Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancé visa checklist + more!  (Read 2789 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: Fiancé visa checklist + more!
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2018, 03:30:45 PM »
EEA family permits are for people applying under EU rules, not UK rules.  So unfortunately a totally different ball game.

Yeah different stuff but it gives a bit of hope. (Just a little bit anyway)

I guess we will have to forget about this application, enjoy the holidays and then one day in the New Year we will get a decision!

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2018, 03:32:18 PM »
You are not applying for an EEA Family Permit though, so that timeline does not apply to your application in any way.  EEA Family Permits do not come under UK immigration rules (they are for family members of EEA citizens living in the UK and are not visas, they are free of charge and are just a confirmation of their right to live and work in the UK)

- EEA Family permits and points-based visas have a target processing time of 15 working days and are usually processed in about 5-10 working days.

- Settlement visas (fiance and spousal visas) have a target processing time of 12 weeks and are usually processed in 30-60 working days.
Yup, I knew about the difference but I guess our minds just look for whatever date that sounds promising to apply to us as well. I know that is not our case. Just have to forget about it and wait for the New Year for hopefully something good!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2018, 04:08:36 PM »
I guess we will have to forget about this application, enjoy the holidays and then one day in the New Year we will get a decision!

This is the best approach! Enjoy your Christmas!  :)

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2019, 12:19:57 PM »
Hey guys thought I'd check back in with a question.

When I went for my biometric appointment VFS asked If I wanted to make copies of both of my passports (old and current) to send with my application. I said yes and I thought they had copied them. Turns out I was just looking at the documents again and they only copied pages of my old passport and not my current one. I also had included my fiances UK passport certified bio page. VFS kept my current passport too.

Is it going to be a problem? If it's a problem, how can we fix it?
We are confident we meet all requirements too.

I'm going a bit mad now.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 12:42:23 PM by Cubomagico007 »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2019, 12:44:19 PM »
As they have your current passport, you are good to go.  That's the one they need to put the visa vignette into.  :)

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2019, 12:47:14 PM »
As they have your current passport, you are good to go.  That's the one they need to put the visa vignette into.  :)

I was going a bit mad because just now I thought I had to send copies of both my passports with the application?

So if VFS kept it but I don't have a copy of it with my application that was sent to UKVI I'm good?

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2019, 01:38:14 PM »
UPDATE: Received my first e-mail  and they have started to look into my application! Fingers crossed now !

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2019, 05:34:17 PM »
Hi guys!

Thought I'd let you all know we got APPROVED!

It took a total of 7 weeks from date of bio appointment to receive my passport back with the approval!

So now you all have some stats for any other Brazil-UK fiancé visa!

Thank you all sooooo much!

P.s: Do I really have a month to get in the UK? Mine says it's valid until July...

• Liked: 24
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2019, 05:36:31 PM »
Congrats!!  :D
Fiancee application approved: 10 Jun 2019
Arrived in UK:  2 Jul 2019
FLR#1 application submitted:  11 Sep 2019
Biometrics:  17 Sep 2019

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2019, 07:01:59 PM »
Congratulations :D!

As yours is a fiancé visa, your vignette is valid for 6 months and you can enter the UK at any time during the 6 months as long as you have time to marry and apply for FLR(M) before it expires in July.

If you were already married and had applied for a spousal visa it would have been issued as a 30-day vignette and a 33-month BRP card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab