Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Has everyone voted?  (Read 3606 times)

• Liked: 716
Re: Has everyone voted?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2018, 07:39:05 PM »
So much for trying to think positively, that some good has come along.... ;)

With the most gerrymandered districts in history they did remarkably well as they needed way above the norms in the popular vote to win all the seats they did. The trick will be to hang onto the gains in 2020 which is the next opportunity to redraw the districts. Of course in an ideal world the districts should be drawn up fairly by an independent body made up of voters, not by the party in power, but that is not how Washington politics works.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2018, 09:55:23 PM »
Trump has now fired his AG Jeff Sessions and appointed someone critical of Robert Meuller.  It hasn’t taken long for him to start taking action before the new Congress convenes in January.

• Liked: 672
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 09:17:42 PM »
At about the 14:55 point of the following film, does the person the camera is focusing on remind you of anyone? 

(Seriously, deja vu at the image ~and~ the tactics.)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2018, 09:03:55 AM »
Wow!  That smug expression!  Just, wow.  It's like he practiced it from watching this footage.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2018, 09:45:30 AM »
Having seen other footage, I thought perhaps I was imagining the connection until I saw this one. Seriously, the body language is sooooo similar.

I wish I was a floofy new-ager, so I could tout reincarnation? Except that the guy in this video could speak several languages. 8)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2018, 10:58:06 AM »
Having seen other footage, I thought perhaps I was imagining the connection until I saw this one. Seriously, the body language is sooooo similar.

I wish I was a floofy new-ager, so I could tout reincarnation? Except that the guy in this video could speak several languages. 8)

Yeah, it's not only the expression, is it?  The exaggerated folding his arms at the end of that clip.... it's amazing.  One would be forgiven for believing in floofy new-age stuff after watching this.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 36
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2018, 12:18:26 AM »
Hi,

Thank you very much for those replies and explaining more of the intracacies! I've read and re-read and some of it has sunk into my brain cell !

I was disappointed a little that he didn't lose more power or influence.. however, given that he didn't go to remember the fallen because it was raining I hope shows more of his 'followers' just how disgusting that is. I'm sure many of his followers are proud of theirs and family members service both currently and in the past including the world wars, and to have him as the President of the US, refuse to attend hopefully will make them vote for someone who will actually act presidential next time.

Just after the midterms results were announced, there was analysis and discussion that he'll most likely get in for a second term, i really hope not...

Cheers, DtM ! West London & Slough UK!

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2018, 08:58:26 AM »
And he's just blamed the California wildfires on forest mis-management, and is threatening to cut off aid to the state.

People are going to remember that. Kicking people when they are down doesn't go over well at all.

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 10:08:43 AM »
I think Florida is again in a vote recount situation with Trump saying he will send down some of his lawyers to root out the voter fraud that is being perpetrated by the Democrats.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2018, 01:06:32 PM »
Did you guys read the tweet where he said we should just have a do over?  He's normalising the idea that elections are also false news and the results are subjective.  Preparing the ground for 2020.

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 01:21:27 PM »
Did you guys read the tweet where he said we should just have a do over?  He's normalising the idea that elections are also false news and the results are subjective.  Preparing the ground for 2020.

I missed that particular one in the tsunami of tweets he puts out. It doesn't surprise me that he is now spreading his fake news mantra to include fake elections such that his core don't believe in fair news reporting or in fair election results.

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 02:48:10 PM »
When you see your true love from across the room :

Look at Macron's face!  I'm starting to like that guy more and more since he called out Trump for being a traitor in front of the entire world.  Make America great again?  How about being called a traitor by a French man! 

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2018, 03:32:26 PM »
Merkel is also not exactly pleased to see the arrival of Putin.

Did you hear how Trump demonstrated his ignorance of European geography and history when meeting the leaders of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia in Washington earlier this year?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/10/trump-baltics-balkans-mixup-le-monde-belleau-cemetery-paris

The Le Monde report concerned events in Washington in early April this year, when the leaders of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia visited the White House for a meeting and a joint press conference. At the press conference, Trump praised his visitors and their countries for being good members of Nato and for not producing “fake news”.

But Le Monde perhaps risked provoking a presidential tweet on the latter subject when it reported that at the private meeting, “Trump opened by attributing to [the Baltic leaders] the responsibility for the war in Yugoslavia”.

Dalia Grybauskaitė of Lithuania, Kersti Kaljulaid of Estonia and Raimonds Vējonis of Latvia, the paper said, took “a moment to realise that ‘Baltics’ and ‘Balkan’ were getting mixed up in the mind of the American president”.

Trump, Le Monde said, remained “apparently uneducated in the matter by his wife, Melania, originally from the former Yugoslavia”.

Melania Trump is from Slovenia, which gained its independence in 1991, at the start of the bloody Balkan conflicts which only ended with the Kosovo war of 1998-99.

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2018, 04:09:48 PM »
It's one thing to confuse Baltic and Balkan, quite another to not know anything about the war in former Yugoslavia when your wife is Slovenian.

Fun fact : Don Jr grew up with a proper Slovak grandfather who taught him to be a proper Slovak dude.  I've actually got great respect for my Honza brotherhood and have spent many a night next to a campfire.

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is what a real leader looks like. <a href="https://t.co/5lDDQXxKUb">pic.twitter.com/5lDDQXxKUb</a></p>&mdash; Louise Seeley (@liberrygirl65) <a href="">10 November 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab