Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancé visa checklist + more!  (Read 2759 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Fiancé visa checklist + more!
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2018, 10:33:32 PM »
No, it's not £1900... that's just a typo in the post above. It should have said $1900 US.

Everything is charged in local currency, so in the US, priority service is $793 and in Brazil it's BRL 2,464

The $1900 service is the Premium Settlement Service offered in the US where you can submit the documents and biometrics in person instead of attending biometrics at a US immigration office and then mailing the documents. This does not seem to be an service offered in Brazil, because you already hand your documents over in person when you give biometrics.

Thanks, I'll edit my post.  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2018, 10:36:29 PM »
Right I see.

The thing is that the priority service isn't £1900....on VFS they charged much less. I believe the entire application with the added priority service came to about £1900.

It seems in Brazil you hand in all your docs for them to scan. I guess I will take my old passport too then!

Sorry, I forgot you were applying from Brazil.  :) But just to clarify, in the US there are 2 levels of priority service, the more expensive of which is $1,900.

• Liked: 5
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2018, 10:41:55 PM »
No, it's not £1900... that's just a typo in the post above. It should have said $1900 US.

Everything is charged in local currency, so in the US, priority service is $793 and in Brazil it's BRL 2,464

The $1900 service is the Premium Settlement Service offered in the US where you can submit the documents and biometrics in person instead of attending biometrics at a US immigration office and then mailing the documents. This does not seem to be an service offered in Brazil, because you already hand your documents over in person when you give biometrics.

We ended up getting the wrong priority service. We just checked again and tried to purchase the right one but it doesn't even show on the list when we try to buy new services...is that a website glitch? We can't see a phone number on the website to call and ask stuff.

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2018, 10:47:30 PM »
On the website there's also two levels of priority services but it seems the cheaper one (that we got) is direct to students?

Thankfully they didn't accept our payment online and asked to finalize payment on the day of my biometric appointment. I guess we can go there and ask to change to the real priority service?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2018, 10:58:02 PM »
Looks like the one you purchased is a service offered by VFS Global, whereas the settlement priority service is offered by UKVI themselves.

I haven’t heard of the student priority one before - it must be specific to Brazil.

The priority service you want is this one:
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/br/en/premium-services/priority-visa-for-settlement

I’m not sure how it works for paying in Brazil or being able to switch to the correct priority service at the appointment, because in the US you have to purchase priority before you mail your documents or attend a premium appointment, so it’s not possible to pay in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2018, 11:06:13 PM »
Yeah that's the one we need.

Is there a phone number so we can call them and figure this out? Because we can't add the right priority service on the website.

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2018, 11:11:33 PM »
Yeah that's the one we need.

Is there a phone number so we can call them and figure this out? Because we can't add the right priority service on the website.

I don’t think there’s a phone number... all they have on the site are links to provide feedback or escalate a complaint:
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/br/en/customer-experience

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2018, 11:16:16 PM »
I don’t think there’s a phone number... all they have on the site are links to provide feedback or escalate a complaint:
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/br/en/customer-experience

Yeah. Ops :/

I have just made a complaint through that feedback link....I hope I get something back soon because my appointment is in 4 days.

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2018, 07:22:48 PM »
Having some doubts about this question in the Appendix 2 form:

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the same amount, as detailed in 3.11 above, continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)

Sponsor had a pay rise 3 months ago, so technically it seems like we should answer no to the question. But the the following question is:
3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK, in the 12 months prior to the date of the application? (Category B)
This one is also a No for us as it was just a pay rise with the same employer.

We don't seem to fit into either category, so we're unsure what to put. Can anyone provide some guidance on what to answer for these questions. We've prepared 7 months of payslips and bank statements.

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2018, 07:45:04 PM »
As long as he has been with the same employer for at least 6 months AND earning at least £18,600 per year BEFORE the payrise, you answer YES to 3.12 and apply under Category A, providing 6 months of payslips and bank statements.

What will happen is that they will take his LOWEST payslip from the last 6 months and multiply it by 12 to get the annual income that can count for the visa... as long as this payslip is at least £1,550 before tax, you will meet the requirement under Category A.

You would only answer NO if his previous salary was LESS THAN £18,600 and you have to use Category B to meet the financial requirement (using 12 months of income).

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2018, 08:18:33 PM »
Thank you very much! That explains it very clearly for us!

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2018, 01:16:08 PM »
Thought I would let everyone updated!
Had my biometric appointment today and I was able to change it at the centre for the right priority service!

Let's hope it all goes smooth and that I can have a decision made within 4-5 weeks!

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2018, 12:55:47 PM »
Hi all,

So as you all know, I had my biometric appointment as well as the scan of my supporting documents on December 13th. At the VFS center they told me I would get at least two e-mails, one at the start and one at the end of the process. I have not yet received an e-mail (to hear our case was assigned to someone etc) and I was wondering if it's "normal" to not get update e-mails.

If it's not normal then what can I do to get some sort of information?

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2018, 01:39:08 PM »
Hi all,

So as you all know, I had my biometric appointment as well as the scan of my supporting documents on December 13th. At the VFS center they told me I would get at least two e-mails, one at the start and one at the end of the process. I have not yet received an e-mail (to hear our case was assigned to someone etc) and I was wondering if it's "normal" to not get update e-mails.

If it's not normal then what can I do to get some sort of information?

It's normal.

It's generally been taking about 2-3 weeks to receive the first email, though it could be slower because of Christmas. This email comes from Sheffield, acknowledging that they have received your scanned documents.

Then you'll get the second email when the application has been decided and is being issued - generally at about 20-30 working days.

Please ignore this advice as it may not apply to applications from Brazil.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 02:48:09 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2018, 01:52:50 PM »
Then you'll get the second email when the application has been decided and is being issued - generally at about 20-30 working days.
Ah thanks!

Counting from the first e-mail or from the date of my biometric?

Kind of meh to have to wait 2-3 weeks for the first e-mail and only then have our application assigned to someone! Loosing so much time :/

Sponsored Links