Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do you enjoy UK Winters?  (Read 15662 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Do you enjoy UK Winters?
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »
I might be interested, since I've been feeling pretty down lately.

I don't know much about SAD lamps though - which one do you have, and how do you find it?

I got this one because my vet had one in her office and I asked her about it. She brings hers to work with her in the winter months and swears by it!

https://www.sad.co.uk/en-UK/SAD-Solutions-BLUElight-SAD-Light/6139sdmp.htm?colour=Blue+Light

I've not used mine yet at all this year but in pervious years I have found it to be helpful. I don't know if it actually works or if it's just a placebo effect but I feel better after using it, so to me, it was worth the expense.  :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2018, 11:41:32 AM »
I got this one because my vet had one in her office and I asked her about it. She brings hers to work with her in the winter months and swears by it!

https://www.sad.co.uk/en-UK/SAD-Solutions-BLUElight-SAD-Light/6139sdmp.htm?colour=Blue+Light

I've not used mine yet at all this year but in pervious years I have found it to be helpful. I don't know if it actually works or if it's just a placebo effect but I feel better after using it, so to me, it was worth the expense.  :)

Cool - thanks :).

I was trying to decide between that one and the DAYlight one: https://www.sad.co.uk/en-UK/SAD-Solutions-DAYlight-SAD-Light/35556sdmp.htm?colour=White

With the extra discount, they're only £72 and £45, respectively, which isn't bad at all :).

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2018, 04:04:48 PM »
Cool - thanks :).

I was trying to decide between that one and the DAYlight one: https://www.sad.co.uk/en-UK/SAD-Solutions-DAYlight-SAD-Light/35556sdmp.htm?colour=White

With the extra discount, they're only £72 and £45, respectively, which isn't bad at all :).

The white one there looks quite a bit bigger if that makes a difference. They're both available on Amazon if it helps to read some other reviews.
I mainly chose the one I have because of the vet having it!  ;D

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2018, 04:13:28 PM »
The white one there looks quite a bit bigger if that makes a difference. They're both available on Amazon if it helps to read some other reviews.

Thanks :). I actually went ahead and purchased the blue one earlier today :). Looks like it’s fairly compact, which will be good if I want to take it overseas with me :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2018, 04:45:01 PM »
Thanks :). I actually went ahead and purchased the blue one earlier today :). Looks like it’s fairly compact, which will be good if I want to take it overseas with me :).

Yay!  :D Here's to feeling cheerful!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2018, 04:46:36 PM »

How long do you sit in front of it for?

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2018, 06:33:30 PM »
How long do you sit in front of it for?

About 30 mins but you can do more or less.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2018, 01:06:02 PM »
If anyone is in the market for a SAD light, the place I got mine is having a sale. 20% off everything until 11.59pm (GMT) 25.11.18.

https://www.sad.co.uk/en-UK/

Enter code BRIGHT at checkout.  :)

I really want one and am curious about them but  still can't justify the price of some of them at the moment even with the discount but will definitely look to get one eventually. 20% off is a good deal!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2018, 01:23:32 PM »
I really want one and am curious about them but  still can't justify the price of some of them at the moment even with the discount but will definitely look to get one eventually. 20% off is a good deal!

Mine just arrived this afternoon - it's a lot smaller and lighter than I thought, but that means it will be easy to take with me when I travel for long periods. It needs to be charged for 12 hours before first use, so I can't try it out just yet.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2018, 11:43:48 AM »
I might be interested, since I've been feeling pretty down lately.

I don't know much about SAD lamps though - which one do you have, and how do you find it?

How wide spread is SAD in the UK? SAD is a major issue in places like Seattle. I wonder if it's as bad or worse in the UK?

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2018, 05:52:14 PM »
Was thinking about this thread today when the sun was going down at 3:30 and it was 4C, but feeling worse, since it's so damp out today.  Brrrr....  And yesterday, it was so dreich.  Never really got light. 
Maybe I should get a SAD lamp. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2018, 06:02:28 PM »
Ordered my SAD light and it will be waiting for me upon my return.

I can't do another winter like last year. But of course, I had severe anaemia I was dealing with too. I didn't think I was going to make it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 676
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2018, 06:05:45 PM »
I have my LED bank of grow lights in the kitchen. The Daughter says that she notices a difference when she eats supper in there at the kitchen table, a few feet from the growlights, in the winter. Says she feels better.

I'm not sure it's not placebo effect, but the lights have to be on anyway, so....?

• Liked: 3
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2018, 05:05:52 AM »
After reading post in this thread about SAD it made me want to do some research to see how widespread the effects of being without sunshine are on people living in the UK. Apparently nearly 35% of every adult in the UK, that stay there for long periods of time do suffer from either mild to severe forms of SAD. That bit of information can be very useful to someone trying to achieve relief from a variety of the symptoms. It's very easy for a person to suffer from some of these symptoms and not be aware that SAD is the cause and effect. Knowing this could help a person consider the possible reasons why they might be feeling a certain way. Some of the symptoms are loneliness, mood swings, insomnia, depression, irritability, weight gain, and fatigue. Those are just some of the many symptoms associated with SAD.

• Liked: 13
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2018, 10:13:15 PM »
I am from Wisconsin and I would take a bitter cold winter with snow over rain and damp any day. Does anyone else seem to get sick a lot from the dampness? I have had so many cold and coughs in the two years I have been here. Any remedies to adjust would be appreciated!!  :)
Married in MD - May 14, 2016
Application Submitted - June 28, 2016
Biometrics - July 1, 2016
File received in Sheffield - July 8, 2016
Confirmation email - August 13, 2016

Sponsored Links