Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Greg and Tre's advice thread  (Read 15823 times)

• Liked: 24
Re: Greg and Tre's advice thread
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2019, 01:37:39 PM »
"Then you have 5 days AFTER the biometrics appointment to mail your documents to New York." - to clarify, we need to post it within 5 days, not they have to receive it within 5 days?

Also, my bank statements don't clearly have mortgage and utility payments on them.  That's because every week I have a direct debit set up to my 'flat account' and my mortgage, council tax, bills etc go out of there. I was wondering if this might raise the eyebrows of the immigration officer?

I could explain this in my support letter
Include bank statements for my flat account - in which case would they need to be signed?
Request and include a recent mortgage statement
None of the above (as my bank statements and payslips show my proof of income and my title deeds show proof of accommodation)

Thanks
Met online: April 2017 | Met in person: March 2018 | Entered relationship: October 2018 | Engaged: Feb 2019 | Wedding: August 2019
Application package sent: 14 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd in New York: 16 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd email: 20 Aug 2019
Decision made email: 19 Sept 2019 (23WD) | Passport received (approval!) 23 Sept (25WD)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2019, 01:41:48 PM »
"Then you have 5 days AFTER the biometrics appointment to mail your documents to New York." - to clarify, we need to post it within 5 days, not they have to receive it within 5 days?

Also, my bank statements don't clearly have mortgage and utility payments on them.  That's because every week I have a direct debit set up to my 'flat account' and my mortgage, council tax, bills etc go out of there. I was wondering if this might raise the eyebrows of the immigration officer?

I could explain this in my support letter
Include bank statements for my flat account - in which case would they need to be signed?
Request and include a recent mortgage statement
None of the above (as my bank statements and payslips show my proof of income and my title deeds show proof of accommodation)

Thanks

Five days to get it in the post.

Only send the bank statements that you need to, don't send those from your flat account. It's perfectly fine to have multiple accounts for differing purposes.

For accommodation send the title deeds and your most recent mortgage statement.

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2019, 01:53:27 PM »
Thanks Larrabee

Does the mortgage statement need to be authenticated in any way?
Met online: April 2017 | Met in person: March 2018 | Entered relationship: October 2018 | Engaged: Feb 2019 | Wedding: August 2019
Application package sent: 14 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd in New York: 16 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd email: 20 Aug 2019
Decision made email: 19 Sept 2019 (23WD) | Passport received (approval!) 23 Sept (25WD)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2019, 02:07:07 PM »

Yes, that’s correct.

Nope. They don’t care about outgoings.

The ONLY transactions they will look at on the bank statements are the dates and amounts of your payslips to confirm they were paid into an account in your name.

The ONLY reason you are including bank statements is to verify that you got paid. No other reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2019, 04:48:51 PM »
Fab, thanks forum

Another quick query: I (sponsor) have been told today that we're all getting a small pay rise in April of about 2%. This is a company-wide thing and not because my role has changed or my performance has improved.  However, it will mean that my pay is slightly higher for April-July than in Feb and March (we plan to apply in August).  Does this need to be mentioned in the 'Proof of Employment' letter that HR will be sending me?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2019, 05:00:15 PM »
Yes, the employer letter must state:

- your annual salary on the date the letter is written (I.e. the new 2% increase salary)
- the date you started earning that salary (X April 2019)
- your previous salary before the 2% raise
- the date you started earning your previous salary

When UKVI calculate your income, they will only consider the lowest payslip from the last 6 months, which will be your old salary. as you will not have been earning the new salary for 6 months yet at the time of applying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2019, 07:34:17 PM »
Hi forum
We're together in Texas and doing research. The county clerk office said we can take our licence to them after the wedding and they process it within minutes and return it to us with some copies.

These copies are black and white and single sided. There are three sheets, one of the front of the certificate, one of the back, and another one with further details

An officiant we spoke to said that it's the copies we should send for visas as it had the extra info, and the 'original' certificate is just a ceremonial document, effectively a souvenir for us. Can anyone confirm this?

He also said we should go to Austin after the wedding to obtain an apostile, which validates our documents. I'm doubtful this is necessary but wondered if anyone knew more about this?

Thanks!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2019, 08:08:00 PM »
Hi forum
We're together in Texas and doing research. The county clerk office said we can take our licence to them after the wedding and they process it within minutes and return it to us with some copies.

These copies are black and white and single sided. There are three sheets, one of the front of the certificate, one of the back, and another one with further details

An officiant we spoke to said that it's the copies we should send for visas as it had the extra info, and the 'original' certificate is just a ceremonial document, effectively a souvenir for us. Can anyone confirm this?

He also said we should go to Austin after the wedding to obtain an apostile, which validates our documents. I'm doubtful this is necessary but wondered if anyone knew more about this?

Thanks!

TeamTollie, applying from Louisiana, were given the same advice about the "ceremonial" document versus actual legal marriage document, and followed it.  They were approved.  Without seeing the documents, I can't offer any more guidance than that.  Just go with whatever shows you are legally married.  I don't think they had theirs validated with an apostile.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 424
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2019, 10:24:28 AM »
We were married in Denver. Kept the original and sent a copy with no validation. Getting ready to apply for FLR(M) soon. The copies from the courthouse are legal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2019, 04:39:00 PM »
Hi all

We've had an extra hurdle placed before us, so we're reaching out for help/guidance.

When Tre contacted the courthouse about obtaining his divorce certificate, he was told that the paperwork was misfiled. Thus, he is not divorced. We have a wedding date set for 7th august in Texas and flights booked for my parents to fly over etc. So we basically need to get Tre divorced asap. 

I don't know if this is the best thread for this, but if anyone can point us in the right direction for where to seek advice that would be great. Anyone with experience of getting divorced in Texas would be great to hear from, as would any recommendations for lawyers to use. 

So far we know that we need to petition for divorce, which starts a 60-day clock. The divorce cannot be granted any earlier than day 61, but in our case, where we're not expecting Tre's husband to contest anything, 60 days should be fine. However, there then follows a 30 day 'appeals' period where neither party can remarry - this can be waived by a judge if the circumstances merit it, but we're not sure if ours do. Then we need to get our marriage certificate and possibly wait 72 hours after that. All of which means we need to petition for divorce asap next week.

We're not sure whether to risk going it alone because we don't have much spare cash for lawyer fees. But obviously we also can't afford this to go wrong!

Massive quandary, but we're trying to keep clear heads and work out the best way forward - so any help greatly appreciated
G&T

• Liked: 35
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2019, 01:05:39 AM »
I’m so sorry you have this added stress. I had misfiled my divorce paperwork as well. I was in California though. What I would suggest, if your partner is still in Texas, is seeing what free services are available for filing. I absolutely could not afford an attorney but because I was just lacking a couple documents was able to file the last pieces fairly easily. I know it’s not ideal but worst case scenario you could move forward with your celebration and do the legal bit later if you have to. I hope it all gets resolved quickly for you!
1st App Mailed: 03/14/18 STANDARD
Decision Made: 07/02/18(70 WD)
Decision: Denial
2nd App Mailed to NYC: 05/23/19 PRIORITY
Docs Arrived NYC: 05/28/19
Email to UKVI: 07/31/19
Email Recd to send Priority receipt: 08/02/19 (48 WD)
Visa Received: 08/09/19

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2019, 06:38:50 PM »
Thanks Calitobrum
we looked into all our options and we've had to go with an attorney as we can't afford for the filing to go wrong again what with relatives already having flights booked etc. So far, so good, as the lawyers have filed the petition promptly, and much now hinges on Tre's partner not contesting the divorce.

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2019, 10:49:04 PM »
Just wondering - how quickly can someone find work once they land in the UK on a spouse visa?
I guess they have to get their NI number, for example?
Let's call the day they land 'day 0' - could they be in a position to find work on day 5? Or day 10? Just after an idea :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2019, 03:06:40 AM »
How long is a piece of string?

Depends on the industry, demand, etc.

We’ve had members secure work within a month (rare) but if you are willing to take anything...

Most I’d say minimum of 6ish months.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2019, 03:57:31 AM »
You don't require a national insurance number in order to start a job but you will probably find that it takes longer to get a job than it does to get the NI number.

Nothing to stop you walking straight into a job on day 1 though, if you had set it up before arrival but it's more likely to take several months as kfd mentioned.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab