Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Trump declares himself a Nationalist  (Read 2439 times)

• Liked: 1892
Re: Trump declares himself a Nationalist
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 06:41:52 PM »
Hello, my fellow Mensan!  ;)

What are your feelings on Pineapple pizza toppings?  Did you  actually see JF Kimberley at a meeting? 

• Liked: 676
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 06:48:14 PM »
Hello, my fellow Mensan!  ;)

I used to be "in", but it was in a smaller town in Texas and the other people who went to the meetings were really kind of ...uh... elitist snobs about being Mensa. So I never kept up with it. (Sometimes Big IQs go with Big Egos, unfortunately! Not saying that about you guys, though. Youse guys are just swell!  ;) ;D   )

• Liked: 718
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 06:59:03 PM »
At least Trump has found a Muslim he likes and who can do no wrong, including assasinating reporters who don’t agree with him. (Mohammed Bin Salman)
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 08:30:51 PM »
I used to be "in", but it was in a smaller town in Texas and the other people who went to the meetings were really kind of ...uh... elitist snobs about being Mensa. So I never kept up with it. (Sometimes Big IQs go with Big Egos, unfortunately! Not saying that about you guys, though. Youse guys are just swell!  ;) ;D   )

I originally joined when I was in my grad school years and the local group was... well... it was a bad fit for me.  That's why I let my membership lapse after a couple of years.  My dad was disappointed, because he enjoyed reading the monthly magazine.  But I wasn't getting much out of belonging and I had to re-prioritize my spending.  I only just re-joined this summer on a whim because once you qualify, you're qualified for life, and my husband was all, "Think you could get back in?" so I did.  :P
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 216
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 08:37:38 PM »
What are your feelings on Pineapple pizza toppings?  Did you  actually see JF Kimberley at a meeting?

Uh oh... Is this a trick question?? I've avoided the pineapple pizza debate at all costs every single time. I'll just say, I enjoy pineapple but I won't say how or where. He he he.
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 216
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 08:44:18 PM »

Aww, thanks! I think everyone here is awesome too! But, yeah, I can imagine there are those who take membership to the next level. Though it is kind of fun to tell people you're in it just for the reaction. I try to stay humble though. LOL!! ;)

I originally joined when I was in my grad school years and the local group was... well... it was a bad fit for me.  That's why I let my membership lapse after a couple of years.  My dad was disappointed, because he enjoyed reading the monthly magazine.  But I wasn't getting much out of belonging and I had to re-prioritize my spending.  I only just re-joined this summer on a whim because once you qualify, you're qualified for life, and my husband was all, "Think you could get back in?" so I did.  :P

I've always said I would actually attend some events and meet-ups and stuff but I just always had too much on my plate. I was once a part of their marketing committee. That was pretty fun. I also helped judge the scholarship essays one year. Also a good experience. I've kept my membership active because I thought maybe somehow someday it would come in handy for me. Still waiting on that day to arrive.  [smiley=laugh3.gif]
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 676
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2018, 03:54:32 PM »

Oh, I didn't remember that bit about "once qualified always qualified." But, to be fair, it's been 40 years. ;)  I can't remember what I had yesterday for breakfast, nevermind a group I was in 40 years ago!  ::) ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2018, 04:27:31 PM »

Jimbo's cat....

• Liked: 533
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2018, 04:28:02 PM »
Could all this rabble rousing lead to things like today's disturbing headlines?
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab