Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancé visa checklist + more!  (Read 2783 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: Fiancé visa checklist + more!
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2018, 03:13:41 PM »
Hello everyone :)

We can't find the first 2 flights booking we took to see each other in the UK and Brazil back in 2013/2014. Would that be a problem? Should we write some sort of cover letter explaining why are we missing it?

We do have messages from those years and photos.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2018, 03:19:05 PM »
Hello everyone :)

We can't find the first 2 flights booking we took to see each other in the UK and Brazil back in 2013/2014. Would that be a problem? Should we write some sort of cover letter explaining why are we missing it?

We do have messages from those years and photos.

No, it's fine. Just send the flight tickets you do have, along with the messages from that time. After all, you can't send what you don't have.

You don't need to send photos of trips though.

You just need 1 photo of you together, 2 maximum, just to show you have met at least 1 time in person (which is a requirement). I normally suggest sending 1 photo from the beginning of the relationship and 1 recent photo.

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2018, 05:53:23 PM »
Many thanks!

We are now filling out the online form and we don't know what to do.

There's a section called "family details" starting off with Spouse/Partner details (which is fine we filled my fiance's details) but then soon after it asks for "Mother" and "Father" details. Are we supposed to fill this with details from my future in-laws or my parents?

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »
Many thanks!

We are now filling out the online form and we don't know what to do.

There's a section called "family details" starting off with Spouse/Partner details (which is fine we filled my fiance's details) but then soon after it asks for "Mother" and "Father" details. Are we supposed to fill this with details from my future in-laws or my parents?

Nope, it's YOUR parents' details they want... because the online application is all about you :).  It's just a badly-designed application form.

They ask for your parents' information to make sure you don't already have claim to UK citizenship through descent.

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2018, 06:01:26 PM »
Oh interesting. I just found it odd because neither of my parents have passports and my dad is deceased....So I just fill out where they were born and date of birth?

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2018, 06:10:26 PM »
Oh interesting. I just found it odd because neither of my parents have passports and my dad is deceased....So I just fill out where they were born and date of birth?

You can only put down the information you have available to you, so just fill out what you can.

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2018, 11:58:09 AM »
Thank you so much!

We have applied! It was annoying to have to list all of my travels in the past 10 years because I traveled a lot but other than that it seems OK.
Paid on the Visa4UK website for the visa and also registered within VFS but our payment didn't go through and we got a notification from them saying we can pay for the priority service at the time of my biometric appointment which is scheduled for next Thursday!

Let's hope it all goes smooth from now on!

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2018, 09:40:01 PM »
Actually we ended up forgetting about filling on the online form about two stamps that I got in and out of Portugal because I was in transit. At the time many years ago I wasn't sure and ended up going through immigration and back again.

Will that be a problem? Should we write something about it and add to the documents?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2018, 09:42:21 PM »
Actually we ended up forgetting about filling on the online form about two stamps that I got in and out of Portugal because I was in transit. At the time many years ago I wasn't sure and ended up going through immigration and back again.

Will that be a problem? Should we write something about it and add to the documents?

It won't be a problem but it's probably best to explain it briefly, otherwise you'll spend the whole time worrying that you didn't!  :)

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2018, 09:47:08 PM »
It won't be a problem but it's probably best to explain it briefly, otherwise you'll spend the whole time worrying that you didn't!  :)

Yeah at first I thought it might not be a problem but since refusals happen I thought about asking. I guess the only passport I'm handing in is my current one? Should I leave my old one behind?

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2018, 09:53:34 PM »
Yeah at first I thought it might not be a problem but since refusals happen I thought about asking. I guess the only passport I'm handing in is my current one? Should I leave my old one behind?

That wouldn't cause a refusal but don't underestimate how much you will second guess your application once it is out of your hands. Just don't want you to worry!
Do you mean at the biometrics appointment? You only need the current one for that.

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2018, 09:58:10 PM »
That wouldn't cause a refusal but don't underestimate how much you will second guess your application once it is out of your hands. Just don't want you to worry!
Do you mean at the biometrics appointment? You only need the current one for that.

Yes at the bio appointment. And maybe for them to check my past travel history to the UK and elsewhere? Because half of my travels are in my old passport but I guess they can check it via the number I provided on the online application?

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2018, 10:00:42 PM »
Yes at the bio appointment. And maybe for them to check my past travel history to the UK and elsewhere? Because half of my travels are in my old passport but I guess they can check it via the number I provided on the online application?

You need to provide all the applicants passports with your application but if you are not using the $1,900 priority service and it's just a regular biometrics appointment, you only need your current passport at that point.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:34:14 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2018, 10:11:33 PM »
You need to provide all the applicants passports with your application but if you are not using the £1,900 priority service and it's just a regular biometrics appointment, you only need your current passport at that point.

Right I see.

The thing is that the priority service isn't £1900....on VFS they charged much less. I believe the entire application with the added priority service came to about £1900.

It seems in Brazil you hand in all your docs for them to scan. I guess I will take my old passport too then!

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2018, 10:26:03 PM »
Right I see.

The thing is that the priority service isn't £1900....on VFS they charged much less. I believe the entire application with the added priority service came to about £1900.

No, it's not £1900... that's just a typo in the post above. It should have said $1900 US.

Everything is charged in local currency, so in the US, priority service is $793 and in Brazil it's BRL 2,464

The $1900 service is the Premium Settlement Service offered in the US where you can submit the documents and biometrics in person instead of attending biometrics at a US immigration office and then mailing the documents. This does not seem to be an service offered in Brazil, because you already hand your documents over in person when you give biometrics.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:28:42 PM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links