Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proposed Civil or Marriage??  (Read 1679 times)

• Liked: 19
Re: Proposed Civil or Marriage??
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 01:13:04 PM »
So the decision has been made:
-Rex is flying back to the states in 3 weeks and we’re gonna get married here.

At that time, he’ll have his NIN number as well as permanent housing, and have been working for his new company for two weeks. That should cancel the need for the accommodation paperwork you mentioned previously, right?

And I will be using the Revere, MA USCIS. 🙂
Spouse visa
Priority
Online app submitted 13 November 2018
Biometrics appointment 13 November 2018
Docs sent to New York 13 November 2018
Docs received in New York 14 November 2018
Sheffield confirmation email 18 December 2018
Decision made 22 December
Visa received 26 December

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 01:24:32 PM »

At that time, he’ll have his NIN number as well as permanent housing, and have been working for his new company for two weeks. That should cancel the need for the accommodation paperwork you mentioned previously, right?

And I will be using the Revere, MA USCIS. 🙂

You'll want a copy of his lease and a letter from the landlord granting you permission to live there after your visa is approved.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 01:26:09 PM »

And I will be using the Revere, MA USCIS.

You always have to provide accommodation evidence.

Where will he be living? Is it rented? 

If he will be renting, you need:
- his original signed tenancy agreement
- a wet signature letter from the landlord giving permission for you to live there too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 01:50:08 AM »
Hey Ksand24,
So the wedding is a week from Friday and I'm trying to get all my documents in place to send my app ASAP. Do you have a stickied post on the forum you like for documents that I need to send?? Or maybe you have a personal list of everything I'll need?? I did a quick search of marriage documents needed and most results were from at least 10 years ago.

Thanks,
Chris
Spouse visa
Priority

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2018, 09:06:55 AM »
Hey Ksand24,
So the wedding is a week from Friday and I'm trying to get all my documents in place to send my app ASAP. Do you have a stickied post on the forum you like for documents that I need to send?? Or maybe you have a personal list of everything I'll need?? I did a quick search of marriage documents needed and most results were from at least 10 years ago.

Thanks,
Chris

She's written a beautiful list for you earlier in this thread.  :)

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2018, 02:33:56 PM »
Perfect! That’s what i’ve been going off. Just read a recent post with a few mishaps and scared about missing something....
Chris
Spouse visa
Priority

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2018, 02:44:24 PM »
Perfect! That’s what i’ve been going off. Just read a recent post with a few mishaps and scared about missing something....
Chris

You'll be fine :).

When you have everything ready, before you submit the online application, just post a list of all your documents (including dates covered and formats of the documents) and we can double-check it to make sure nothing is missing :).

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2018, 02:56:33 PM »
Awesome! Thank you so much!!

Hopefully one last question but, since my fiancé just started his new job Monday, we’ll have to go category B route to prove the financial requirement. Since this requires 12 months of direct deposit and banks slips, is it ok if the bank prints the deposits and writes one verifying letter, as long as they’re printed on official letterhead or something. Same with the direct deposits from his former employer?
We’re just questioning what the best way to get everything “verified” is.

Thanks all!
Chris
Spouse visa
Priority

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »
Here is what is required from the bank:

1. In relation to evidencing the financial requirements in Appendix FM the following general provisions shall apply:
(a) Bank statements must:
(i) be from a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating.
(ii) not be from a financial institution on the list of excluded institutions in Appendix P of these rules.
(iii) in relation to personal bank statements be only in the name of:
(1) the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both as appropriate; or
(2) if the applicant is a child the applicant parent’s partner, the applicant’s parent or both as appropriate; or
(3) if the applicant is an adult dependent relative, the applicant’s sponsor or the applicant, unless otherwise stated.
(iv) cover the period(s) specified.
(v) be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

And for the payslips:

(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 03:08:31 PM »
Thanks KFdancer!
That website is definitely not what the Visa website sent me to regarding financial documentation, so thank you. This is definitely easier to understand.

Chris
Spouse visa
Priority

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2018, 03:15:36 PM »
Thanks KFdancer!
That website is definitely not what the Visa website sent me to regarding financial documentation, so thank you. This is definitely easier to understand.

Chris

The website KFDancer posted a link to is the official government website... and that is the official guidance set by UKVI in regards to what they will accept for the financial requirement.

Out of curiosity, which website link were you given by the visa website?

• Banned

• Liked: 0
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 10:19:06 PM »
Understood. Thanks Aquila.
On a side note, I’m using my partner as my sponsor but he just moved over last week and doesn’t not have a national insurance number yet, even though he is a citizen (he’s dual US/UK) and his permanent address is currently a friend’s flat.
Both of these items are on the sponsorship form that I need to send in. Think they can be amended after I send my info in? Or is this going to be a WHOLE other issue??
Thanks,
Chris

Hi

Sorry to interject it is not clear from your post that you realise that the financial requirement is sort of two parts. If he just moved (option B) then what you are relying on previous US income and current UK contract simultaneously?  This is a bit tricky. Plus to my mind, if he doesnt yet have a payslip and bank statement - at least one -- this still sounds like a couple returning jointly and you would show past salary in the US and new job as essentially a job offer. IMHO.

National insurance number itself is not an issue but of course someone working in the UK supposedly would have one but it take a couple of weeks to get if he never lived there before.

You do know there is also an accommodation requirement right? It has to be met at the time of application.
You know you need to fill out Appendix 2 VAF4A? You put on it who owns the property and who lives there and there needs to be some evidence. You CANNOT adduce this later.

I also want to correct something said in responses above. "Marriage visa" is actually a "visitor for marriage" visa which is silly for many reasons (I cover this in "which visa"). Generally I concur with other posters that applying as a spouse directly is a better route, but obviously for some couples for instance same sex couples marrying in their place of residence may be commplicated then fiancee/proposed CP visa is an option but essentially you pay the high fee twice and as you are just discovering the requirements are quite onerous.

In the end it is a balancing exercise between you spending extra on the fiancee/proposed CP visa so you can marry or do a CP in the UK and fly back and stay in the US while the application is considered, or you pay the higher fees and endure the onerous requirements now but you can then switch in the UK.

Dont forget UK also accepts UNMARRIED partnerships where cohabitation of over 2 years is shown. This is essentially directly a spouse/partner visa. without marriage at all, if you marry or do a CP later you remain on the same 5 year route.

If you filed out online application but have not enrolled bio, I caution you to NOT enrol bio until you are confident that you have everything you need. You might be better off cancelling the  application (you will eventually get a refund if bio not yet enrolled) and waiting until you have everything.

Disclaimer: I am a Level 3 OISC advisor and so my opinions are informed by knowledge of the law and years of practice. Yet, no opinion given without detailed review of an individual case should be taken or treated as competent legal advice.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 05:27:19 PM by Leah »

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2018, 12:06:37 AM »
Hey Ksand24,
The website was a link off of the Visa4uk e-mail that I received about my initial biometric appointment.

Thanks Olga! I have already retracted my application so that we can get married in the US next week, and then reapply as a spouse.
Spouse visa
Priority

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2018, 03:05:52 AM »
Hey Ksand24,
The website was a link off of the Visa4uk e-mail that I received about my initial biometric appointment.

Can you post the link? I want to check which page they are directing you to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2018, 06:01:42 PM »
Hi Ksand24,
So I doubled back through my e-mails and the link I was sent is for the 2017 financial requirement. It contains all the requirements for category B financial documentation, although some of the wording is "loose". I think I was just confused about that.

On the positive side, Rex is bringing his documents this weekend, and his payslips/bank statements are in the mail.
On another note, the marriage certificate does not appear to be a document needed, is this an oversight? I feel like it's an important document to send, lol.

Chris
Spouse visa
Priority

Sponsored Links