Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proposed Civil or Marriage??  (Read 1678 times)

• Liked: 3589
Proposed Civil or Marriage??
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2018, 06:20:03 PM »
Hi Ksand24,
So I doubled back through my e-mails and the link I was sent is for the 2017 financial requirement. It contains all the requirements for category B financial documentation, although some of the wording is "loose". I think I was just confused about that.

Was it this link:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636618/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

If so, that is exactly what you should be looking at for the financial requirements, along with Appendix FM-SE, which KFDancer linked you to a few posts above, because it contains all that official guidance,

So, Appendix FM-SE lists the specified documents and evidence needed to meet the financial requirement, and Appendix FM 1.7 details all the categories, how they can be met, and contains case studies, plus it lists all the documents needed, as published in Appendix FM-SE.

On another note, the marriage certificate does not appear to be a document needed, is this an oversight? I feel like it's an important document to send, lol.

The marriage certificate is absolutely required.

If you were only given the link I posted above for all the documents, then no wonder you are confused, because that only contains the financial document requirements. It does not contain any info about the documents required for the relationship and accommodation requirements.

There is a published list of supporting documents on the UKVI website, though not everything listed on there is needed, which is why we post document lists here on the forum:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

And the accommodation requirements are here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa--2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
Re: Proposed Civil or Marriage??
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2018, 06:27:55 PM »
I think he was referring to your list you kindly posted in the first page.  But that was when they were thinking of a fiance visa versus a spouse visa.  :)

• Liked: 19
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2018, 06:59:04 PM »
Ok, that explains a lot. I've never seen that supporting document list. :-)

I'll be posting the collection of our documents this weekend and hopefully sending everything before November.
Spouse visa
Priority
Online app submitted 13 November 2018
Biometrics appointment 13 November 2018
Docs sent to New York 13 November 2018
Docs received in New York 14 November 2018
Sheffield confirmation email 18 December 2018
Decision made 22 December
Visa received 26 December

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2018, 06:09:51 PM »
Hey All!!
So yesterday was the day! See updated profile pic!

Now that we're going through with a spouse visa, I just wanted to check in with you on what I have and what else I may need. I have not submitted yet. Here's my list:
-Application page
-2 passport photos
-Passport
-Biometrics
-VAF 4A form
-Husband's financial documentation including:
     -Husband's 12 months of payslips
     -Verification letter signed by Husband's former employer
     -Husband's 12 months of Bank deposits
     -Verification letter from Bank of Husband's employer's direct deposits
     -Husband's initial letter of new employment in UK (Started October 15th)
     -Husband's contract of new employment including salary
-Letter from Husband's residence allowing me residence there
-Certified copy of marriage certificate
-Pages of text correspondence dates through text message and facebook messenger
-Photos of us together, including wedding "ceremony"
-Print outs of flights to visit each other

One question I have is if the VAF 4A form replaces the sponsor form since he's my spouse, or do I need that form as well?? I also have a "cover letter" that my husband wrote and signed that I can include if necessary.
Also, my husband has yet to receive his NIN number. He had the meeting last Thursday and they said it takes two weeks. Can I send his NIN appointment confirmation letter in replace (the VAF 4A form requires his NIN).
Anything you see I'm missing or some glaring errors? I know we've gone in quite a different direction since starting this thread but I appreciate all the help.
Thanks,
Chris and Rex
Spouse visa
Priority

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2018, 06:23:31 PM »
Hey All!!
So yesterday was the day! See updated profile pic!

Congratulations :D!

Just going to rearrange all your documents into the correct order (additions are in red):

Applicant's Documents
- priority processing receipt (if using)
- return shipping label
- contents letter (listing visa type, date you want the vignette to start and a list of the documents in the package)
- full printed online application

- completed VAF4a Appendix 2 form
- stamped Biometrics sheet
- US Passport
- previous passports
- 1 passport photo ONLY

Sponsor's Documents
- copy of photo page of his UK passport
- sponsor's letter of support for the visa

Financial Documents
     -Husband's 12 months of payslips and verification letter signed by Husband's former employer
     -Husband's 12 months of Bank deposits and verification letter that the full statements are true and correct (not just the payslip deposits) ONLY if they are printed from online banking
     -Husband's initial letter of new employment in UK (Started October 15th)
     -Husband's contract of new employment including salary

Accommodation Documents
- husband's original tenancy agreement
-Letter from Husband's residence allowing me residence there

Relationship Documents
-Certified copy of marriage certificate
- 1 or 2 photos MAX of you together
-Print outs of flights to visit each other
-Pages of text correspondence dates through text message and facebook messenger - 3 pages MAX of each, no message content to be included

Photocopies

One question I have is if the VAF 4A form replaces the sponsor form since he's my spouse, or do I need that form as well??

The sponsorship form is not required for a spousal visa. It is only needed for exceptional circumstances visas where the applicant is completely financially and physically dependant on the sponsor (i.e. elderly parent or disabled adult child who cannot care for themselves and has no means of getting care in their home country).

The VAF4a Appendix 2 form is ALWAYS required, regardless of whether the sponsorship form is needed, because it's the second half of the application.

I also have a "cover letter" that my husband wrote and signed that I can include if necessary.

This MUST be included. It's mandatory and the visa can be refused without it.

It must outline how he meets each requirement of the visa (sponsor eligibility, financial requirement, UK accommodation and short history of the relationship).

Also, my husband has yet to receive his NIN number. He had the meeting last Thursday and they said it takes two weeks. Can I send his NIN appointment confirmation letter in replace (the VAF 4A form requires his NIN).

There's no need to include his NIN if he doesn't have one. Just leave it blank on the form.

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2018, 07:34:03 PM »
Hey Ksand24,
Finally getting all my documents together. The mail can be SO slow. Couple questions have come up.
1. For additional passports, my US one is my only one but I've had it renewed, do I need to include the older passport? They should have the same passport number.

2. When providing the text pages, I literally just have a column with our names and the date and time. Is that what they're looking for? We talk everyday so should I just pick a couple days a month or try and document the entire chat log?? See below.
Chris
Jun 22, 2018 10:01am
Alex
Jun 22, 2018 9:56am

3. Not a question but such a weird coincidence. You really helped one of my husband's friends, Justin, with his visa application! He applied back in 2017 from NYC and was approved. He specifically remembers your SN. Hopefully that's good luck for me eh? :-)

I think that's all for now.
Spouse visa
Priority

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2018, 07:54:21 PM »
Hey Ksand24,
Finally getting all my documents together. The mail can be SO slow. Couple questions have come up.
1. For additional passports, my US one is my only one but I've had it renewed, do I need to include the older passport? They should have the same passport number.

Every passport should have a different number - so your new one should have a new number.

You should include all passports you have held in the last 10 years.

2. When providing the text pages, I literally just have a column with our names and the date and time. Is that what they're looking for? We talk everyday so should I just pick a couple days a month or try and document the entire chat log?? See below.
Chris
Jun 22, 2018 10:01am
Alex
Jun 22, 2018 9:56am

It depends how long you have been communicating for as to how far apart they are. You want about 40-60 messages spread evenly over the time you have communicated... for 6 months that could be 2 a week, for 5 years it could be 1 a month.

3. Not a question but such a weird coincidence. You really helped one of my husband's friends, Justin, with his visa application! He applied back in 2017 from NYC and was approved. He specifically remembers your SN. Hopefully that's good luck for me eh? :-)

Oh, cool :). That is a coincidence :).

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2018, 08:19:14 PM »
Ugh ok, I need to find my old passport....
Also, surprise! They have a new online service to scan your documents that started October 31st. Yay??

Also, the VFS website says I should use the Premium center in Boston for a priority visa application, is this true? Before we had talked about NOT using that center.
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/premium-services/priority-visa-for-settlement

Spouse visa
Priority

Proposed Civil or Marriage??
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2018, 08:32:14 PM »
Ugh ok, I need to find my old passport....
Also, surprise! They have a new online service to scan your documents that started October 31st. Yay??

Right, okay - they’re changing things all the time, it seems - who knows what you’re supposed to do now!

Other people assumed the website was wrong and that they weren’t supposed to upload documents.

Also, the VFS website says I should use the Premium center in Boston for a priority visa application, is this true? Before we had talked about NOT using that center.
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/premium-services/priority-visa-for-settlement

No, you can’t attend a Premium Centre without purchasing the $1900 Premium Service.

What you need to select is the following option:
USA - Application Support Centre
which is the last one shown on that page.

That is the one for people who are using either priority processing or who are submitting non-priority instead of attending a Premium Centre, you book biometrics at a USCIS Application Support Centre and then mail your documents to the New York Scanning Hub.

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2018, 11:14:27 PM »
Is there any way to add photos?? The attachment link does nothing and I can’t copy anything into the text box....
Spouse visa
Priority

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2018, 11:32:45 PM »
Is there any way to add photos?? The attachment link does nothing and I can’t copy anything into the text box....

Add photos to what?

We don't know any more about how this works than you do at the moment, because all of this is brand new to all of us and no one else has done it yet.

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2018, 11:40:43 PM »
I’m sorry, I was referring to this forum.
No worries though. I’ll figure it out and let you know how it goes. 🙂
Spouse visa
Priority

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2018, 11:44:23 PM »
I’m sorry, I was referring to this forum.
No worries though. I’ll figure it out and let you know how it goes.

Oh, sorry - if you access the forum using the Tapatalk app, you can just upload a photo by tapping the photo button and selecting the photo you want.

In terms of attaching from the main website, I think you need a certain number of posts to have access to the Attachment button, but if you do have access to it you just click on the ‘Choose File’ button and upload a photo from your computer.

Alternatively, you can upload the photo to a photo-hosting website and then insert the image from the website URL.

Sponsored Links