Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: This makes me so mad.....NHS Service Charges for migrants are being DOUBLED  (Read 2631 times)

• Liked: 533
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 676

You are under EU rules so that  your adult US citizen daughter can be in the UK. You and your daughter must have CSIs as the EU's 2004 Directive says that "ecomically inacitve" EEA citizens must have a CSI for themselves and all their "Family Members" to be a "qualifed person" to have a "right to reside" in that EEA country. If you didn't have them, then your daughter would be an illegal overstayer in the UK. Unlike UK "visas", the EU's RCs can just become invalid as the end date on them means nothing.

Do you just like quoting that set of regulations, or what?  ;)  It's certainly not for my benefit - I have known for quite some time how it all works.  :)

My point IS, ~I wish I could just pay the NHS fee and not have to dick around with CSI for the Daughter and the taxes on my penion CSI. It would be much cheaper for me. ~ Who mandates it really doesn't figure into the equation. I have to pay what I have to pay, and the NHS surcharge would be cheaper.

Some people tired to use a UK EHIC as their CSI ;D They lost in court.

Some people are idiots. 8)

• Liked: 676
You do. But I have always found it is those that try to pay as little taxes as they can, that do the most complaining about lack of government funding.

There was a radio show the other week, where MPs were talking about the number of those using EU routes who go self employed/contract and therefore pay very little taxes to the UK, but still expect to use the NHS bill free for themselves and their children; send their children to state funded schools etc.

It's no wonder we are seeing the rise of the right wing parties in the popular EEA countries (for free movement) and some of those voting to end free movement to their country e.g Switzerland.

Ah, tuition.  ::)  It was £17,000 last year, out-of-our-collective-pocket, for the Daughter to go to the University. (sigh)  If I had a young child I don't think I'd send them to a state school here, from what I've seen of them. It'd be private school all the way.

I really can't see how someone could justify singling out small business owners for that kind of line. What about UK small business owners or contractors? I would assume they also don't pay a ton of tax unless they become successful. Yet they and their offspring use the NHS....

I suspect there's a lot more than that going on that's fueling the resurgance of the Nazi types. Tribal things, for one. After all, one cannot remain tribal in a global economy, really. And that requires a significant cultural shift that can certainly make persons who find security and identity in a specific culture feel threatened. Emotionally Threatened people tend to find all sorts of "logical" reasons to justify doing whatever they feel "right" to keep their cultural identity, thus their emotional identity, intact and safe. And they are dangerous as a viper. Especially en masse = lynch mobs, etc.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:33:04 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 1892
So what are you saying, that it won't matter if the EUs’ Free Movement is only be for those in their 20s, who will work full time and pay full taxes and NICs type 1 and won’t contract, will contribute to the UK and won’t claim welfare from the UK?  If you are, that is what the UK work visas are, which are vastly different to the EU “free movement”.  And how would being in their 20s help people like yourself, who used Free Movement much later in life?
I guess you missed the part where I said "tend to be".  And I wasn't talking about my personal situation.  I know it's tempting, but every thread doesn't have to be about me personally.

And who cares whether they contract or not?  I contract and I pay a significant amount in taxes every year.   I'll be transferring 4k to the VAT collector this afternoon.  Look up the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion.  I'm like the guy who uses coupons at Tesco to lower his grocery bill.  Facebook and Starbucks are the guys who shoplift and slip the security guard £10 to look the other way.

There is no doubt at all that it was the Labour party who privatised the NHS with these PFIs, because they were the ones who were in government when they were brought in.
Maybe you should check the Wipkepdia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_finance_initiative) where it says this:
In 1992 PFI was implemented for the first time in the UK by the Conservative government of John Major. It immediately proved controversial, and was attacked by the Labour Party while in opposition.   You either need to prove otherwise, or stop repeating that nonsense.

You know its immigrationboards.com. I can see your posts on there.

Is that the one?    I think I only posted there once and didn't get any useful information.  If it's where you got your information about PFI , I'd take the whole thing with a grain of salt.   If that's where you read about the vast conspiracy of foreigners to sneak into this country and steal "welfare", I'd take that with a really big grain of salt. 

We are all foreigners and immigrants, and none of us are here to take from the UK.  All of want to work, pay taxes and contribute to this society.  People who aren't on this board, even the poor and black ones, aren't any different.  Try to look at the good side of people and don't fall into the trap of fear and xenophopia.  You'll be happier.

• Liked: 30
Click on the link above.

Not sure what link you are referring to here.  Perhaps it's the opinion pieces and newspaper articles about PFI projects that you posted?  Building NHS hospitals through PFI projects may have been problematic financially but it is not privatising "vast areas" of the operations of NHS Scotland.

• Liked: 342
I'm like the guy who uses coupons at Tesco to lower his grocery bill.

If you have started a limited company, that is used as a tax dodge and you are one of these -

There was a radio show the other week, where MPs were talking about the number of those using EU routes who go self employed/contract and therefore pay very little taxes to the UK, but still expect to use the NHS bill free for themselves and their children; send their children to state funded schools etc.

Another trick when doing that, is asking the UK for welfare payments too. Child Benefit? Child Tax Credits? The EU says those using their Free Movement can have welfare payments from the UK, even though those on a UK visa cannot.

Those doing this won't be able to get the Child Tax Credit benefit and Housing Benefit replacement benefit,  because the UK are bringing in new laws to end this trick. 

Did you see vast numbers of illegals gaming the system to get free health care?   

Stop blaming these. They aren’t the problem.

I think I only posted there once and didn't get any useful information.

Or perhaps told you would have to pay the fee this time, instead of getting something for free again (paid for by those who pay fees to UKVI and those who do pay their taxes)? I couldnt see a way around you avoiding having to pay the full fee for one of your children.

It’s easy enough to check if you can’t remember as your post will be on the internet. Just go to the search engines and put in the name of that immigration site and your username, and your post and the replies should be on the first page.

People who aren't on this board, even the poor and black ones, aren't any different.  Try to look at the good side of people and don't fall into the trap of fear and xenophopia.  You'll be happier. Try to look at the good side of people and don't fall into the trap of fear and xenophopia.  You'll be happier.

I can see why there is anger from some using the EU's "Free Movement". How dare these EU countries bring in changes to stop the problem of some economic migrants doing what Merkel calls "using free movement for what they can get" (better welfare payments, cheaper or free healthcare). It’s DISGRACFUL these countries are doing that!!!! What WILL they think of next!!!!!?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 12:39:38 PM by Sirius »

This makes me so mad.....NHS Service Charges for migrants are being DOUBLED
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2018, 03:55:50 PM »
Sorry Sirius, I can't follow what you are trying to say with that last post.  Your sarcasm just doesn't make sense if your underlying arguments are faulty. 

I can assure you that I have a limited company because I run a consulting business, not as a tax dodge.   And I pay back every penny of child tax credit given to me.  And I pay plenty of taxes.  A few years back, my company paid more corporate tax to the UK than Facebook.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:27:50 PM by jimbocz »

And I pay back every penny of child tax credit given to me.  And I pay plenty of taxes.  A few years back, my company paid more corporate tax to the UK than Facebook.   

The welfare payment Child Tax Credits does not work like that. CTC is a low income welfare payment and is  money intended to help their children so that they do not live in poverty.  If you paid "plenty of taxes", then you would not be given Child Tax Credits because you would be  earning over the poverty cap for that income based welfare payment.

If you are asking for Chilld Tax Credits, that means you and your wife jointly earn less that about 35k per year between you. You and your wife have an 11k tax allowance each, which means that there is very little income tax being paid by you both.

If your joint income is low enough to be granted Child Tax Credits for your two children, then you will be asking for the welfare payment called Child Benefit too, because the cap for Child Benefit is much higher than the poverty cap for the benefit called Child Tax Credits.

Living in London on that very low joint salary and with two children, might mean the welfare state gives more money to help you pay rent, with extra money given to house the children.

Because of the 11k Income Tax Allowance for each parent, some welfare claimants are given  more in welfare payments, then they pay in income tax.

Child Tax Credits, Child Benefit, Working Tax Credits, Housing Benefit are all "public funds", something that those on UK "visas" are not allowed to have.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 07:34:52 PM by Sirius »

The welfare payment Child Tax Credits does not work like that. CTC is a low income welfare payment and is  money intended to help their children so that they do not live in poverty.  If you paid "plenty of taxes", then you would not be given Child Tax Credits because you would be  earning over the poverty cap for that income based welfare payment.

If you are asking for Chilld Tax Credits, that means you and your wife jointly earn less that about 35k per year between you. You and your wife have an 11k tax allowance each, which means that there is very little income tax being paid by you both.

If your joint income is low enough to be granted Child Tax Credits for your two children, then you will be asking for the welfare payment called Child Benefit too, because the cap for Child Benefit is much higher than the poverty cap for the benefit called Child Tax Credits.

Living in London on that very low joint salary and with two children, might mean the welfare state gives more money to help you pay rent, with extra money given to house the children.

Because of the 11k Income Tax Allowance for each parent, some welfare claimants are given  more in welfare payments, then they pay in income tax.

Child Tax Credits, Child Benefit, Working Tax Credits, Housing Benefit are all "public funds", something that those on UK "visas" are not allowed to have.
God, having a discussion with you is sooo tedious.  Did you read the part where I said I gave it back?  They make a payment to me every month (and no, I don't know the exact name, nor do I care), and when I do my taxes I pay it all back.  I don't know how to stop them paying it to me and I don't care enough to find out. Hint: don't tell me, IDGAF

I can't even keep track of what silliness you are accusing me of in your passive aggressive weirdness but this is losing interest for me.

God, having a discussion with you is sooo tedious.  Did you read the part where I said I gave it back?  They make a payment to me every month (and no, I don't know the exact name, nor do I care), and when I do my taxes I pay it all back. I don't know how to stop them paying it to me and I don't care enough to find out.

I know how the Tax Credits welfare payments work.

You have to claim welfare payments, they don't just hand them out. 

You and your wife needed to apply for the Tax Credits benefit again a few months ago (July?) for your Tax Credits payments to continue. If you didn't apply by that deadline, your benefits would have stopped.

Under the new welfare laws coming in, you and your wife will need to ask for benefits every month There are different rules and stricter requirements. Tax Credits will end and the replacement will be brought in line wirth other income based benefits e.g 16k cutoff including savings, shares, captial in property and land in the UK and abroad, that is not the primary residence etc

Any benefits will be based on your joint monthly income and you may have too much joint earnings that month to have any benefits.
You will not be able to reduce your tax liabilty to claim more welfare payments from the UK anymore under this system. You will have a minimum you must earn each month and even if you don't earn that much/have that much work that month,  your welfare payments will not increase that month as you will be expected to find any work to support your children instead of the taxpayers doing that.

Lots of other changes coming  in under the new welfare reform laws, for EEA citizens wanting UK benefits and to cancel out the European Court of Justice Rulings from cases brought be EEA citizens wanting UK benefits.

The welfare changes the UK has had to bring in, will mean the UK will no longer be the most generous EEA country for welfare payments for children.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:20:06 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 163
You and your wife needed to apply for the Tax Credits benefit again...

UKY should not allow this sort of personal attack. People post very sensitive information here, and not only related to their immigration issues, but also regarding their familial relationships, personal finances, employment, and a whole host of other topics. They do this because they feel comfortable and safe in the knowledge that their fellow forum members treat that information with the respect and discretion it deserves.

Except for Sirius. In this case and others Sirius has attacked UKY members she disagrees with using sensitive personal information they provided on unrelated posts. This must stop, otherwise people will stop using UKY for fear of being chastised using the very information legitimately required to get help here.

Put more simply, do we really want to sanction some a$$hole trolling through posts from years ago to find personal tax information to make a point with on a post about the fairness of NHS fees?

UKY should not allow this sort of personal attack. People post very sensitive information here, and not only related to their immigration issues, but also regarding their familial relationships, personal finances, employment, and a whole host of other topics. They do this because they feel comfortable and safe in the knowledge that their fellow forum members treat that information with the respect and discretion it deserves.

Except for Sirius. In this case and others Sirius has attacked UKY members she disagrees with using sensitive personal information they provided on unrelated posts. This must stop, otherwise people will stop using UKY for fear of being chastised using the very information legitimately required to get help here.

Put more simply, do we really want to sanction some a$$hole trolling through posts from years ago to find personal tax information to make a point with on a post about the fairness of NHS fees?

The strange thing is, people private mail me on here becasue they want to ask about benefits and don't want to put it on this forum for you to look at, which is quite worrying on a forum. On the welfare forums, people even put theiir wage details on so that pepole can advise them.

Jimbocz put this on the forum and said he didn't know how to stop his benefits. Perhaps his wife put their claim in this year? Or she handles all their benefit claims? The simple fact is, you can't have UK welfare payments unless you apply for them and meet the requirements. Nobody knows the real names of people.

I noticed you are quite happy for people to hurl personal insults and thank these posts. That doesn't bother me and I wouldn't normally bring that type of behaviour up, but it is double standards from you.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:51:18 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 163
I noticed you are quite happy for people to hurl personal insults and have thanked their posts.

Not only that, but I've insulted people, too.

That doesn't bother me, but it is double standards from you.

I'm not talking about insults; I don't have a problem with those. It's the attacks you make using sensitive information you get from digging through someone's old posts on unrelated topics that I think are wrong.

I'm not talking about insults; I don't have a problem with those.

I noticed that you thank the posts with personal insults. Not the nicest thing to do.

It's the attacks you make using sensitive information you get from digging through someone's old posts on unrelated topics that I think are wrong.

I don't go back through posts. Why do you think that?

I might go back through some of your posts though as I don't remember you at all, apart from seeing your thanks on the bitchy remarks posts.

Oh, you're a male. I shouldn't have gender judged.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:12:53 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 533
Digging through old posts is weird.

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links