Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions About Financial and Relationship Evidence  (Read 3806 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Questions About Financial and Relationship Evidence
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 02:04:44 PM »
My husband is NON SALARIED like me.

Would I need to include a payslip and employment letter from my previous employer to cover that one month?.... I'm sorry if I'm being super stupid but cat b is very new to the both of us.

Ah, okay.  Him being non-salaried does make Category A easier than I thought then.

Honestly, it's up to you which one you prefer.

Category A, figure out the exact six month period you are applying with, add all of those payslips together, divide by 6, multiply by 12.

Category B, add all payslips received by either of you for the past 12 months.

No, you would not need a letter from any previous employers, only current employers.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 02:10:38 PM »
My husband is NON SALARIED like me.

Would I need to include a payslip and employment letter from my previous employer to cover that one month?.... I'm sorry if I'm being super stupid but cat b is very new to the both of us.

If you need the previous employment's wages to meet the £18,600 threshold, you can include it.  If you have enough income for the year with just the payslips from your current employment and your husband's employment, you can save yourself the hassle of including the other payslip and explaining it.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 02:22:37 PM »
Category B is specifically for people who either have:
- been with their current employer for LESS THAN 6 months
Or
- have been with their company for more than 6 months but have a variable income.

As long as between you, you have earned at least £18,600 in total before tax in the last 12 months, it doesn’t matter how long you have been at your job or how many jobs you have held. You could have held 10 jobs in that time, or you could have been unemployed for most of it... it doesn’t matter, as long as total earnings are £18,600 more.

I.e, you could have been employed for 4 months and earned £12,000 in that time, then been unemployed for 5 months, then been employed again for 3 months and earned £7,000 in that time. Total earnings over those 7 months would be £19,000, which meets the requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2018, 02:51:46 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help and patience. :) I think it's finally sunk into my thick skull! Lol The appendix isn't really all that helpful when it comes to putting things in layman's terms for people like myself.

I'm pretty sure my husband has convinced himself to continue on with cat a, but we will see what happens as we get closer to submission.

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2018, 06:16:21 PM »
Very quick question, does any wage increase affect how we will calculate the amount for the requirement?

I was given a raise in April and my husband was given one in July.

Thank you to everyone who has been super helpful today!  :)

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2018, 06:29:26 PM »
Very quick question, does any wage increase affect how we will calculate the amount for the requirement?

I was given a raise in April and my husband was given one in July.

Thank you to everyone who has been super helpful today!  :)

As you are non-salaried, it won't affect the calculation, because they just add up all the payslips and work out the average earned over the 6 months.

If you were salaried though, it WOULD affect it, because for salaried employment they only consider the LOWEST payslip from the 6 months. So they work out the annual income by multiplying the lowest payslip by 12....which is actually how someone was refused their visa last year. They were NON-salaried, but their employer letter stated they were SALARIED. They met the requirements under the non-salaried calculation, but UKVI used the salaried calculation and multiplied their lowest payslip by 12. The lowest was unfortunately £1,275, which gave an annual income of only £15,300... and they were incorrectly refused the visa.

So, it's really important that your employer letters explicitly state you are NON-salaried, so that the income is calculated correctly.

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2018, 07:18:33 PM »
As you are non-salaried, it won't affect the calculation, because they just add up all the payslips and work out the average earned over the 6 months.

If you were salaried though, it WOULD affect it, because for salaried employment they only consider the LOWEST payslip from the 6 months. So they work out the annual income by multiplying the lowest payslip by 12....which is actually how someone was refused their visa last year. They were NON-salaried, but their employer letter stated they were SALARIED. They met the requirements under the non-salaried calculation, but UKVI used the salaried calculation and multiplied their lowest payslip by 12. The lowest was unfortunately £1,275, which gave an annual income of only £15,300... and they were incorrectly refused the visa.

So, it's really important that your employer letters explicitly state you are NON-salaried, so that the income is calculated correctly.

Alrightie, we were already prepared for  including it on the employment letters. I've read some horror stories as well.  :( Trust me when I say that we are mentioning we are non salaried as many times on the application as we possibly can. 

Thanks so much ksand!

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018, 05:27:17 PM »
Back again everyone. :D

I've realized that some of my husband's payslips don't have our current address on them. Will this be a problem?

For a long time he lived in shared accommodation and didn't trust to have his mail delivered to him so he opted to have all his mail sent to his mom's.

It wasn't until May this year that he finally changed it over to our current address.

Should we mention this in the covering letter?

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 05:50:54 PM »
Back again everyone. :D

I've realized that some of my husband's payslips don't have our current address on them. Will this be a problem?

Nope - some payslips don't have any address on them anyway (I know mine don't).

For a long time he lived in shared accommodation and didn't trust to have his mail delivered to him so he opted to have all his mail sent to his mom's.

It wasn't until May this year that he finally changed it over to our current address.

Should we mention this in the covering letter?

It'll probably be worth a mention, just so it doesn't confuse things.

Do you have enough correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address for the entire time you've lived together? If not, then the reason for you having different addresses to each other will need to be explained.

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2018, 06:37:09 PM »
Nope - some payslips don't have any address on them anyway (I know mine don't).

It'll probably be worth a mention, just so it doesn't confuse things.

Do you have enough correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address for the entire time you've lived together? If not, then the reason for you having different addresses to each other will need to be explained.

Thanks ksand, we will make mention of it. :)

Yeah, we have a ton of correspondence to our current address. I've kept everything and put all of it into a binder in chronological order. Lol I like to be prepared.

Saying that, some of the bills we had were misplaced so we called the companies and asked for them to be resent.

The EDF bills I ordered came with a nice letter of authenticity and say "true and original copy" on each page. However, the Virgin bills my husband ordered only say COPY in big bold letters at the top of the page.

Will this be an issue?

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 07:06:50 PM »
Thanks ksand, we will make mention of it. :)

Yeah, we have a ton of correspondence to our current address. I've kept everything and put all of it into a binder in chronological order. Lol I like to be prepared.

Do they cover the entire time you've lived together?

You moved in together in Jan 2017, correct? If so, you'll want to include one document in each name (either joint or separate) from each of the following months:
Jan 2017
May 2017
Sept 2017
Jan 2018
May 2018
Sept 2018

Saying that, some of the bills we had were misplaced so we called the companies and asked for them to be resent.

The EDF bills I ordered came with a nice letter of authenticity and say "true and original copy" on each page. However, the Virgin bills my husband ordered only say COPY in big bold letters at the top of the page.

Will this be an issue?

What dates are on the bills you ordered? They really need to be the actual bills mailed on the original dates. If they have current dates on them (and so are backdated) and are copies, they won't be suitable to use... because the whole point of the correspondence is that you are proving you both physically received them in the post on the dates they were originally issued.

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2018, 08:02:13 PM »
The bills we ordered only have their original dates on them, there's no reference to the date they were ordered.

The reason why we had to order them was because we had very little correspondence for 2017. The idea that we would get married never crossed my mind, so turning off paperless billing never seemed necessary when I was convinced that I'd be leaving anyway. Hindsight is 20/20.

The below is a basic list of what we can and can't provide.

Jan 2017

Husband - Dated: Jan 07, 2017 -  Tenancy Agreement

I am named on this agreement as a Permitted Occupier as I hadn't entered the UK on my YMS yet and therefore had no job. The landlady only gave my husband a copy of this as she said that the original stays with her for her own records...

Me -  Dated: Jan 25, 2017 DWP Letter (Applying for NI)

May 2017

Husband - Dated: May 31, 2017 Copy of Virgin Bill

This is where I run into problems...I have stuff from April and June but nothing for May. Is there anyway I can throw in a few more documents to cover the period?

Sept 2017

Husband - Dated: Sept 29, 2017 Copy of Virgin Bill

Me - Dated: Sept 29, 2017 Copy of EDF Energy Bill

Jan 2018

Husband - Dated: Jan 16, 2018 NHS Letter (Hospital Appointment)

Me - Dated: Jan 26, 2018 NHS Letter (Asks for me to make a cervical screening appointment)

May 2018

Husband - Dated: May 20, 2018 Halifax Credit Card Statement

And again for some reason I have no mail for May ...

Sept 2018

Husband - Dated: Sept 19, 2018 Halifax Credit Card Statement

Me - Dated Sept 01, 2018 Original EDF Energy Bill

So yeah I'm stuck about what to do to make up for not having mail for May....

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2018, 08:29:30 PM »
Maybe this would work?

January 2017

- Husband : Tenancy Agreement
- Me: DWP Letter

April 2017

- Husband: TV License
- Me: Scottish Power Bill

July 2017

- Husband: Virgin Bill (Ordered Copy)
- Me: EDF Energy Bill (Ordered Copy)

October 2017

- Husband: Virgin Bill (Ordered Copy)
- Me: NHS Letter

January 2018

- Husband: NHS Letter
- Me: NHS Letter

April 2018

- Husband: Halifax Credit Card Statement
- Me: EDF Energy Bill (Original)

July 2018

- Husband: NHS Letter

October 2018

- Husband: Virgin Bill (Original)

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 08:39:25 AM »
Back again, I'm so sorry for the litany of questions.  :-[

My husband is having a hard time getting in contact with anyone from his HR. In the event that he cannot find anyone in HR to write his employment letter, would it be possible for his line manager to write it or is this not permitted?

I'm super nervous and want to make sure all of the information we provide in the application is what's required.

Also, would it be possible for someone to check if the correspondence in the above post is adequate?

Thank you everyone!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 12:47:00 PM »
Back again, I'm so sorry for the litany of questions.  :-[

My husband is having a hard time getting in contact with anyone from his HR. In the event that he cannot find anyone in HR to write his employment letter, would it be possible for his line manager to write it or is this not permitted?

I'm super nervous and want to make sure all of the information we provide in the application is what's required.

Also, would it be possible for someone to check if the correspondence in the above post is adequate?

Thank you everyone!

I'm not sure about the line manager.  I believe it has to be someone with a certain level of authority, and I'm not sure line manager counts.

Your correspondence... you need 6 sets (each set being one jointly-addressed or two individually-addressed pieces of correspondence).  You have listed 8.  Is it possible to rearrange it to 6 sets, every four or five months, and avoid using ordered copies?  Or do you have nothing at all in 2017?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab