle in the UK to remain close to my family; my mother and brother are both British citizens and I consider Britain my home having been resident here for more than 20 years."

Would this be concise and appropriate to write?

And you're absolutely right- have looked through the 'recent' legislation's  and think it's best for me to fill out an NTL whilst we apply for Mrs Kev's visa.

Thanks for all the info!  =)

Before you do, consider biting the bullet and doing citizenship instead.  Will be about £1,000 more than the BRP (which will be a few hundred £).  But then you would never have to worry about moving goal posts again. 

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2018, 10:59:33 PM »
Before you do, consider biting the bullet and doing citizenship instead.  Will be about £1,000 more than the BRP (which will be a few hundred £).  But then you would never have to worry about moving goal posts again. 

Hi KFdancer-

You've made a very good point and is definitely something I am considering. Will need to start studying for my Life in the UK test so once Mrs Kev is here I'll get on it. It seems the better way to go to be honest =)

As to the relationship paragraph, how does this look?:

------------------------------------------------------

Mrs Kev and I met on 31 October 2010 in Singapore, while I was living there, and began our relationship on 10 December 2010. We travelled extensively together during the first year of our relationship visiting different cities in Thailand and I moved back to the UK on 30 August 2011. Mrs Kev then visited me in the UK on X, Y and Z (still collating) dates, and I visited her on A, B and C dates (still collating)

We got engaged on 17 October 2016 during a holiday to Iceland. Mrs Kev applied for a Marriage visitor visa which was granted on 14th March 2018 and we married in North Berwick, Scotland on 18th May 2018. She then returned to Singapore to complete her work commitments. While apart, we have kept in touch everyday using Skype calls mostly, but also Facebook, Whatsapp calls/messages. We are choosing to settle in the U.K. together to remain close to my family; My mother and brother are both British citizens and, having grown up in the UK, I consider Britain my home.

-------------------------------------------------------

Is that a good enough reason to choosing UK as our place of settlement?

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2018, 12:25:00 PM »
Looks good.  You could just leave it as "We are choosing to settle in the U.K. together to remain close to my family."

• Banned

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 11:42:05 PM »
Hi everyone! So my wife and got I married in May this year and we managed to hold the wedding in Scotland (since I'm already based here!).

It was a beautiful day and we were really blessed that so many of our friends and family managed to join us on the occasion! We managed to get the marriage visitor visa without any issues and have a marriage certificate from the registrar in Scotland. Now we're onto the difficult part...The spouse visa!

But first some background;

I'm holding an ILR and work for a family business (I know, the most difficult one of all to prove =S ). My wife is currently employed in Singapore and is a Singaporean citizen. We first met back in 2010 when I was based out in Singapore and continued a long distance relationship once I moved back to Scotland in 2012. We saw each other quite frequently with myself taking trips out to Singapore or Mrs Kev coming over to Europe with work and I popped the big question in October 2016. After a year and a half of planning we married in May 2018 and Mrs Kev would now like to aim for early 2019 to come over for good. Tentatively we are aiming to apply by the 25th of October at the latest.

Sincerely appreciate any help/advice you have regarding the following!

I have read through the guidelines for evidence in proving the financial requirement for a director at a specified company and have managed to get the following with the help of our finance director.  I don't get any dividends as I don't hold any shares and earn a salary through PAYE as an employee:

i) CT600 for last full financial year (original) Still need electronic confirmation of filing
ii) Evidence of registration at companies house (certificate of incorporation and change of names to date (copies))
iii) Annual Audited accounts by KPMG + Independent Auditors Report by KPMG (copy)
iv) I believe isn't applicable as Audited accounts were provided
v) Bank statements every month covering the same 12 months as CT600 (copies)
vi) A current appointment report from Companies House (print out directly from WebCHeck Service)
vii)A certificate of VAT registration printed out from HMRC and copies of VAT return receipts for last full financial year

Regarding my personal finances I have:

c(i) - Payslips and P60 covering same period as CT600 (original)
ii) Personal Bank Statements I still need to get
iii) Payslips since CT600 to now confirming salary (originals- latest one issued today, 28th September 2018) Still need bank statements covering this period too

The main questions I have are:

1) Re (i), would a printout of email confirmation suffice for CT600 filing or would this need to be notorized?

2) Would copies in general need to be notorized or are there some of the above which are acceptable without an official notary?

3) Re point (v), Bank statements for the business covering the same 12 months....etc, do I need bank statements for EVERY account we have? Also, would some statements from every month suffice? We get weekly statements and we have three accounts (the business current account/ cash management account and Foreign currency account). At the moment I have taken 1 page of every month covering the tax year (for example if there's 3 pages for our current account statement for April 2017, I've supplied Page 1 of 3). I've done this across all three accounts so essentially have 36 pages of paper in total. However, I'm not sure if I need to include everything or whether there's a better way to prove this point?  Sorry! I know there's a lot of queries in one but wanted to give as clear a picture as possible.

4) Re bank statements, should I notorize as well if they are photocopies/electronic copies?

5) Should I also provide copies of originals so that we can keep originals?

6) Anything else worth including?

Appreciate any insights yall might have with this; We aren't sure if we've done enough so would be great to have your opinions!

Please let me know if there's any other information you need from us in case any of the above isn't clear!

Many, many thanks!

Mr and Mrs Kev =)

Trick question
Are you so sure yours is a specified company?
You said you dont own any shares and owning shares by you or your enumerated family  members is actually the very definition of the specified company.
Just saying since your initial post doesnt make it clear.
"A family business" that doesnt belong to anyone in YOUR family is just a job.

Disclaimer: I am a Level 3 OISC advisor and so my opinions are informed by knowledge of the law and years of practice. Yet, no opinion given without detailed review of an individual case should be taken or treated as competent legal advice.

Sponsored Links