Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A Re-Introduction...  (Read 2389 times)

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
A Re-Introduction...
« on: November 01, 2018, 05:32:40 PM »
Hey, a lot of you know me under my previous moniker, but I thought I should re-introduce myself as it's been a few years. I've changed screen name from Mrs Robinson -  old joke that's too out-of-date now, since my "toy boy" will turn 50 next year & was never really that much younger than me.  [smiley=doh.gif]  Originally from Kansas, but I've been in Yorkshire forever now - well for almost 15 years...permanent UK resident for 12 years, UK citizen for nearly 11. The US seems like a foreign country now. Well and the UK too for that matter, in these weird post-referendum years, but moving on...

Hmmm, my husband and I are an "OINK" couple - haha. One income, no kids. I left my job six years ago because I hated it so much & have quite happily stayed at home, impersonating a bad housewife ever since. Hubs is an IT professional. I cook and bake a lot. We travel every chance we get - this year, a big trip to Galicia (northwestern Spain), a week at the north Norfolk coast for my FIL's milestone birthday, Crete, Malaga, an odd weekend here or there about in the UK. I train at powerlifting & am about to move up to being able to deadlift my husband's body weight. He runs!  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

I was going to wait to get on here again until Sunday because that would have been 4 years since I last signed on UKY, but the husband has a 10k Sunday & I think we'll be pretty busy then.  PB & I are good friends & she convinced me why I ought to come back because what's old is new again & people are finally here again talking about stuff besides just visas & citizenship.

So hi & I still see a lot of familiar "faces".  8)
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• Liked: 957
Re: A Re-Introduction...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 05:41:00 PM »
Hi! I am one of the new breed :) I love cooking and baking as well. Welcome back!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 387
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 06:17:36 PM »
Hi, and welcome back!  :)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 06:24:36 PM »
Welcome back :).

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 06:26:56 PM »
Nice to see you back here again (even though I see you on Facebook all the time :))
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 07:01:53 PM »
Hey, a lot of you know me under my previous moniker, but I thought I should re-introduce myself as it's been a few years. I've changed screen name from Mrs Robinson -  old joke that's too out-of-date now, since my "toy boy" will turn 50 next year & was never really that much younger than me.  [smiley=doh.gif]  Originally from Kansas, but I've been in Yorkshire forever now - well for almost 15 years...permanent UK resident for 12 years, UK citizen for nearly 11. The US seems like a foreign country now. Well and the UK too for that matter, in these weird post-referendum years, but moving on...

Hmmm, my husband and I are an "OINK" couple - haha. One income, no kids. I left my job six years ago because I hated it so much & have quite happily stayed at home, impersonating a bad housewife ever since. Hubs is an IT professional. I cook and bake a lot. We travel every chance we get - this year, a big trip to Galicia (northwestern Spain), a week at the north Norfolk coast for my FIL's milestone birthday, Crete, Malaga, an odd weekend here or there about in the UK. I train at powerlifting & am about to move up to being able to deadlift my husband's body weight. He runs!  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

I was going to wait to get on here again until Sunday because that would have been 4 years since I last signed on UKY, but the husband has a 10k Sunday & I think we'll be pretty busy then.  PB & I are good friends & she convinced me why I ought to come back because what's old is new again & people are finally here again talking about stuff besides just visas & citizenship.

So hi & I still see a lot of familiar "faces".  8)

Had you really not signed on for 4 years?  I guess you just came up in a lot of threads/searches for me.  I feel like I already know you!  (Admittedly, I was here 4 years ago, but I was stuck in the visas section back then.)  Anyway, welcome back!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 08:56:56 PM »
Hello and Welcome Back!
I also made a reintroduction from the last time I introduced myself 11 years ago  ;D

• Liked: 216
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 11:06:13 PM »
Hi! Nice to meet you. I'm pretty new around here. It's a great forum. Welcome back!
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 05:07:14 AM »
Hello!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 08:52:09 AM »
Nice to see you back here again (even though I see you on Facebook all the time :))

Yup!  Same.

I could tell you that since you were last on I also became British, but I suspect you already know that.

I *can* tell you that my ballot was received and I got an email from Pinellas County saying so, which is a change since the last election...  or at least the first time I've received the email.  Woo hoo!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 08:54:37 AM »
And you should totally join in on Pass the Parcel.

Have a look at the last page or two for a description of how to join and the RULES!   ;D

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=91217.msg1257811#new

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 03:52:27 PM »
Aww thanks everyone - more people remembered me than I thought! But of course, I'm Facebook friends with several of you as you've mentioned - and you get to see all my political rantings on there. I've started using FB a little bit differently (than I used to) over the past year or so.

Had you really not signed on for 4 years?  I guess you just came up in a lot of threads/searches for me.  I feel like I already know you!  (Admittedly, I was here 4 years ago, but I was stuck in the visas section back then.)  Anyway, welcome back!

Indeed. I had PB check to see how long it had been before I got on yesterday!  Thank you, it's nice knowing that I might have posted something worth reading back then.  :)

KF, yay for voting & of course I know you became a British citizen! I keep up! Ha.

I think I'm not really a Parcel Passer and I also think I checked out just in time to miss Secret Santa four years ago. Yes, I do know what happened, and no I'm not telling either out of consideration to anyone involved who might still be around. However, I did receive a nice gift the last time - fancy fudge, which I think was from Aquila, although that was never ever confirmed so I'm really still as much in the dark now as I was back then.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 04:05:54 PM »
Also, hi to the newer folks, and also mama2halflings - what was your username before? I might remember you.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 09:14:14 AM »
UKY is the place to be!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 04:08:44 PM »
Welcome back! :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links