Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying to remain in the UK  (Read 10164 times)

• Liked: 3597
Re: Applying to remain in the UK
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 12:52:20 PM »
Thanks for all of your help today and over the years.
If I use the pay slips as another proof of address source, do I still need to get a letter from my employer confirming my work details. Thanks.

You need the employer letter, regardless, if you are using your income to meet the financial requirement.

If you are only using the payslips for proof of address and not for the financial requirement, then you don’t need a letter verifying the payslips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 12:56:57 PM »
Thanks and wishing you and everyone else here a Happy New Year.

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 09:33:57 AM »
Hello everyone,
Think I am going to get started on my application today, even though I can't complete and turn it in till Friday at the earliest,  with the hope that by next weekend or the following week I can have things finished. Hard to find the time during the week, so hoping I can get everything done by then.

I have no doubts I will have questions along the way. I really do appreciate all the hellp I have gotten here over the years. Thanks.

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 12:01:21 PM »
Hello,
Have a couple questions from the application. We think we have the correct answer for one, but are not sure how to answer another question.
The first question is about what name to I enter in for my wife.
"What is the name of your current partner?
(Required)
This includes their maiden name and other names they use or have used in the past."

When I click "not sure about their name" to choose, it says use the name on their passport, but then also says include middle name, etc...
 The name on her passport is from before she got married to me and the surname she used from her previous marriage, which was partly her name and her husband surname, But she has since taken my surname, which is of course different then he birth surname. So, should we enter in the name on her passport, then list her birth name and then another listing with my surname which she is now using. There are going to be documents we include that I believe has her old surname and her current surname.

The other question has the both of use confused.

"Does my wife have any other children in the UK that are not applying on this application?" 
We put yes as my wife has a daughter from her previous marriage, so we followed the questions that followed, but then got stuck on the following question.

"My stepdaughters name, other parent.
At first we listed her biological father's name, but then it's asking for proof of his address and his birth certificate. He lives overseas and is actually on holiday in the Philippines, so there is no way we can get that information anytime soon. But then under the question of who the other parent is, it says "Find more information about sole responsibility" So, that would be my wife, so selected non applying partner, but my wife is of course on the application, not to apply but as my wife. Then asks for proof of other parents address and Birth certificate of both parents which doesn't sound right, so not sure about that. My wife believes she is the person solely responsible. If my wife is solely responsible, why is it asking for the birth certificate of both parents.  Same if we choose my partner. I have not legally adopted my step daughter and once again there is no way we can get birth certificate of her biological father in time. And while he does pay child support, he has only seen her a few times in her life.  It doesn't list my wife's name, but it does list my name, so we thought maybe choose I have sole responsibility thinking maybe the question was meant for my wife, but when we choose that, it  means me, even though they have my name listed separately as one of the options. So we are very confused about that question. There are other options, but none that seem to fit. Can anyone help us with the question as well. Thank you.

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 12:30:44 PM »
Also, as for the second question again. It says any other children of my wife's, no where does it seem to allow us to mention my wife's daughter, but the questions asks about any "other" children when no where does it allow me to list my wife's daughter to begin with up to that point. Am I missing something. We have gone through the application more than once and don't seem to see where before that question I could have mentioned my wife's daughter. It has us completely confused. And I do remember providing my step daughter's passport the last time I applied. So, I know we didn't have this issue at all. Thank you.

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 12:33:17 PM »
Hello,
Have a couple questions from the application. We think we have the correct answer for one, but are not sure how to answer another question.
The first question is about what name to I enter in for my wife.
"What is the name of your current partner?
(Required)
This includes their maiden name and other names they use or have used in the past."

When I click "not sure about their name" to choose, it says use the name on their passport, but then also says include middle name, etc...
 The name on her passport is from before she got married to me and the surname she used from her previous marriage, which was partly her name and her husband surname, But she has since taken my surname, which is of course different then he birth surname. So, should we enter in the name on her passport, then list her birth name and then another listing with my surname which she is now using. There are going to be documents we include that I believe has her old surname and her current surname.

I believe that you should enter the name exactly as it is on her passport, and then in the 'other names known by' section, put her birth name and her current married name.

You will need to provide a copy of her passport, her divorce decree from the previous marriage, and also your marriage certificate for the visa, so they will be able to see proof of the name changes.

The other question has the both of use confused.

"Does my wife have any other children in the UK that are not applying on this application?" 
We put yes as my wife has a daughter from her previous marriage, so we followed the questions that followed, but then got stuck on the following question.

"My stepdaughters name, other parent.
At first we listed her biological father's name, but then it's asking for proof of his address and his birth certificate. He lives overseas and is actually on holiday in the Philippines, so there is no way we can get that information anytime soon.

I don't know why they are now asking for the other parent's birth certificate, because it has never been required before, and  should not be relevant to the application.

I would put his name down and then explain somewhere in the application (maybe the additional information section?) that you cannot provide those documents because he lives overseas and you have no access to them.

But then under the question of who the other parent is, it says "Find more information about sole responsibility" So, that would be my wife, so selected non applying partner, but my wife is of course on the application, not to apply but as my wife. Then asks for proof of other parents address and Birth certificate of both parents which doesn't sound right, so not sure about that. My wife believes she is the person solely responsible. If my wife is solely responsible, why is it asking for the birth certificate of both parents.  Same if we choose my partner. I have not legally adopted my step daughter and once again there is no way we can get birth certificate of her biological father in time. And while he does pay child support, he has only seen her a few times in her life.  It doesn't list my wife's name, but it does list my name, so we thought maybe choose I have sole responsibility thinking maybe the question was meant for my wife, but when we choose that, it  means me, even though they have my name listed separately as one of the options. So we are very confused about that question. There are other options, but none that seem to fit. Can anyone help us with the question as well. Thank you.

The question is meant for your wife, because she is the child's biological parent and is the one who is solely responsible for her child.

However, sole responsibility should only come into play if the child is also applying for a visa, because you have to show that the parent in the UK has sole responsibility for the child and that the other parent has no objection to the child living in another country.

This new online application is a bit of a nightmare in general.

Before it was introduced, all you had to provide was:
- a copy of your wife's passport
- her daughter's passport
- her daughter's birth certificate
- evidence of where her daughter lives, by way of a letter showing her address, issued in the last 3 months

But the new online form is suddenly saying you need all these other documents as well, which don't seem to have anything to do with the application, because her daughter is British and is not applying for a visa!

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2019, 12:35:33 PM »
Also, as for the second question again. It says any other children of my wife's, no where does it seem to allow us to mention my wife's daughter, but the questions asks about any "other" children when no where does it allow me to list my wife's daughter to begin with up to that point. Am I missing something. We have gone through the application more than once and don't seem to see where before that question I could have mentioned my wife's daughter. It has us completely confused. And I do remember providing my step daughter's passport the last time I applied. So, I know we didn't have this issue at all. Thank you.

It's all very odd - and I wonder if the online application actually has some errors in it. I think all you can do is fill it out the best you can, and maybe include a cover letter explaining the confusion/issue (or if you are applying in person, you can explain at the appointment).

When you applied before you would have only needed your step-daughter's passport, though since late 2017, you have been required to send her passport, birth certificate, and proof of her address.

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2019, 12:44:20 PM »
It won't let me go forward with the rest of the application unless I check and confirm I can provide the documents of her biological father. We checked them just so I could move forward with the rest of the application, but there are questions that follows that we just had to put some kind of answer, even if it really doesn't fit just so I could try to fill out the rest of the application.
And we also read it as a question meant for my wife, but when we checked I am the sole person responsible, it asked for my birth document proof, not my wife, even though as I said it lists my name as an option twice. Maybe there is something wrong. Thanks for your help with this.
Has anyone else have this question come up and filled it out recently. thanks.

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 12:51:58 PM »
I am just going to have to wait till I can figure out what is going on with the question and see if it's just a glitch or something.
So, if that could end up taking me a bit of time as the immigration offices aren't open on the weekends and I work during the times it is open, not sure when I can reach them. So, as far as my visa expiring goes, do I need to have my application filled out and documents sent it before my visa expires or do I also need to have my application, documents AND biometrics done and sent to the Visa and immigration office before my visa expires. Thanks.

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 12:58:49 PM »
And we also read it as a question meant for my wife, but when we checked I am the sole person responsible, it asked for my birth document proof, not my wife, even though as I said it lists my name as an option twice. Maybe there is something wrong.

Yeah, something doesn't seem quite right there - since your wife is the one with sole responsibility, not you.

It would make sense if she was your child and you were showing you have sole responsibility for her, instead of her other biological parent, but it doesn't make sense if she is your wife's British child.

I am just going to have to wait till I can figure out what is going on with the question and see if it's just a glitch or something.

I think it's been that way since the new online form came in, as a couple of other people have had similar issues with the whole other parents' birth certificate thing, so I can't see it changing any time soon.

Hopefully someone else who has applied recently will see this and comment about what they did.

So, if that could end up taking me a bit of time as the immigration offices aren't open on the weekends and I work during the times it is open, not sure when I can reach them

Honestly, I don't think that would help anything, as they barely even know their own immigration rules, let alone what the online application should say.

Personally, I think all you can do is answer the questions the best you can, write a letter of explanation for why you have answered that way, and submit the application.

So, as far as my visa expiring goes, do I need to have my application filled out and documents sent it before my visa expires or do I also need to have my application, documents AND biometrics done and sent to the Visa and immigration office before my visa expires. Thanks.

I believe your official application date is the date you submit the online application and pay for the visa... so as far as I know, you must have submitted the online form before your visa expires.  Ideally, though, if you can, I would get it submitted as soon as you can.

From this UKVI document, page 18:

The date of application for an online application is the date it is submitted using the online process.

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 01:21:27 PM »
Thanks. I just changed the answer I gave to my wife being the person responsible and see if other people have had similar issues. I also got a questions about my step daughter visiting or having lived in other questions. Once again, I feel like they are listed her as my biological daughter rather than my step daughter. She hasn't lived outside of England, but there is no way we can remember all the exact dates by day, month and year that she has traveled outside the UK. Luckily she has had the chance to travel, but we don't  have records of the exact dates she has traveled. This has become very frustrating and I expected it to by easier this time. Anyway, thanks for your help. At least I can get help here. Thanks again.

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 07:11:00 AM »
Hello,
Looks like I probably won't be able to get things done this week. Do have a question about what happens after I finish my application and payment. With the new system, would I need to make an appointment for one of the service centers or is that for people applying for their ILR. Or do I mail in my documents/photos... to Sheffield like in the past, minus my application. Thanks. 

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 07:22:44 AM »
With the new system, would I need to make an appointment for one of the service centers or is that for people applying for their ILR. Or do I mail in my documents/photos... to Sheffield like in the past, minus my application. Thanks.

It’s up to you.

If you want to book an in-person appointment, it will cost you an extra £610 for the premium service and it will give you a decision in 24 hours.

If you don’t want to pay extra for an in-person appointment, you can mail your documents and you should get a decision within 8 weeks.

The FLR(M) and ILR application processing options are the same... you can either apply in person for £610 extra or apply by post... but ILR can take up to 6 months by post compared with 8 weeks for FLR(M).

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 07:25:59 AM »
Thanks. I'm sure this will be explained to me when I complete everything online, but just to know what I will be expected to do.
I send in my application online, so do I still need to print a copy of my application and post it or do I just send in my application online.
I still need to post my documents, photos, etc... to Sheffield. I read about other people having them scanned, so that was reason I was asking about having to post them.
Do I still need to send passport sized photos with our names on the back of them. When I get to the documents section of the online application procdess, I'm guessing it will list everything I need, is that correct.
And do I still get a biometrics appointment letter in the post after I send everything in or do I make the appointment online now. Thanks.

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2019, 07:35:27 AM »
I send in my application online, so do I still need to print a copy of my application and post it or do I just send in my application online.

Last I heard you still had to print it and send it.

I still need to post my documents, photos, etc... to Sheffield. I read about other people having them scanned, so that was reason I was asking about having to post them.

Not sure - you’ll have to see what options are available to you when you apply... can’t remember if scanning is an option now for FLR(M) or not.

You’ll still have to post your passport etc. though anyway.

Do I still need to send passport sized photos with our names on the back of them. When I get to the documents section of the online application procdess, I'm guessing it will list everything I need, is that correct.

I think so, but I’m not sure. I have a feeling passport photos aren’t needed anymore. However, some people have been reporting that the application is insisting they send things that aren’t supposed to be needed. like 12 months of payslips and bank statements for Category A, which only requires 6 months of them.

And do I still get a biometrics appointment letter in the post after I send everything in or do I make the appointment online now. Thanks.

Neither.

When you apply online, I believe the biometrics letter will be generated right away. You then print it off and go to a post office which offers Biometric enrolment to get them done. I think you have either 10 or 15 working days in which to do your biometrics.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 08:11:30 AM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab