Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Timeline + FLR(M) application questions - KSand24, Larrabee and KFD  (Read 496 times)

• Liked: 404
Dear KSand24, Larrabee and KFDancer,

I hope you are well..... I am slightly in awe of your endless dedication to this site... you are amazing.
So I've been through the posts. I can't see a timeline continuation that we started in 2017 when processing was running at about 58BD, I presume this is because the timelines have diminished and/or stabilised?

My two questions are:
1) My (British) brother is submitting his application in Paris for a spouse vIsa for his Canadian wife - what is the timeline / BD count for processing?
2) how long before my wifes FLR(M) application should I start working on it (I collate all docs perpetually).

All the best,
Matt
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

• Liked: 3595
Welcome back :).

Dear KSand24, Larrabee and KFDancer,

I hope you are well..... I am slightly in awe of your endless dedication to this site... you are amazing.
So I've been through the posts. I can't see a timeline continuation that we started in 2017 when processing was running at about 58BD, I presume this is because the timelines have diminished and/or stabilised?

We're using these threads for processing times:
Priority: https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=92042.4100
Non-Priority: https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=90536.4050

Currently priority from the US is around 20-30 business days, and non-priority around 60 business days.

My two questions are:
1) My (British) brother is submitting his application in Paris for a spouse vIsa for his Canadian wife - what is the timeline / BD count for processing?

I don't think we have any data for Paris, because the current published processing times for the Paris office do not include settlement visas, and you can only select Visit visas, Points-Based visas and 'Other non-settlement visas'.

You might find some information about Paris processing times on one of the other immigration forums, as they usually have people from a number of different countries posting on them.

2) how long before my wifes FLR(M) application should I start working on it (I collate all docs perpetually).

You'll need updated financial and accommodation documents, which you won't be able to get until nearer the time... i.e. 6 months of payslips/bank statements.

So the only thing you can really do at the moment, which you should have been doing since you arrived anyway, is make sure you have your names on as much mail as possible, turn off ALL paperless billing, and save ALL your mail, ready for the correspondence for the relationship requirement.

• Liked: 6110
Hi mbmoffat!  :)

You'll find your FLR much easier to prepare for, because you know the drill.
The financial and accommodation requirements are exactly the same and they use the pieces of mail as most of your relationship requirement.

I took a first good look at the form several months out, just to reassure myself but didn't get really into the preparation until a couple of months before applying. But I really take my time with that sort of thing. You may not need as long!  :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:50:22 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 957
I think when Katie_France applied last year it was just a bit slower from France than the US applications, but that was around the same time that Sheffield started processing more countries. It will still be faster to apply priority if they can afford it! You may want to check some of the other larger immigration boards for the current France timelines.

Welcome back and good luck with your FLR :) (and thanks for managing the time line when I was applying in 2017!)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Banned

• Liked: 0
Does his Canadian wife have a right to reside in France? Because if not, she cannot apply for a spouse visa from Paris.
PS All applications now considered in Sheffield really now have the same processing queue.

Disclaimer: I am a Level 3 OISC advisor and so my opinions are informed by knowledge of the law and years of practice. Yet, no opinion given without detailed review of an individual case should be taken or treated as competent legal advice.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Moderator: This topic is currently locked.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab