Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Imbalance issues  (Read 5781 times)

• Liked: 768
Re: Imbalance issues
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 06:37:09 PM »
Mine has two causes.  Draft and bottled!

I'll just get my coat....
Very good.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 154
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 06:48:13 PM »
Mine has two causes.  Draft and bottled!

I'll just get my coat....

Lol that’s what I felt like. I was stumbling around like I drank two bottles of wine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »
Thank you all for the advice and support. I called gp who couldn’t get me in, so I’ll try again tomorrow and if not I’ll call 111. My mom told me today she suffers with vertigo and has since her early twenties

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 09:02:02 AM »
Good luck, I hope you can get into your GP.  111 is always a good option and push comes to shove, urgent walk in centres and A&E.  If you're not feeling like yourself, it's definitely time to see a GP.  Hugs!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 09:25:31 AM »
Thank you all for the advice and support. I called gp who couldn’t get me in, so I’ll try again tomorrow and if not I’ll call 111. My mom told me today she suffers with vertigo and has since her early twenties

This is where 111 comes into it's own.  They will say, "You need to see a GP within x amount of time."  As it'll be office hours, either they or you will call your GP and say "111 has done an assessment and they said I need to be seen by my GP within x amount of time."  They will then magically find you an appointment.   ;)

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 09:40:19 AM »
I’ve got an appointment today. So hoping they can do something for me :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 11:07:30 AM »

Fantastic news!

My biggest piece of advice is to go armed with what you want them to do.  I would think:

Check blood pressure
Order a full blood workup
Look at your ears

And then anything else you may want/desire.  I always go with a little list so I don't forget anything!

• Liked: 718
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2018, 04:25:51 PM »

Excellent. Good luck.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 676
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 06:51:29 PM »
Let us know how you are doing?

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2018, 08:18:22 PM »
Well the doctor was actually really good, but inconclusive visit. He said my blood pressure is about 5-10 points higher than he’d like but nothing he is overly concerned about. Told me to watch my sodium intake, don’t drink soda (which I don’t), did a check on my ears, my eyes, did a balance check.

He told me to just note anytime it happens, and come check my blood pressure again in a month. If it is still even slightly high we’ll do blood work.

Thanks everybody!  I really appreciate it. =)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2018, 09:28:09 AM »
Well the doctor was actually really good, but inconclusive visit. He said my blood pressure is about 5-10 points higher than he’d like but nothing he is overly concerned about. Told me to watch my sodium intake, don’t drink soda (which I don’t), did a check on my ears, my eyes, did a balance check.

He told me to just note anytime it happens, and come check my blood pressure again in a month. If it is still even slightly high we’ll do blood work.

Thanks everybody!  I really appreciate it. =)

For the purposes of narrowing your investigation down when you go back for another BP check, some questions...

1. The most recent event occurred when you woke up to use the toilet at night.  Were the other incidents also when waking and getting out of bed after sleeping, or were they at other times of day or while you had been active?

2. Did you have coordination problems?  You said you were stumbling around like a drunk person... was it just imbalance, or also inability to control your arm and leg movements?

3.  Did you have any symptoms besides imbalance and nausea?  Any headache?  Breathlessness?  Cold?  Hot?  An overwhelming sense of impending doom/panic? (This last sounds funny, but it can be an actual symptom, and it's not funny when it happens.)

4.  Did you turn the lights on, or keep them off?  If there was light, how was your vision?

Hmm.. what else...?

Let's go from there.  I'm leaning toward an inner ear issue, but I don't know why it would be episodic.  Puzzling.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2018, 09:49:02 AM »
I'm glad you were able to see your GP & you're getting started with having it investigated. I think jfkimberly offers some good advice.  :)
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2018, 02:33:18 PM »
For the purposes of narrowing your investigation down when you go back for another BP check, some questions...

1. The most recent event occurred when you woke up to use the toilet at night.  Were the other incidents also when waking and getting out of bed after sleeping, or were they at other times of day or while you had been active?

2. Did you have coordination problems?  You said you were stumbling around like a drunk person... was it just imbalance, or also inability to control your arm and leg movements?

3.  Did you have any symptoms besides imbalance and nausea?  Any headache?  Breathlessness?  Cold?  Hot?  An overwhelming sense of impending doom/panic? (This last sounds funny, but it can be an actual symptom, and it's not funny when it happens.)

4.  Did you turn the lights on, or keep them off?  If there was light, how was your vision?

Hmm.. what else...?

Let's go from there.  I'm leaning toward an inner ear issue, but I don't know why it would be episodic.  Puzzling.
To answer:

1. Always when I wake up early morning to go toilet. This particular incident I had been laying in bed trying to convince myself to get out if the warm covers to go for quite some time.
2.. I’ve always been the clumsy one tripping over my own feet but nothing like this. It was just an imbalance from what I recall- due to the length this one lasted I went into panic mode. Usually I gain my balance after a few seconds.
3. I have been getting a lot of tension headaches lately I think due to stress at work but the gp didn’t seem concerned I felt overly nauseas for a few hours after as well.  I did start to panic just due to it not going away after a few seconds.
4. No lights as didn’t want to wake hubby- I do wear glasses/contacts but usually not an issue  just going to toilet as it’s close to our room.  Vision seemed ok

Doctor checked my ears and I’ve had NO ear pain ever. It’s weird

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2018, 02:58:27 PM »
To answer:

1. Always when I wake up early morning to go toilet. This particular incident I had been laying in bed trying to convince myself to get out if the warm covers to go for quite some time.
2.. I’ve always been the clumsy one tripping over my own feet but nothing like this. It was just an imbalance from what I recall- due to the length this one lasted I went into panic mode. Usually I gain my balance after a few seconds.
3. I have been getting a lot of tension headaches lately I think due to stress at work but the gp didn’t seem concerned I felt overly nauseas for a few hours after as well.  I did start to panic just due to it not going away after a few seconds.
4. No lights as didn’t want to wake hubby- I do wear glasses/contacts but usually not an issue  just going to toilet as it’s close to our room.  Vision seemed ok

Doctor checked my ears and I’ve had NO ear pain ever. It’s weird

So you were well and truly awake, since you'd been trying to motivate yourself to leave the covers for a while.  It wasn't a sleep-paralysis type of thing.

When you say imbalance, can you describe it?  Did it feel like the room was spinning (like a rush to the head), or just like you didn't know which way was up?  I'm not sure how to better describe the difference in those two sensations... Hopefully, you know what I mean.  If not, probably just skip it.

The nausea persisted for hours after?  What about the disorientation?  That cleared up, but the nausea stayed?  Did you feel sick on the other imbalance events, or is this new?

What part of your head hurts when you get the tension headache?  Do you know if you get migraines?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2018, 03:30:56 PM »
So you were well and truly awake, since you'd been trying to motivate yourself to leave the covers for a while.  It wasn't a sleep-paralysis type of thing.

When you say imbalance, can you describe it?  Did it feel like the room was spinning (like a rush to the head), or just like you didn't know which way was up?  I'm not sure how to better describe the difference in those two sensations... Hopefully, you know what I mean.  If not, probably just skip it.

The nausea persisted for hours after?  What about the disorientation?  That cleared up, but the nausea stayed?  Did you feel sick on the other imbalance events, or is this new?

What part of your head hurts when you get the tension headache?  Do you know if you get migraines?

Hehe Dr JFkimberly ;)

Room wasn’t spinning I just couldn’t walk straight. Was stumbling around. I think if you asked at that point to walk a straight line I would have fallen over.  It’s really hard to explain.

Nausea stayed for four -five hours but lessened as time went on.

My headaches are usually on the lower back of head / too front part as of recently. I am a headache sufferer but these headaches are different from my normal ones. If that makes any sense.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab