Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying to remain in the UK  (Read 10086 times)

• Liked: 6
Re: Applying to remain in the UK
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2019, 08:08:17 AM »
Once again thanks for you help and quick replies as well.   

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2019, 07:38:00 AM »
Hello,
I was trying to figure out as best I could some of the travel dates my stepdaughter had outside the UK. When I went back to the application to change the answer for that question from no to yes, which we orginally put down just so we could continue with the rest of the application and clicked save and continue the question didn't ask me for the travel dates as before. In addition, the question about my relationship with my stepdaughter has disappeared as well. Has this happened to anyone else. Thank you.

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2019, 07:41:44 AM »
In fact, all the questions about my stepdaughter are no longer showing up on the application.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2019, 08:21:40 AM »
Hello,
I was trying to figure out as best I could some of the travel dates my stepdaughter had outside the UK. When I went back to the application to change the answer for that question from no to yes, which we orginally put down just so we could continue with the rest of the application and clicked save and continue the question didn't ask me for the travel dates as before. In addition, the question about my relationship with my stepdaughter has disappeared as well. Has this happened to anyone else. Thank you.

In fact, all the questions about my stepdaughter are no longer showing up on the application.

Very interesting... someone else yesterday said that when they were filling out their SET(M) application for ILR, there were hardly any questions about their daughter and it didn't ask them to upload any documents in regards to the child... I was going to reply that other people were being required to provide tons of documents, but maybe this has been changed now?

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2019, 08:40:24 AM »
I would say that could be it, but the questions asking about her name, country of origin, nationality, etc... all disappeared. Can't believe all those questions wouldn't still be asked.

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2019, 08:46:32 AM »
Okay, I went back to my application and back to the questions right before the ones about my step daughter and re did them. Once I finished that, all the other questions and answers about my step daughter showed up again.

Have to get ready for work, as I did have a little extra time this morning, but at least I am back to where I was when the morning started. Thanks.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »
Is your step daughter a UK citizen?

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2019, 05:47:55 PM »
Yes.

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2019, 08:23:34 PM »
Hello,
Just have a few questions. Some I am pretty sure of, but want to make sure. Some I thought I knew but have seen different responses and others just need to ask about.

When I pay and submit my application online, do I still need to print out a  copy of my application and mail it in with my documents?

Do I need to send in my Biometric Residence Permit card, or can I send in a  copy of my card?

Sounds like I no longer need to send in Visa/passport photos, is that correct or should I still send one of me and one of my wife?

On the documents checklists, it lists "Any relevant declarations or third party consent to request verification checks", then underneath it says, "You will download and print these declarations in the next section of the application." What exactly does that mean?

Thank you.

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2019, 08:33:19 PM »
When I pay and submit my application online, do I still need to print out a  copy of my application and mail it in with my documents?

I believe you do.

Do I need to send in my Biometric Residence Permit card, or can I send in a  copy of my card?

Yes, you must send the actual card, because it is your visa and you are required to send your passport AND visa with the application.

When they issue the FLR(M), they will cancel your current BRP card and destroy it, then send you a new BRP card, which will be valid for the next 30 months.

Sounds like I no longer need to send in Visa/passport photos, is that correct or should I still send one of me and one of my wife?

Apparently the online application form explicitly states that you do not need to send any passport photos.

On the documents checklists, it lists "Any relevant declarations or third party consent to request verification checks", then underneath it says, "You will download and print these declarations in the next section of the application." What exactly does that mean?

It means exactly what it says. At the end of the application form, there will be a selection of declarations that you and your sponsor must print and sign.

- the applicant signs one confirming the information in the application
- the sponsor signs one confirming the information in the application
- then there will be one will be for the sponsor and/or other people to sign if they are named jointly on bills/bank statements you are submitting (consenting to their information being used)
- and there is also one for a third party to sign if they are providing support for the visa (which shouldn't apply to you anyway)

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2019, 08:36:01 AM »
Thanks.
A couple other questions. From what I have read, am I supposed to get my biometric appointment letter online as soon as I pay for my application/visa.
Other question has to do with proof of address. Can I use NHS prescription slips and if I can, can I black out the name of the prescriptions. Same for any appointment letters from NHS, can I black out the reason for the appointment. I don't know if I can use NHS prescription slips for previous dates of proof of address as the only date listed is the start date and last issued date of the prescriptions. Thank you.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2019, 08:47:35 AM »
Thanks.
A couple other questions. From what I have read, am I supposed to get my biometric appointment letter online as soon as I pay for my application/visa.
Other question has to do with proof of address. Can I use NHS prescription slips and if I can, can I black out the name of the prescriptions. Same for any appointment letters from NHS, can I black out the reason for the appointment. I don't know if I can use NHS prescription slips for previous dates of proof of address as the only date listed is the start date and last issued date of the prescriptions. Thank you.

Yes, you will receive your biometric letter after you have submitted the online application. It's an invitation though, not an appointment.

You can't use prescription slips, they are not correspondence and you should not black out any of the information on the correspondence that you do provide.

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2019, 10:32:48 AM »
Thanks.
Going through some of my documents have a coupe questions about proof of address. How far back can a document go to prove current proof of address.
I saw on another post that I would need to go back basically every 4 months. For the most current one, I believe I saw that any document/bill, etc.... would have to be from at least Sept. 2018 till today and that January was optional. Is that correct, to prove current address it was to be from at least Sept. 2018. Anything before that would cannot be used as proof of my current address and only for a previous quarterly time period, even though we have lived in the same house from the time I moved out here.

Also, saw something about bank statements so to be clear, can I use bank statements from the past as one of my sources for proof of address. So, say a bank statement from October of 2017, can be used a source proving I have lived at the same house for the past 2 years during that quarterly period. Thank you.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 10:57:29 AM by oden »

Applying to remain in the UK
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2019, 10:58:30 AM »
Thanks.
Going through some of my documents have a coupe questions about proof of address. How far back can a document go to prove current proof of address.
I saw on another post that I would need to go back basically every 4 months. For the most current one, I believe I saw that any document/bill, etc.... would cover Sept. 2018 till today and that January was optional. Is that correct, to prove current address it was to be from at least Sept. 2018. Anything before that would cannot be used as proof of my current address and only for a previous quarterly time period.

Also, saw something about bank statements so to be clear, can I use bank statements from the past as one of my sources for proof of address. So, say from October of 2017, can use my bank statements from that time period as a source proving I have lived at the same house for the past 2 years. Thank you.

Basically, you will already have proof of address for the last 6 months from your payslips/bank statements etc, so there isn’t really any need to add an extra relationship document for Jan 2019.

For the relationship documents, it’s not so much about proof of address, but proof that you and your spouse have lived at the same address as each other for the last 2 years.

So you provide:
- 6 documents in each name
- from at least 3 different official sources
- evenly spread over the last 2 years... so 1 in each name every 4 months.

So you might provide:

Jan 2017
1. Tenancy agreement in both names (source 1)

May 2017
2. Council tax statement in both names (source 2)

Oct 2017
3. Applicant bank statement (source 3)
3. Sponsor bank statement

Jan 2018
4. Electricity bill in both names (source 4)

May 2018
5. Council tax statement in both names

Oct 2018
6. Applicant bank statement
6. Sponsor bank statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2019, 11:30:38 AM »
Okay, I think I may have been understanding this all wrong.
What you are saying, and correct me if I am wrong, is that I don't need 6 different sources of correspondence, but at least 6 items of corresponce spread over the past 2 years from at least 3 different sources. I still need to find items going back 2 years, but already have 4 items of corresponce in both our names.
Further, for the current time period, I just need at least one source in both our names or 2 in each of our names as well, not 6 as I was thinking for the current time period.  Is that correct? Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 11:34:17 AM by oden »

Sponsored Links