Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ToR - How detailed does list need to be?  (Read 1207 times)

• Liked: 25
ToR - How detailed does list need to be?
« on: September 28, 2018, 08:42:55 PM »
Hi all!

I am just beginning to compile the list of belongings we wish to import and wonder if anyone has an example of HOW they have listed their belongings? How detailed does it need to be?

Also, how have you valued things? Do I really need to show documentation on everything we're bringing? We definitely will not have receipts for most things we are shipping. If it's helpful to know, we're really only planning to ship books, records, cookware, dishes, clothes (hoping for most of those in luggage) - no furniture, electronics, etc.
Leave to Enter (Spouse): 2018-2021
Leave to Remain FLR(M): 2021-2023

Application Type: SET(M)
Priority/Non-Priority: Super Priority
Online Application Submitted: 13 December 2023
Biometrics Appointment: 21 December 2023
Decision Made Email: 21 December 2023 - APPROVED!
BRP Received: 23 December 2023

• Liked: 957
Re: ToR - How detailed does list need to be?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 10:57:23 PM »
Hi all!

I am just beginning to compile the list of belongings we wish to import and wonder if anyone has an example of HOW they have listed their belongings? How detailed does it need to be?

Also, how have you valued things? Do I really need to show documentation on everything we're bringing? We definitely will not have receipts for most things we are shipping. If it's helpful to know, we're really only planning to ship books, records, cookware, dishes, clothes (hoping for most of those in luggage) - no furniture, electronics, etc.
I summarised similar items. 100 12" records, clothes older than 6 months, assorted kitchen utensils, 4x kitchen pans etc. And then estimated their resale value. Where a purchase receipt was available I included it otherwise I mentioned it wasn't available. I ended up bringing some things not on my TOR that were itemised on my shipping manifest and there were no issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 25
Re: ToR - How detailed does list need to be?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 03:39:56 AM »
Perfect - thank you so much!!

I summarised similar items. 100 12" records, clothes older than 6 months, assorted kitchen utensils, 4x kitchen pans etc. And then estimated their resale value. Where a purchase receipt was available I included it otherwise I mentioned it wasn't available. I ended up bringing some things not on my TOR that were itemised on my shipping manifest and there were no issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Leave to Enter (Spouse): 2018-2021
Leave to Remain FLR(M): 2021-2023

Application Type: SET(M)
Priority/Non-Priority: Super Priority
Online Application Submitted: 13 December 2023
Biometrics Appointment: 21 December 2023
Decision Made Email: 21 December 2023 - APPROVED!
BRP Received: 23 December 2023

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab