Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions About Financial and Relationship Evidence  (Read 3831 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Questions About Financial and Relationship Evidence
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »
@olga_childs

I'm a bit confused as to your statement referring to me being on a Tier 5 Visa. I was under the impression that it was perfectly fine for me to combine my income with my husband's as I am on a visa that allows me to work and has been issued for more than 6 months.

I've been permanently employed by my current company since November 2017 and they are more than happy for me to continue working for them once I've switched over to a spousal visa.

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2018, 10:53:26 AM »
I have very bad news about my husband's letter of employment.  :\\\'( :\\\'(

His employers are refusing to write him anything, even his line manager has refused to help us.

One of the stock managers wrote a very basic letter which is not on letterheaded paper, does not state his annual income and does not verify his payslips. The only thing they offered to do for him was to stamp and sign them.

We are both at a loss at the moment and don't have anyone else to turn to. We have contacted everyone we can and spoken to many people where he works and we can't get what we need from any of them.

What should we do?

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2018, 11:27:05 AM »
I have very bad news about my husband's letter of employment.  :\\\'( :\\\'(

His employers are refusing to write him anything, even his line manager has refused to help us.

One of the stock managers wrote a very basic letter which is not on letterheaded paper, does not state his annual income and does not verify his payslips. The only thing they offered to do for him was to stamp and sign them.

We are both at a loss at the moment and don't have anyone else to turn to. We have contacted everyone we can and spoken to many people where he works and we can't get what we need from any of them.

What should we do?

If you drafted the letter, would someone with authority be willing to sign it?

Is it a small business?  No HR department?  If it's small enough, can he just go to the owner?  I can't understand why anybody would refuse to sign a basic letter confirming his employment...?  What reason did they give for their refusal?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 387
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2018, 11:52:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about the road block.

Is it that they don't want to actually take the extra time out of their day to write the letter themselves?  Or do they have a fundamental reason to not provide one? 

If you drafted a letter with the required information, would they sign it?

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2018, 12:07:42 PM »
As far as I know from what my husband has told me, no one wants to take responsibility for it.

He works for Tesco and there are plenty of people with the resources to do it for him but they're giving him the run around.

He's gone to payroll who have told him they aren't allowed to, he's called the number they provided him and they've also said they aren't able to release any of his information. His manager is refusing because he doesn't want to get into trouble.

The best we have is a stamped letter from the stock manager with his name, job title, hourly rate and contracted hours. It's not on company letter headed paper, makes no mention of his annual earnings and doesn't mention his payslips.

He's waiting to see if he can speak to his store manager but I have a feeling he's going to refuse as well.

I'm so broken up about this ....  :\\\'(

• Liked: 387
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2018, 12:13:14 PM »
What are they worried they'll get in trouble for?  Can he show them a print out of the guidance to prove what he needs it for, and as evidence it's actually a required document?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2018, 12:21:16 PM »
He needs to call HR.  They will do this day in and day out.  I can promise he is not the first Tesco employee to sponsor a spouse. 

Print out the guidance of exactly what you need, attach a drafted letter stating all the said items, and ask them to sign and print on Tesco letterhead.  This CAN be done.  You can do it!!!

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2018, 12:25:41 PM »
He has done this, he has reached out to what Tesco considers their "HR" (it's an outsourced call centre basically) and has been told that they cannot confirm certain details about his employment or add additional information.

He's shown everyone the guidance notes, has told them that this is something he needs or else we will be separated. They just seem confused by the entire process and are unwilling to help.

I'm not sure what the worry is to be honest, this entire thing has really thrown me. My job has been more than willing to put anything I need in my employment letter.

Looks like I'm going home in January...

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2018, 10:00:47 AM »
So after all of this trauma and turmoil about the letter, his store manager finally decided to write and sign one for us.

There's a big problem though, the letter is not dated, and he has hand written parts of it.

Before any of you suggest asking these people to write another letter for us, that won't happen. They have been very unwilling to help and even getting this far has been a struggle.

We have two letters currently, one that's dated but isn't on company letterheaded paper, makes no mention of his annual salary and doesn't authenticate his payslips and this new one that has all the details we need but isn't dated and the store manager just signed his name and added hand written details.

I don't know what to do anymore, should we just submit both and hope for the best.

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2018, 06:15:39 AM »
Hello again,

Well after a lot of stress we finally got a letter from Tesco for my husband. As they no longer have headed stationary, we added a line in the letter explaining this and it's been stamped. Hopefully this will be good enough since we can't provide what we don't have....

Quick question, my husband and I need to get partial statements for October. If we get these printed out at our respective banks will they need to stamp them for authenticity?

The last time I went into my Lloyds branch, I had to beg and plead with the teller to stamp the statements and I'm paranoid about it happening again.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2018, 06:22:52 AM »
Quick question, my husband and I need to get partial statements for October. If we get these printed out at our respective banks will they need to stamp them for authenticity?

The last time I went into my Lloyds branch, I had to beg and plead with the teller to stamp the statements and I'm paranoid about it happening again.

The statements only need to be stamped if you have printed them at home from online banking.

If the bank has printed them in-branch and they say 'printed in branch' on them, they do not need to be stamped (though some people do ask for them to be stamped, just for peace of mind).

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2018, 06:34:24 AM »
Thanks ksand 🙂

Quick question about accomodation if anyone can help. We currently live in a flat owned by my husband's mother. My husband pay her £500 - £700 a month in rent and that's reflected on his bank statements, however we don't have a formal tenancy agreement.

The letter that she signed for us makes no mention of this but has all other pertinent information (how many rooms, how many people occupy the flat, the date we moved in and her permission to continue living in the flat once the visa is granted).

Will this be okay or should we have the letter amended?

Thanks in advance.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2018, 07:46:28 AM »
It probably doesn’t make much difference but since he does pay her rent each month, it’s best for her to mention it. No need for a tenancy agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2018, 07:53:25 AM »
Alrightie, thanks a ton ksand.  :)

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2018, 07:02:44 PM »
Hi everyone,

They've just updated the FLR m form to an online option only and it's scaring me.

We booked an in person appointment at Croydon back in October. The appointment date is the 13th of November and we have all of our documents ready for submission along with the old paper form. We have paid the fees and the ihs surcharge already.

Do we have to fill in this new form? Do we have to pay again? We can't afford to do that since we used all of our savings when we booked initially.

Does anyone have any ideas? Our appointment is on Tuesday and I don't want to be turned away for using the old form.

Sponsored Links