Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: need help getting my decision  (Read 409 times)

• Liked: 0
need help getting my decision
« on: October 19, 2018, 07:42:26 PM »
Ok Im in a pickle. I cant get my decision. Its.. Stuck?! To make this as easy to understand Ill list this in points:

1. I recieved an email on Oct 2 that a decision was made about my Spousal Visa application - however they couldnt send it cause there was no "suitable international waybill to facilitate this".

2. Using the link to VFS I purchased a label. One week later Im told the label I bought was for use within the US only, making this why any label I try to buy through VFS wrong.

3. After approx one and a half weeks I find out that US applications are sent to New York now. This change came about AFTER my application was sent to Sheffield England in late July-Aug 2.
My solicitor wasnt aware of this being an issue. My decision, documents, etc are in Sheffield England.

4a. After attempts to contact VFS, premium visa help calls, UPS, and solicitor to the Home Office (shes still waiting for a response..) all I know is: We MAYBE buy and send 2 roundtrip label:
 4b. Buy roundtrip to New York from myself in Ohio.
 4c. Buy rountrip from New York to Sheffield.
 4d. Mail the return NY > OH label AND both Sheffields to New York.
 4e. NY mails to Sheffield and Sheffield mails everything to NY.
  4f. NY mails back to me.

This is INSANELY CONFUSING. Ive been sitting on a decision near 3 weeks and I have no idea what it is.
Does anyone know why I cant seem to get a label from Ohio to Sheffield and back? Or maybe flat out tell me what to do? This is stress levels worse than waiting for the decision itself. I want to go home to my husband in England. I just dont know what to do.

• Liked: 6110
Re: need help getting my decision
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:45:51 PM »
Ok Im in a pickle. I cant get my decision. Its.. Stuck?! To make this as easy to understand Ill list this in points:

1. I recieved an email on Oct 2 that a decision was made about my Spousal Visa application - however they couldnt send it cause there was no "suitable international waybill to facilitate this".

2. Using the link to VFS I purchased a label. One week later Im told the label I bought was for use within the US only, making this why any label I try to buy through VFS wrong.

3. After approx one and a half weeks I find out that US applications are sent to New York now. This change came about AFTER my application was sent to Sheffield England in late July-Aug 2.
My solicitor wasnt aware of this being an issue. My decision, documents, etc are in Sheffield England.

4a. After attempts to contact VFS, premium visa help calls, UPS, and solicitor to the Home Office (shes still waiting for a response..) all I know is: We MAYBE buy and send 2 roundtrip label:
  4f. NY mails back to me.

This is INSANELY CONFUSING. Ive been sitting on a decision near 3 weeks and I have no idea what it is.
Does anyone know why I cant seem to get a label from Ohio to Sheffield and back? Or maybe flat out tell me what to do? This is stress levels worse than waiting for the decision itself. I want to go home to my husband in England. I just dont know what to do.

So sorry Kristina.

Your best bet would be to create an account with UPS and send the account  information to Sheffield so that they can bill your account for the journey from Sheffield to your home.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 07:49:32 PM »
Thank you! Ill tey this.. I wasnt even aware this was an option. Our solicitor didnt feel it was.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 07:57:27 PM »
Thank you! Ill tey this.. I wasnt even aware this was an option. Our solicitor didnt feel it was.

We can add this to the long list of why we don't recommend using a solicitor for a straight forward application.  ;)

What Larabee has said will absolutely solve the problem.  You set up an account with UPS and send the details to the email address you were given.  Sheffield then prints a label out to return to your home address in the USA and UPS bills the account for the actual amount it cost to send.

Big hugs.  This will be resolved.  Use us for the next application.  We are free!  :D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 08:11:49 PM »

Please keep us posted!  :)

• Banned

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 05:08:51 PM »

4f. NY mails back to me.

This is really  A LOT for a non=problem.
YOu do not need to use VFS waybill purchase, you NEVER needed it. It was just a rip off.
You could always just go to UPS site in the UK, create an account and purchase a waybill there from the UK putting Sheffiedl as rtn address,  and to yourself in USA. I always did that for clients cus it comes to like 23 pounds as opposed to 100+ VFS chasrged people for international waybills.
You can do it right now.
If someone how you can't go to that site from the US ask someone physically in the UK to do it or Jesus I can do it for you, google me up.
It costs 23 quid.
You also need to hurry cus your vignette would be valid ffor 30 days.

Disclaimer: I am a Level 3 OISC advisor and so my opinions are informed by knowledge of the law and years of practice. Yet, no opinion given without detailed review of an individual case should be taken or treated as competent legal advice.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 06:08:52 PM »

This is really  A LOT for a non=problem.
YOu do not need to use VFS waybill purchase, you NEVER needed it. It was just a rip off.
You could always just go to UPS site in the UK, create an account and purchase a waybill there from the UK putting Sheffiedl as rtn address,  and to yourself in USA. I always did that for clients cus it comes to like 23 pounds as opposed to 100+ VFS chasrged people for international waybills.
You can do it right now.
If someone how you can't go to that site from the US ask someone physically in the UK to do it or Jesus I can do it for you, google me up.
It costs 23 quid.
You also need to hurry cus your vignette would be valid ffor 30 days.

Disclaimer: I am a Level 3 OISC advisor and so my opinions are informed by knowledge of the law and years of practice. Yet, no opinion given without detailed review of an individual case should be taken or treated as competent legal advice.

If you can have the package sent from the U.K. to the USA for £23 you may just be amazing after all.   ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab