Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: This makes me so mad.....NHS Service Charges for migrants are being DOUBLED  (Read 2616 times)

• Liked: 1891
This makes me so mad.....NHS Service Charges for migrants are being DOUBLED
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2018, 08:24:07 AM »
You guys are absolutely correct, I've had several people get in touch with me to say that they don't want to post here asking for advice because Sirius will either be condescending, insulting, or write it on her giant whiteboard for future reference. 

UK YANKEE mythology has it that she's already  been banned once.  Maybe she could remind us what that was for?

As for that latest reply, which guess is accusing me of being on benefits or having low income because I get child tax credits, I  don't care.  Considering that in the previous post I was supposedly a fat cat tax dodger, I must be one of those super-migrants who simultaneously comes over here just to claim welfare AND takes all the jobs from the locals.

She's done lots of things to me that not only should get her banned, but probably could see her in court like Katie Hopkins.  I just can't be arsed to give her that much of my time and occasionally it's fun to troll her.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 08:29:09 AM by jimbocz »

• Liked: 4985
Jimbo, from what I know of you - you are a super loving family man.  Work your ass off in a highly skilled job and probably pay enough in taxes to make most British-born citizens eyes water.  I, for one, am grateful that you and your family have decided to live in the UK

• Liked: 533
Jimbo, from what I know of you - you are a super loving family man.  Work your ass off in a highly skilled job and probably pay enough in taxes to make most British-born citizens eyes water.  I, for one, am grateful that you and your family have decided to live in the UK

Absolutely!

Though the last couple of times we have gone out to the pub, he was always in the bathroom when it was his round. Just saying.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Absolutely!

Though the last couple of times we have gone out to the pub, he was always in the bathroom when it was his round. Just saying.

That I believe!

• Liked: 768
You guys are absolutely correct, I've had several people get in touch with me to say that they don't want to post here asking for advice because Sirius will either be condescending, insulting, or write it on her giant whiteboard for future reference. 

UK YANKEE mythology has it that she's already  been banned once.  Maybe she could remind us what that was for?

As for that latest reply, which guess is accusing me of being on benefits or having low income because I get child tax credits, I  don't care.  Considering that in the previous post I was supposedly a fat cat tax dodger, I must be one of those super-migrants who simultaneously comes over here just to claim welfare AND takes all the jobs from the locals.

She's done lots of things to me that not only should get her banned, but probably could see her in court like Katie Hopkins.  I just can't be arsed to give her that much of my time and occasionally it's fun to troll her.
I caught Jimbo at work one day. Looks kinda dodgy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 12:14:23 PM by nctami72 »

• Liked: 1260

It's cool, I'm apparently a slumlord. We can be friends.

Agree with this completely.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1891
Thanks you guys, but that's enough cat pictures.

Thanks you guys, but that's enough cat pictures.

What was that?  I can't hear you!

• Liked: 6110

Think Jim said, he can never get enough cat pictures, do you have any more?  :)

• Liked: 424
Kitties, kitties EVERYWHERE!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 342

Well that has got me really curious. There are plenty of search fuctions that find posts on forums with a few key words, even if not a member and for post that are deleted. I'll  have a look later tonight.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:01:35 PM by Sirius »

It's cool, I'm apparently a slumlord.

I did tell you that landlords can’t decide how much (or all) of the tenant deposits they can keep as that was stopped in 2007, but that part of the Housing Law changes only affects those who are doing this.  Too many ex tenants raising a dispute against a landlord, would likely mean that landlord will not be allowed to take a deposit again, from any future tenant. That addition to the Housing laws also meant that changed the Section 21 too with many landlords who abused that process, finding their S21 was now invalid.

Prior to that law change in 2007, the forums were always full of the professional landlords encouraging a tenant to take their landlord to court if they unfairly kept thier deposit. Those tenants who had already seen how easy it was to take an ex landlord to court, also helped. Then the insurance companies brought out low cost policies that gave the tenants full legal fees cover to take a landlord to court/defend action against a landlord. All this clogged the courts and the law was changed to protect the tenants.

Landlords’ in England are required to know the law, not their Letting Agent. It’s the landlord that commits the offence and some have now been made a criminal offence. Scotland and Wales have their own laws for landlords.

Abuse always gets the laws changed and the Housing laws are not an exception. As usual when laws have to be brought in to end abuse from some, it often affects those who were not carrying out that abuse.

Look at the other thing we are talking about here. As the government said when they decided to launch the Welfare Reform Bills, there are many women who return to work when their child is age one and keep their own children, but these then have to pay for the children of the able bodied parents who abuse the Welfare System. A few years ago there were discussions on the internet on how to get around this part of the proposed welfare changes for the self employed, but that just enabled the government to shut that down too before it began and bring that in as part of the Welfare Reform Bill.

The Welfare Refomr Bill is now an Act and these reforms are now being rolled out across the country. This new law has been known for years because a Bill takes so long to go through Parliament and the Lords for their approval to make the Welfare Refrorm BIll an Act , so I had just assumed that everyone already knew this was changing and didn't realise it would be a shock.

The sad thing is that many of the changes that have had/having to be brought in due to abuse, for immigration too, were put there as safety nets for the genuine people, but instead have now had to be shut down.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:53:01 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 1260
I did tell you that landlords can’t decide how much (or all) of the tenant deposits they can keep as that was stopped in 2007, but that part of the Housing Law changes only affects those who are doing this.  Too many ex tenants raising a dispute against a landlord, would likely mean that landlord will not be allowed to take a deposit again, from any future tenant. That addition to the Housing laws also meant that changed the Section 21 too with many landlords who abused that process, finding their S21 was now invalid.

Prior to that law change in 2007, the forums were always full of the professional landlords encouraging a tenant to take their landlord to court if they unfairly kept thier deposit. Those tenants who had already seen how easy it was to take an ex landlord to court, also helped. Then the insurance companies brought out low cost policies that gave the tenants full legal fees cover to take a landlord to court/defend action against a landlord. All this clogged the courts and the law was changed to protect the tenants.

I'm not going to continue a dead argument that I have no real interest in furthering  but I will say, just for the record, that this was not what the argument was about (despite you repeating these facts to me. I got those facts. I understood those facts before you even mentioned them. And those facts were not what I was disputing).
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Thinking on, the Welfare Reforms might affect some using Free Movement anyway, even without a Brexit, as for the Welfare Reform Act brings in a minimum weekly wage required.

To be a EU  "Worker qualified person" or  "Self Employed qualified person" and therefore have a right to reside in another EEA country with all our Family Members, the work must be genuine and effective, The UK never had a minimum wage to use before and all the UK could use for the minimum to be earned each week for these, was the amount needed to earn to pay Class 1 NICs, about £160 a week. If the UK had used the then (present) welfare laws, that would have made the minimum earnings required for these, zero.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:10:57 PM by Sirius »

I'm not going to continue a dead argument that I have no real interest in furthering  but I will say, just for the record, that this was not what the argument was about (despite you repeating these facts to me. I got those facts. I understood those facts before you even mentioned them. And those facts were not what I was disputing).

All the changes that came in/coming in, are to stop the abuse that the slumlords are doing. Wales just using their devolved powers  to copy the stricter registration laws for landlords that Scotland has, rather than wait for the present government to bring in that change under the "laws for Engand and Wales".

I would expect a Labour UK government  to bring that in for England too, as they have already said they will bring in rent contols when they are back in as the UK government. Or the present government might bring that in to try to win votes for the next General election. Voters float between the two parties with just two party politics, voting for the party who have some of the policies they want.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:17:10 PM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab