Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Accommodation question  (Read 407 times)

• Liked: 10
Accommodation question
« on: October 11, 2018, 09:57:40 PM »
Hello!

Applying for a spouse visa and I will be using my husband's mother's house as accommodation (initially). I've printed the land registry document, but it has both his mother and father's names on it, as they are still co-owners. His parents are divorced and his father no longer lives in the house. I already have a letter of non-objection from his mother, do I need a letter from his father too??

Thank you!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Accommodation question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:03:17 AM »
Hello!

Applying for a spouse visa and I will be using my husband's mother's house as accommodation (initially). I've printed the land registry document, but it has both his mother and father's names on it, as they are still co-owners. His parents are divorced and his father no longer lives in the house. I already have a letter of non-objection from his mother, do I need a letter from his father too??

Thank you!

I would provide a letter from the father too just to cover all the bases. The one from the mother should be a letter of invitation rather than non-objection, it's just more of a positive perspective.  :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 08:29:53 AM »
The one from the mother should be a letter of invitation rather than non-objection, it's just more of a positive perspective.  :)

Yeah, that's a good point. It's a letter of invitation/permission to stay in their house, not one of non-objection.

A non-objection letter would normally come from an official landlord, where one half of the couple already legally rents the property, and the landlord is saying they have no objection to a second person residing there/being added to the tenancy.

The letter from the mother, in this case, though is much more of an invitation, saying that she is giving both of you permission to stay in the house with her for as long as you need to, and also stating that it won't be overcrowded with you all living there (she needs to state the number of bedrooms + living rooms, and the total number of people in the house).

The father's letter would probably be more of a non-objection letter though, because he no longer lives there and is simply saying he doesn't object to you living in the house that he part-owns.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 12:21:18 PM »
Thank you for the clarification! The letter from the mother is actually an invitation...I used the wrong term! Would you have a sample of the non-objection letter or could you give me an idea what it should say in this situation? Does it need to simply state that he is a co-homeowner and has no issue with me staying there? Or should it include the same details of the house and state that is doesn't violate the Overcrowding Act, etc.

The parents are still amicable...they just don't live together.

Thank you so much!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 12:24:25 PM by Cinderellen6816 »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 12:28:39 PM »
Thank you for the clarification! The letter from the mother is actually an invitation...I used the wrong term! Would you have a sample of the non-objection letter or could you give me an idea what it should say in this situation? Does it need to simply state that he is a co-homeowner and has no issue with me staying there? Or should it include the same details of the house and state that is doesn't violate the Overcrowding Act, etc.

The parents are still amicable...they just don't live together.

Thank you so much!!

There is no sample, because it’s not a letter that normally has to be written. Usually, both parents/owners would just sign the one invitation letter.

So, they could either do that - write a joint letter - or he could just write his own saying that he is the second owner of the house and that he’s happy for you to live there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 01:23:37 PM »
Thank you @ksand24  !!!

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 01:36:54 PM »
Here is what I've got, in case anyone else is interested...  also I listed each of their addresses and contact info in the beginning.

Dear Entry Clearance Officer,

We hereby confirm that we are the current co-owners of xxxxxxx. This property has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I (Angela) have lived in the property for 27 years. Currently, I (Angela) live here with my daughter.

We welcome our daughter-in-law (Ellen) to live in our house upon her arrival to the UK. There is plenty of room in the house, and her addition will not violate the Housing Overcrowding Act. Our son (Peter) travels often with the Army, so we would be delighted to provide Ellen with a proper home environment when she arrives.

If you need to contact us, please call (see above).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 01:40:08 PM by Cinderellen6816 »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 01:42:34 PM »
Instead of bathrooms, add how many reception rooms.  Looks great otherwise!

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 03:34:04 PM »
Instead of bathrooms, add how many reception rooms.  Looks great otherwise!

Oo wow good call, I had no idea!! Thank you!!

Sponsored Links