Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Solicitor recommendation  (Read 1205 times)

• Liked: 7
Solicitor recommendation
« on: October 13, 2018, 12:27:15 AM »
Hi all -

I am a US citizen who married a U.K. citizen this past summer and we are currently working on a spouse visa for me. However, his employment is a bit complicated (a split last year of self employment and director of a company) so we are looking for the help of a solicitor.

Do any of you have recommendations?
Preferably in the Brighton or London area as that would be closest to where my partner lives now.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 12:48:04 AM by ML123 »
Spouse Visa
Priority: Yes
Online submission: January 20th
Biometrics: January 24th
Package sent: January 26th
Package Recieved in NY: January 29th
Sheffield received application: March 1st
Email asking for additional documents: March 5
Decision made email: March 12th
Passport recieved:  March 15th (yes!!)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Solicitor recommendation
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 02:48:16 PM »
Doesn’t necessarily sound overly complicated, but if you would prefer a solicitor we recommend Victoria or Beth at Medivisas.

• Liked: 35
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 02:58:48 AM »
I’m basically applying the same way. We are working with my husbands accountant and then will have an immigration advisor look over everything prior to filing, though we are doing everything application wise ourselves. I’d like Medivisas to look over everything but my husband is pushing for someone local to us in Birmingham. I think Medivisas are London based and they seem reasonably priced and have a proven track record with this forum. Self employment/Limited Company is more complicated than a payroll situation but now that we’re in the process and have really gone over everything in the guidelines it seems somewhat straight forward. It is a load of documentation though. Lots of paperwork and everything has to match up perfectly which when split is a bit confusing. At least to me it is!
1st App Mailed: 03/14/18 STANDARD
Decision Made: 07/02/18(70 WD)
Decision: Denial
2nd App Mailed to NYC: 05/23/19 PRIORITY
Docs Arrived NYC: 05/28/19
Email to UKVI: 07/31/19
Email Recd to send Priority receipt: 08/02/19 (48 WD)
Visa Received: 08/09/19

• Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 08:57:11 AM »
When I applied for our original spouse visas, I used Immigration Advice Services. Their solicitors were very helpful and took care of everything as well as keeping us informed through the process.
Spouse Visa Approved: May 2016
Arrived in UK: June 2016

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 09:46:08 AM »
When I applied for our original spouse visas, I used Immigration Advice Services. Their solicitors were very helpful and took care of everything as well as keeping us informed through the process.

I'm sorry to say this but I had a quick look at their website just now and saw a lot of misinformation.  :-\\\\

• Liked: 6
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 04:58:56 PM »
Really? Wow, I guess they just aren't the same since I used them. I didn't bother to hire anyone for this go round of FLR (M), so it's been about 2.5 years since I've used them. Sorry!
Spouse Visa Approved: May 2016
Arrived in UK: June 2016

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 05:42:54 PM »
Really? Wow, I guess they just aren't the same since I used them. I didn't bother to hire anyone for this go round of FLR (M), so it's been about 2.5 years since I've used them. Sorry!

No problem.  :) Glad you're doing fine without now.  :)

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 09:07:38 AM »
Me))

I guess you are not allowed to advertise your own paid services here but I will advertise by blog and specifically DIY tips and videos page specifically for Americans applying for UK Spouse/partner  visas.

http://immigrationpolicy.org.uk/diy-tips

OC

You can, but it's highly unethical.  ::)

• Liked: 424
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 08:59:42 PM »
I can vouch for Olga Childs at World Without Boarders. I think she's still just outside of London (Bushey- at least she was in October 2017). She was really straight forward and literally a thousand pounds cheaper than everyone else. Everything went so smoothly, which is exactly what you need when the process is so scary and you really don't want to screw it up.

Good luck!
Well, unless you have a VERY complicated visa application there is absolutely no reason to pay anyone to do it when the people here can do it very well for FREE!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 07:57:01 AM »
I can vouch for Olga Childs at World Without Boarders. I think she's still just outside of London (Bushey- at least she was in October 2017). She was really straight forward and literally a thousand pounds cheaper than everyone else. Everything went so smoothly, which is exactly what you need when the process is so scary and you really don't want to screw it up.

Good luck!

<waves>  Hi Olga!  Nice to see you have created multiple accounts.  ;)

On the off chance that this is someone else, Olga's website is full of inaccurate information and she's posted plenty of inaccurate information.  If this is a real person (which I suspect it is not), then they were lucky that their visa was approved. 

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 08:01:24 AM »
Just so it is clear to everyone, the account who vouched for Olga was created 11 hours ago and only has one post.  That's what I would expect to see from a fake account.

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 05:53:37 AM »
I'm sorry to say this but I had a quick look at their website just now and saw a lot of misinformation.  :-\\\\

I wish I had saw this earlier - we ended up going with them for the last few weeks, but have been having a LOT of problems.
Spouse Visa

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 08:50:05 AM »
I wish I had saw this earlier - we ended up going with them for the last few weeks, but have been having a LOT of problems.

It’s never too late to use us instead.  Please also note the ONLY solicitors we recommend are Medivisas and zlaura Devine.  But neither are needed if you do not have serious criminal convictions or previous visa overstays.

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 09:02:25 AM »
It’s never too late to use us instead.  Please also note the ONLY solicitors we recommend are Medivisas and zlaura Devine.  But neither are needed if you do not have serious criminal convictions or previous visa overstays.

Thanks for the reply! I was tempted to do it myself but the reason we did it is my spouse’s income is a bit complicated: for the last tax year he was self-employed for the first half and then converted it to a company - so we have both sets of paperwork to gather and show the entire years worth of income.

Is that something you think I could do on my own (and with the help of everyone here!)?
Spouse Visa

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 09:04:48 AM »
Of course.  Which is what I said in the very first reply on this thread.   :)

We know what we can and can’t help with, if at any time we are in over our heads, we will tell you and provide REPUTABLE solicitors to use.   :D

Sponsored Links