Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Plotting and planning for FLR(M)  (Read 362 times)

• Liked: 424
Plotting and planning for FLR(M)
« on: October 17, 2018, 04:25:02 PM »
So I’m looking ahead and want all my ducks 🦆 in a row. I can apply 28 days before I reach 30 months in the UK right? I arrived on March 24 2017.
We have everything switched to paper billing, but is it acceptable to have it coming to Mr. R. L. Stephens? It’s tough to get some of them to use full names!
We can cover the income and accommodation requirements.
We will apply by mail most likely, and I’m aware of the IHS fees doubling. So as it stands currently, what are the total costs we need to be prepared for?

All of this has been posted on the forum, but I’ll be darned if I can locate it all at the moment!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
Re: Plotting and planning for FLR(M)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 04:51:57 PM »
So I’m looking ahead and want all my ducks 🦆 in a row. I can apply 28 days before I reach 30 months in the UK right? I arrived on March 24 2017.

Yes, that's right.

If you arrived on March 24 2017, you will reach 30 months on September 24th 2019... so you can apply any time from August 27th 2019 up to the expiry date of your visa.

We have everything switched to paper billing, but is it acceptable to have it coming to Mr. R. L. Stephens? It’s tough to get some of them to use full names!

Yep, that's fine. They won't expect you to have full names on the documents.

We will apply by mail most likely, and I’m aware of the IHS fees doubling. So as it stands currently, what are the total costs we need to be prepared for?

- Current visa fee for FLR(M) is £1,033... but this is likely to rise in April 2019. It is approved to rise as high as £3,250 by 2019/2020, but given that it's only £1,033 at the moment, I'm not sure it'll go that high.

- The IHS surcharge is currently £500 but will presumably be £1,000 after December

That's about it if you apply by post.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 04:58:14 PM »
As always, thank you ksand. You M’lady are a wonderful person, always quick to help everyone here even when you are far far away. If you ever get up this way, please allow my wife and I to buy you a fine meal and a few good drinks?

• Banned

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 10:06:16 PM »
We can cover the income and accommodation requirements.

All of this has been posted on the forum, but I’ll be darned if I can locate it all at the moment!

You don't have to wait 30 months. Just consider that you will get 30 months leave again, and you need full 5 years for ILR. So anything less than 30 months before 24 March 2017 is fine.

Disclaimer: I am a Level 3 OISC advisor and so my opinions are informed by knowledge of the law and years of practice. Yet, no opinion given without detailed review of an individual case should be taken or treated as competent legal advice.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 10:13:05 PM »
You don't have to wait 30 months. Just consider that you will get 30 months leave again, and you need full 5 years for ILR. So anything less than 30 months before 24 March 2017 is fine.

Disclaimer: I am a Level 3 OISC advisor and so my opinions are informed by knowledge of the law and years of practice. Yet, no opinion given without detailed review of an individual case should be taken or treated as competent legal advice.

Sorry, how does that calculation work?

You need 60 months in the U.K. to qualify for ILR (and can apply up to 28 days before reaching 60 months)... that’s 30 months on the spousal visa and 30 months on FLR(M).

The spousal visa is valid for 33 months to give up to 3 months and 28 days leeway to apply for FLR(M), but you still need to wait 30 months before applying.

If you apply for FLR(M) more than 28 days before 30 months, then the 30 months given on the FLR(M) may run out before you can qualify for ILR... which would mean applying for an extra FLR(M) to bridge the gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 08:48:39 AM »

I don’t know who you are, but I can tell you that I don’t want or need your advice. I trust the people on here completely and you show up all over the forum putting your 2p worth in. Thanks, but NO THANKS!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 06:32:22 PM »
Moderator: This topic is currently locked.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links