Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying to remain in the UK  (Read 10155 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Applying to remain in the UK
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2021, 06:56:45 PM »
By update, you mean that they all need to be from the time before I submit my application. For example, any bank statements, proof of address documents all need to be from before the date I submitting my application. As opposed to  some type of proof that I had them all prepared and ready before I submitting my application.
The problem with the salary information is that one of the questions that needs to be answered on the application is my wives yearly salary and that is the information we haven't been able to get. And I don't want to guess what and put in an incorrect answer. Thanks.

Bank statements, pay slips and employer's letter must be dated within the 28 days immediately before the application. Things like tenancy agreement/land registry/mortgage statement etc can be older than that.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2021, 09:06:22 PM »
Okay. Thanks Larrabee for your help.

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2021, 10:48:28 AM »
Hello,
I am finally planning on submitting application this week. Since it has been a few weeks since I asked this question, wanted to see if there would be any difference in the months I need to provide for proof of address. I have been planning on the following months,

February 2019
July 2019
December 2019
May 2020
October 2020
March 2021
August 2021

However, if I submit my application this week, would those still be the months I need to use or would I need to change the documents I need to  a September 21 start date and go back. Thanks.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2021, 11:08:44 AM »
Those months are all good - we’re only halfway through September, so you’re fine to stick with what you have :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2021, 12:29:19 PM »
As always thanks Ksand24. Good to know we won't have to go through another 2.5 years of documents.

« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2021, 02:59:35 PM »
Hello again,
I've noticed a couple people mention Part 1 and Part 2 consent to checks forms that need to be downloaded and signed from the application. I am almost done and haven't come across them.
I went ahead and completed my application and paid for everything and those two forms never showed up. I show someone did a screen shot where it comes up in the "further action" section, but those forms never showed up for me. Just the family declaration forms. And it doesn't show up on my checklist of documents.
Is there a reason why they wouldn't show up for me. Do I not need to sign them.

I keep trying to book an appointment on the UKVACS website, but keep getting an "We are currently experiencing issues, please try again." message. Have a feeling I won't be able to make an appointment today.
Also, in case someone is wondering, I have seen available appointments and costs really vary depending on the location.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 05:12:22 PM by oden »

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2021, 09:01:56 PM »
I applied on 31 March and those forms were not in anything I found in my downloads. I am still waiting for a decision, but I think they must have stopped asking for them. My sponsor (husband) had to sign a form, but the extra ones were not asked for when I had documents checked either.

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2021, 09:03:54 PM »
I don’t believe the Consent to Checks forms are part of the ILR application.

For FLR(M), you sign:
Sponsor’s Declaration
Consent to Checks form Part 1
Consent to Checks form Part 2

But from what others have said, for ILR I believe you only sign:
Sponsor’s Declaration

« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2021, 03:44:15 PM »
Hello,
Thanks for clarifying the consent to checks forms issue. Been away from the forums for a couple weeks as I decided to just have my documents uploaded when I go for my appointment as we have an old printer/scanner and was having problems trying to scan everything correctly.
Since I am taking in my documents to be scanned, is there a correct order I should have my documents in. I have seen people use slightly different orders in which the documents should be kept in order to be scanned in as correct.

For example has seen the following,

Application Documents
•   Applicant current passport
•   Applicant expired passport (contains entry visa)
•   Declaration form signed by UK spouse

Proof of Identity/Travel History
My BRP Card
•   UK Spouse current British passport

Finances
•   6 months bank statement
•   6 months payslips
•   Letter from employer confirming employment

Residence in the UK
Accommodation Documents
Evidence of Homeownership
•   Land registry title
Evidence of monthly housing costs
•   Latest annual mortgage statement
•   Latest Council Tax statement
Cohabitation Documents

Other
•   Marriage certificate
Divorce certificate
Daughters UK passport/proof of current address as she lives with us.

Some other documents as well, but that basic order,

However, I have seen other people say the correct order is to put residency documents ahead of finance documents.
Since I am taking my documents to be scanned, is there a correct order I should keep my documents when I hand them over for them to scan. Thank you.

« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2021, 04:11:51 PM »
Hello,
Thanks for clarifying the consent to checks forms issue. Been away from the forums for a couple weeks as I decided to just have my documents uploaded when I go for my appointment as we have an old printer/scanner and was having problems trying to scan everything correctly.
Since I am taking in my documents to be scanned, is there a correct order I should have my documents in. I have seen people use slightly different orders in which the documents should be kept in order to be scanned in as correct.

Each section you have listed is a different upload heading on the UKVCAS website... so if you were scanning and uploading them yourself, you would just upload the relevant documents under each heading.

So, I would just bring the documents in the order you have listed them. You can always put a post-it note on the first page of each section if you want, so it's clear which documents are to go in which section.

I don't think it matters whether you put the finances ahead of the residence documents or not... because they will be uploaded under the separate 'finances' and 'residence' sections of the website anyway. I assume whoever is scanning them will just make sure that each 'section' of documents goes under the correct heading when they upload

« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2021, 04:23:25 PM »
Hello,
Okay, thanks. I'll try to keep them in the proper sections they belong. Thanks again.

« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2021, 03:40:00 PM »
Hello everyone,
It's going on nearly 10 weeks and I still haven't heard anything. The last time I renewed my visa it only took about 6 weeks from the time I sent in my application to the date  listed on the approval letter. I have seen people have been approved after I have filed and have seen it being mentioned that it could take up to 5 to 6 months. My visa type is set(m). I know it can take up to 6 months, but what seems to be the current average waiting time and I am assuming I will have to wait till I am approved before I get an updated BRP card as mean has already expired. Thank you.

« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2021, 03:53:04 PM »
Hello everyone,
It's going on nearly 10 weeks and I still haven't heard anything. The last time I renewed my visa it only took about 6 weeks from the time I sent in my application to the date  listed on the approval letter. I have seen people have been approved after I have filed and have seen it being mentioned that it could take up to 5 to 6 months. My visa type is set(m).

SET(M) (ILR) has a processing time of 6 months, so you may not hear anything for another 3-4 months.

Your last visa (FLR(M)) only has a processing time of 8 weeks, which is why you got that one quickly, but this one is taking longer:

I know it can take up to 6 months, but what seems to be the current average waiting time and I am assuming I will have to wait till I am approved before I get an updated BRP card as mean has already expired. Thank you.

Not sure how long it’s taking at the moment as I think most people applying recently have used the Super Priority service for a 24-hour decision, but I would allow for the full 6 months.

And yes, the BRP card is your visa so it cannot be issued until the visa has been approved. As your current BRP has already expired, your current immigration status will be automatically extended under Section 3C Leave until your ILR has been issued… but you cannot leave the UK until you get the new BRP, as leaving while your application is pending will invalidate it.

« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2021, 06:29:49 PM »
Thanks Ksand24. Guess it's going to be a long wait ahead. Won't have to keep looking for an approval letter or email for the moment. As always, thanks for your help.

« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2022, 12:25:24 PM »
Hello Everyone,
It looks like my ILR application has been approved. I got an email from the Home Office Atlas department informing me that my application has been approved. I hadn't heard of the Home Office Atlas department so at first wasn't sure if it was a spam message, but I guess there is not such a thing as the Home Office Atlas Department.
Thanks for everyone who has helped me over the years. I have gotten so much help here that I don't want to think how much more difficult the process would have been without everyone's help.
Of course, now that it appears that process has been completed I have more questions about what's next. :)

First,
Since my Visa's have been based on  being engaged to and then eventually marrying my now wife in the UK, who is a British Citizen, does that mean I can immediately apply for British citizenship.  Been living in the UK for 6 years now. I see on the UK Gov. site it says anyone granted ILR has to live in the UK for an additional 12 months. However, it seems to also say that anyone who is married to a UK citizen may be able to apply sooner, which is what I thought.
I don't plan on immediately applying for a couple reasons, but would like to before the end of the year if I can.

2. Once granted ILR, does that mean I no longer need to renew an application every few years to remain in the UK. I saw something about needing to get a new BRP card after 10 years. Of course, plan on applying for British Citizenship, but I know my wife will ask me about this. Pretty certain of this,. However,  can I tell her that at a minimal, I don't need to do anything for at least 10 years. Though once again, plan on applying for British Citizenship.

3. I was going to look this up, but might as well ask while here. Does this now mean I am eligible for benefits and possible voting in elections.

Once again, thank you for everyone who has helped me over the years. I know I will have additional questions once the time comes to apply for  British Citizenship. :)

Sponsored Links