Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How long do you intend to stay in the UK-Online App-Question 21  (Read 336 times)

• Liked: 0
How long do you intend to stay in the UK-Online App-Question 21
« on: October 21, 2018, 07:06:36 PM »
My wife in the states is about to file. She's sent away the online app.

How long do you intend to stay in the UK?

My wife thought: Well the visa is for 2.5 years so I'll put a little bit more so they know I'm intending to reapply for the next 2.5 year visa. She officially entered 33 months-ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) as we're going to live here permanently.

Now we're worried that they're going to reject the app because of this. Searching other people's forum posts they have similar concerns as it kinda does come off as a trick question.

I suggested we include an addendum explaining our thought process and that we intend to settle here permanently along with a post it note highlighting exactly where we made a mistake. Otherwise our application is extremely well organised.

Does anyone have any insights or thoughts?

• Liked: 6110
Re: How long do you intend to stay in the UK-Online App-Question 21
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 07:09:04 PM »
My wife in the states is about to file. She's sent away the online app.

How long do you intend to stay in the UK?

My wife thought: Well the visa is for 2.5 years so I'll put a little bit more so they know I'm intending to reapply for the next 2.5 year visa. She officially entered 33 months-ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) as we're going to live here permanently.

Now we're worried that they're going to reject the app because of this. Searching other people's forum posts they have similar concerns as it kinda does come off as a trick question.

I suggested we include an addendum explaining our thought process and that we intend to settle here permanently along with a post it note highlighting exactly where we made a mistake. Otherwise our application is extremely well organised.

Does anyone have any insights or thoughts?

The online application doesn't go anywhere, just correct it in pen on the print out.
Most people put indefinitely.  :)

Sponsored Links