Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) - 1st Extension - Paper Application questions  (Read 266 times)

• Liked: 13
FLR(M) - 1st Extension - Paper Application questions
« on: October 21, 2018, 08:27:16 PM »
Hi everyone,

I’m preparing for my visa renewal and have just gone through the paper application , but have hit a few stumbling blocks. Could anyone please help shed some light on the following:

- Question 5.2 under Immigration History: When did you first enter the UK?
Is this question about when I first ever came/visited the UK, or when I first arrived under my current visa?

- Question 6.23 under Your Relationship To Your Sponsor: What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership?
I have no idea how I’m to answer this? A regular, traditional wedding ceremony? A Christian one? A non-specific theistic one?

-Question 7A under Financial Requirement - there is some wording that reads “indicate the financial source(s) and the amount of income you and/or your sponsor wish to rely on to meet the financial requirement.” The chart we’re supposed to fill out (for Category A) has a slot for his work stuff and my work stuff.
We meet the financial requirement using my husband’s income alone, and I’d rather not dip into my work situation because it’s a little all over the map. Can we just report his information (as we ‘wish to rely on’ it for the financial requirement) or do I need to answer the questions to include my own income?

Lastly, the only question I have left is that I’ve noticed I’m to include our daughter in the application even though she is not applying herself (as she is a British citizen). Yet, it seems we need to bring in her passport(s), etc, which is fine. My question then is, do we also need to supply the extra bits to prove that she lives with us/etc?

Thank you to anyone and everyone who is able to help me sort this out! :)
Spouse Visa Granted: 20 January 2016 - Arrived in UK: 27 February 2016 - FLR(M) Granted: 12 November 2018 - LiTUK Test Passed: 6 March 2021 - ILR Application Submitted: 13 March 2021 - Biometrics: 10 April 2021 - ILR Approved 25 August 2021 - UK Citizenship Application Submitted: 20 September 2021 - Biometrics: 12 October 2021 - Email Invite to Citizenship Ceremony: 15 November 2021

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR(M) - 1st Extension - Paper Application questions
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 08:34:01 PM »
- Question 5.2 under Immigration History: When did you first enter the UK?
Is this question about when I first ever came/visited the UK, or when I first arrived under my current visa?

When you first arrived on your current visa.

- Question 6.23 under Your Relationship To Your Sponsor: What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership?
I have no idea how I’m to answer this? A regular, traditional wedding ceremony? A Christian one? A non-specific theistic one?

- If it was a religious ceremony, I'd go with 'Church' or 'Religious'.
- If it was a non-religious/civil ceremony, I'd go with 'Registry Office' or 'Civil'.

-Question 7A under Financial Requirement - there is some wording that reads “indicate the financial source(s) and the amount of income you and/or your sponsor wish to rely on to meet the financial requirement.” The chart we’re supposed to fill out (for Category A) has a slot for his work stuff and my work stuff.
We meet the financial requirement using my husband’s income alone, and I’d rather not dip into my work situation because it’s a little all over the map. Can we just report his information (as we ‘wish to rely on’ it for the financial requirement) or do I need to answer the questions to include my own income?

If you meet it using your husband's income only, you just leave your side of the table blank, as if you do not work at all, and only enter his employment details.

Lastly, the only question I have left is that I’ve noticed I’m to include our daughter in the application even though she is not applying herself (as she is a British citizen). Yet, it seems we need to bring in her passport(s), etc, which is fine. My question then is, do we also need to supply the extra bits to prove that she lives with us/etc?

Yes, you must provide that evidence for ALL children living in the UK, whether they are foreign or British.

So, you need to send:
- her passport
- her birth certificate
- evidence of where she lives, dated in the last 3 months (i.e. a letter with her address on it from her school or GP).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab