Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) Application Questions  (Read 341 times)

• Liked: 6
FLR (M) Application Questions
« on: October 15, 2018, 08:36:39 AM »
I am filling out my form as I'm due to send it off in the beginning of Novemeber. I have run into a couple questions as I'm filling it out for myself with a dependent.

First question, 2.2: Have I applied for a visa in this category before? Do I tick yes, accounting for my original visa which was as a spouse? I've never applied for FLR before, just the original, so I thought I'd double check.

Second question pertains to section 9. First question they ask is if I have been issued a BRP with a previous FLR application... well, no. However, I was issued one with my orginal visa, so do I tick yes?

Same section, question 9.17 asks if my dependent is 16 or older. She just turned 16. It then has me skip right to the declaration without filling out details for her BRP. Do I need to do anything else, or just include her BRP card with the rest of the documents?

Last question: In one place it asks about a reference number from the home office? Is this something I should have, and if so, where do I find it?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Spouse Visa Approved: May 2016
Arrived in UK: June 2016

Re: FLR (M) Application Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 12:15:14 PM »
Just giving this a bump again. If anyone can help me, it would be really appreciated. I have to have my application off by 15/11/2018 so I can really use any help here.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 01:39:05 PM »
Sorry, didn’t realise no one had replied.

First question, 2.2: Have I applied for a visa in this category before? Do I tick yes, accounting for my original visa which was as a spouse? I've never applied for FLR before, just the original, so I thought I'd double check.

The answer is Yes, because your first visa was also a settlement visa.

Then for the next question you tick the first box, as it’s your first application for FLR(M).

So, second visa in this category, but first application for leave to remain.

Second question pertains to section 9. First question they ask is if I have been issued a BRP with a previous FLR application... well, no. However, I was issued one with my orginal visa, so do I tick yes?

It’s asking about a previous application for LEAVE (I.e. a previous visa in any category), not a previous FLR(M) application, so you answer yes and give your BRP details.

Your original visa was an application for LEAVE to enter, while this one is an application for LEAVE to remain.

Same section, question 9.17 asks if my dependent is 16 or older. She just turned 16. It then has me skip right to the declaration without filling out details for her BRP. Do I need to do anything else, or just include her BRP card with the rest of the documents?

You don’t need to do anything else, but you will need to include:
- her passport
- her BRP
- her birth certificate
- a letter dated in the last 3 months that shows her address

This is per the document requirements listed on page 64.

Last question: In one place it asks about a reference number from the home office? Is this something I should have, and if so, where do I find it?

You won’t have one, so just leave it blank.

Normally you only get a reference number if you have made a previous application in the U.K. or have had a visa refusal/appeal in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
Excellent! Thank you so much KSand! I'll be posting a final checklist in a few days so I can make sure I have everything I need. This has been super helpful!  ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab