Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR evidence question  (Read 1960 times)

• Liked: 33
FLR evidence question
« on: November 14, 2018, 10:58:03 AM »
This won’t apply to me until next year but want to get ahead of this paperwork so I won’t be panicking at the application time....

Our joint bank account has both our names listed on the address line but it is with our first and middle initials and last names.  Is this okay?  It’s been a PIA trying to get them to change it to our first and last names.  To me, it would be obvious that X. X. Sundance and X.X.  Sundancehusband are us but I don’t want to overestimate UKVI.

Also, Thameswater has husband on address line and me off to the side as “ additional account holder” or similar. They refuse to put me on the address line.  Will this count? 

Thanks!

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLR evidence question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 11:17:16 AM »
This won’t apply to me until next year but want to get ahead of this paperwork so I won’t be panicking at the application time....

Our joint bank account has both our names listed on the address line but it is with our first and middle initials and last names.  Is this okay?  It’s been a PIA trying to get them to change it to our first and last names.  To me, it would be obvious that X. X. Sundance and X.X.  Sundancehusband are us but I don’t want to overestimate UKVI.

Also, Thameswater has husband on address line and me off to the side as “ additional account holder” or similar. They refuse to put me on the address line.  Will this count? 

Thanks!

Both are fine.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 11:18:46 AM »
You will want to make sure you have at least on piece of evidence (a personal bank statement is easiest) that has your name *exactly* as it appears on your passport. You'll need that to sit the life in the UK test, which you can do any time between now and applying for ILR.

• Liked: 33
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 03:00:14 PM »
Thank you Larrabee.  I did not know that about the test, either.  I’ll have to change my name on a bill.  I never get mail addressed to my first, middle and last names as shown on my passport. Grrr.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 03:04:46 PM »
Thank you Larrabee.  I did not know that about the test, either.  I’ll have to change my name on a bill.  I never get mail addressed to my first, middle and last names as shown on my passport. Grrr.

Yeah, they are extremely strict about that. If the names don't match exactly, they will turn you away and you will loose the £50 test fee.

Sponsored Links