Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) - Accomodation - First Time  (Read 418 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR(M) - Accomodation - First Time
« on: October 21, 2018, 03:45:28 PM »
My partner is British and I am not. I am applying for my First FLR(M)

My Current Visa: Tier 2 ICT (Long Term)

Planned Date of Marriage: 15-Nov-2018 (Booked)

Premium Visa Appointment: 21- Nov-2018 (Booked)

We will be married before the actual day of appointment and will have the marriage certificate as well.

We live in different cities but meet every weekend and planning to move jobs to stay together after marriage. We both live in different cities due to our Jobs.

My question is regarding the accommodation proof for first time FLR(M)

I live in a rented accommodation in Wales and she lives in her Parent's house near London.

As I am on Tier 2(ICT), I can't change my job and move closer.

Our intention is to get Married on 15th November 2018 and get my visa changed by 25th November 2018(Using Premium Service and then few days to get the new Visa couriered)

After that I can look for another job near London and we can move in to a rented accommodation.

I am confused about the Accommodation Documents as we will be married (15th November) before our Appointment day (21st November) but still not be living together.

One way that I could think of is to ask her Parent's to give me the required documents so that I can prove that I can live in her parent's house.

Or should I just mention that we are not living together but will do after Visa Change, problem with that one is the section in the form where it asks you 'Where do you intend to live together permanently in the U.K.'

Obviously, you know much more than me and was wondering if you could suggest the best way.

Please Help :)

Re: FLR(M) - Accomodation - First Time
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 11:12:52 PM »
I think I will be going with the Parents house option.

Could you please suggest the documents required?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 11:20:36 PM »
I think I will be going with the Parents house option.

Could you please suggest the documents required?

The documents required are:
- the parents’ Land Registry document
- a letter from the parents giving you both permission to live there and stating that the home will not be overcrowded (I.e. stating the total number of bedrooms + living rooms and the total number of people who will be living there)

Optional extra:
- their latest original mortgage statement 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 11:23:14 PM »
The documents required are:
- the parents’ Land Registry document
- a letter from the parents giving you both permission to live there and stating that the home will not be overcrowded (I.e. stating the total number of bedrooms + living rooms and the total number of people who will be living there)

Optional extra:
- their latest original mortgage statement 

Thanks Ksand24.

Is the property inspection report required?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 11:29:58 PM »
Thanks Ksand24.

Is the property inspection report required?

Nope, and it never has been. Anyone who tells you otherwise doesn’t know what they are talking about (or, if they are a lawyer, are just trying to make some extra money out of you).

The only time a property inspection report might be needed is if the property is an HMO (House in Multiple Occupation) where you have at least 3 tenants who form more than one household (I.e. they are not related to each other). See: https://www.gov.uk/private-renting/houses-in-multiple-occupation

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 04:49:17 PM »
Will you be moving to the parent's house afterwards though?

Just curiosity, when does your visa expire?

I just don't want you to run into a circumstance where UKVI take the position that it appears it's a marriage of convenience.  Do you have proof of relationship outside of the marriage certificate?  Call logs, train tickets, etc.?

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 04:54:14 PM »
Will you be moving to the parent's house afterwards though?

Just curiosity, when does your visa expire?

I just don't want you to run into a circumstance where UKVI take the position that it appears it's a marriage of convenience.  Do you have proof of relationship outside of the marriage certificate?  Call logs, train tickets, etc.?

Hi KFdancer

Yes, i would be moving in to her Parent's house for few weeks until I am able to sort out a new Job.

My Visa expires in Mid Jan 2019 but I can only take up a new Job once I am on Spouse visa until then I am stuck with my current Job.

Yes, we have been meeting for 8 months now, I have Lots of Messages, Pictures, Train tickets, Food Bills etc.

I might not have a complete record of Food and Train Tickets but it spans over 3-4 months at least.

Do you think that will be Ok? Anything that I can do to strengthen my case?

Thanks for your help :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab