Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancé visa checklist + more!  (Read 2786 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: Fiancé visa checklist + more!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 03:58:36 PM »
I hope you all can understand how it can be confusing for us to do this as we are first timers....but thank you very much for your advices! They are all very much appreciated!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 04:02:07 PM »
I just wondered because it seems we always have to provide original papers and just having it downloaded seemed not good enough...

It's a good question to ask! Always check if you're not sure.  :)

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 11:22:31 AM »
Hi all! :)

We are in the process of getting the employer letter and I'd like some confirmation on the following points that needs to be explained in the letter. Remember we are going for the fiance visa route :)

- length of employment (i.e date started at the company etc)
- type of employment (i.e full or part-time, permanent or temporary)
- employment position and current gross annual salary (also make sure to explain about latest salary raise - how much, date of raise and length of time earning current salary)
- period over were paid old gross annual salary and length of time earning it.
- list of each payslip included in the application (needs to be clear about the authenticity of the payslips since they are printed and not “original”!!!!), including pre-tax amount, dates each one covers, date of payslips and date the money was deposited into your account.

Is that everything that we need on the letter? We would be combining the employer's + payslips letter as he gets it electronically.

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 12:10:30 PM »
Hi all! My fiance has been talking to HR and we have a draft for the employers letter. Can someone comment on it? Thank you :) He is coming down in a weeks time, soon after he gets the November pay, which we hope it's the last payslip we need. We will be applying in just over a week. Please let us know if we need to elaborate on something else :) Ah we are doing the fiance route in case you all don't recall :)

We will be printing the payslips because they are eletronic and having the bank print the same months next Friday when he gets his last pay.

To Whom It May Concern,

Re: xxxxxx

I can confirm that xxxxx has been employed permanently by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, in the capacity of xxxxxx since 2nd January 2017. When xxxxxx joined the company he received £4x,xxx per annum. His current salary is £5x,xxx per annum effective 1st September 2018.

I can also confirm that the payslips and P60 provided with this application are authentic and correct, as follows:

May 2018 – Basic pre-tax monthly salary of £3xxx.xx paid into bank account on 31/05/2018
June 2018 – Basic pre-tax monthly salary of £3xxx.xx paid into bank account on 29/06/2018
July 2018 – Basic pre-tax monthly salary of £3xxx.xx paid into bank account on 31/07/2018
August 2018 – Basic pre-tax monthly salary of £3xxx.xx paid into bank account on 31/08/2018
September 2018 – Basic pre-tax monthly salary of £4xxx.xx paid into bank account on 28/09/2018
October 2018 – Basic pre-tax monthly salary of £4xxx.xx paid into bank account on 31/10/2018
November 2018 – Basic pre-tax monthly salary of £4xxx.xx paid into bank account on 30/11/2018

Please note that this information is given without legal responsibility on the part of either the firm or the undersigned.

Yours Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2018, 12:30:10 PM »
Looks good to me :).

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2018, 10:56:26 AM »
Looks good to me :).

Thank you so much! We are finally seeing an end to all of this and can't wait to apply next week!

There is one thing we are still struggling to put together....and that is out whatsapp chat log (in .txt)! We have almost 6 years of relationship chats and can't quite understand how to organise it so the officers can see we've been in close contact!
Do you have any tips on how we can show this evidence? How much do we need from each year (2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018)? And how frequent is enough to show we have been in close contact? 1-2 a month? Weekly? Daily? P.s: we chat every day pretty much every other hour when we have a break from work/university.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 11:01:07 AM »
Just promise you won't book ANYTHING for the wedding until you have your visa in hand.  Or have very very good wedding insurance.

We've had far too many members miss their own weddings when visas have taken longer than anticipated.   :-\\\\

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »
There is one thing we are still struggling to put together....and that is out whatsapp chat log (in .txt)! We have almost 6 years of relationship chats and can't quite understand how to organise it so the officers can see we've been in close contact!
Do you have any tips on how we can show this evidence? How much do we need from each year (2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018)? And how frequent is enough to show we have been in close contact? 1-2 a month? Weekly? Daily? P.s: we chat every day pretty much every other hour when we have a break from work/university.

Okay, so you only want about 2-3 pages of messages in total (about 60-80 messages).

So, for 6 years' worth of contact, I would go with 1 message per month, giving 72 messages in total.

Ideally, I would not use a text file if you can help it. Instead, I would scroll back through the messages on your phone and take a screenshot of one per month, making sure the name is shown at the top of the screenshot. Then paste each screenshot into word and crop out everything except the name, date and time of the message. You should be able to get about 20-30 messages (2 years' worth) on one page.

Here's an example of 2 years worth of messages (1 per month) that I posted a few months ago (though the names aren't at the top, so you would need to include those too):

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2018, 11:18:44 AM »
Just promise you won't book ANYTHING for the wedding until you have your visa in hand.  Or have very very good wedding insurance.

We've had far too many members miss their own weddings when visas have taken longer than anticipated.   :-\\\\

We have made wedding plans for May 2019, so hopefully by applying now in December we can have something soon! We will also be applying with the priority service so let's hope that works out!

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2018, 11:21:45 AM »
Okay, so you only want about 2-3 pages of messages in total (about 60-80 messages).

So, for 6 years' worth of contact, I would go with 1 message per month, giving 72 messages in total.

Ideally, I would not use a text file if you can help it. Instead, I would scroll back through the messages on your phone and take a screenshot of one per month, making sure the name is shown at the top of the screenshot. Then paste each screenshot into word and crop out everything except the name, date and time of the message. You should be able to get about 20-30 messages (2 years' worth) on one page.

Here's an example of 2 years worth of messages (1 per month) that I posted a few months ago (though the names aren't at the top, so you would need to include those too):

I'm not so sure we can scroll back 6 years worth of messages on What'sapp because we've changes phones and ended up loosing some things along the way, but we always made sure to back up it in txt. We can probably scroll back the last 2 years. So would we still be OK by sending bits of the .txt file? I mean we didn't think of all of this back in the day so ...

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 11:27:34 AM »
I'm not so sure we can scroll back 6 years worth of messages on What'sapp because we've changes phones and ended up loosing some things along the way, but we always made sure to back up it in txt. We can probably scroll back the last 2 years. So would we still be OK by sending bits of the .txt file? I mean we didn't think of all of this back in the day so ...

Yeah, if you don't have access to all the messages anymore, messages from text file are fine.

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 11:28:53 AM »
Also if we scroll back 1-2 years of chats on whatsapp that would be from my fiances phone because I had mine stolen in Barcelona this summer and didn't manage to back everything up. So I really only have the last 4-5 months of chats on my whatsapp.

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 11:31:21 AM »
Also if we scroll back 1-2 years of chats on whatsapp that would be from my fiances phone because I had mine stolen in Barcelona this summer and didn't manage to back everything up. So I really only have the last 4-5 months of chats on my whatsapp.

That's fine - just use the messages from your fiance's phone, as well as the ones from yours.

Remember you're showing communication between you, so the messages can come from both sides.

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2018, 11:42:39 AM »
That's fine - just use the messages from your fiance's phone, as well as the ones from yours.

Remember you're showing communication between you, so the messages can come from both sides.

Many thanks!

Also it seems we can't get video logs coming back to 2013 on Skype. It seems we only have the last couple of months there. And since we recently started using Discord video chat (better quality) we can only get screenshots of calls from the last 4 or so months. Is it going to hurt our application if we don't have that much video chat evidence compared to out whatsapp evidence? Whatsapp has been our primary way of communicating every day.

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2018, 11:48:50 AM »
Many thanks!

Also it seems we can't get video logs coming back to 2013 on Skype. It seems we only have the last couple of months there. And since we recently started using Discord video chat (better quality) we can only get screenshots of calls from the last 4 or so months. Is it going to hurt our application if we don't have that much video chat evidence compared to out whatsapp evidence? Whatsapp has been our primary way of communicating every day.

The only thing that matters is that you can cover the whole length of the relationship with one form of communication or another. If you don't have video call logs, that's fine, as long as you can cover that period with WhatsApp (or emails, or trips to see each other) instead.

Sponsored Links