Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sick, ill, or poorly  (Read 3108 times)

• Liked: 957
Re: Sick, ill, or poorly
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2018, 06:17:26 PM »
To be fair, I don't really get symptoms, so really it's just the annoyance of it all that bothers me.  But now I'm thinking I should've complained more so people will bring me stuff.  I never knew that was an option.  And now I'm old and won't have long to take advantage of this newfound information.  Poop.
I would be so grateful if it was just a mild inconvenience. I'm getting ready for 6 months of ick (mirena coil) trying to get them managed without surgery in a last ditch effort.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 114
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2018, 10:00:46 PM »
Don't say that!  I bet you are the mysterious HeyJay al fresco pooper
I'm kind of upset that I will never know who it was. I would have LOVED to throttle that person.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2018, 10:05:15 PM »
I'm kind of upset that I will never know who it was. I would have LOVED to throttle that person.

There's always DNA testing...   8)

• Liked: 114
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2018, 10:08:24 PM »
If we hadn't cleaned the 'present' up over the weekend and bleached the f*** out of our car park, I would have done that probably.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2018, 08:33:35 AM »
I'd like to have some DNA testing to find out which kid is leaving skidmarks!  Both of them swear up and down the other did it.

The only solution is to force one to clean it and watch how mad they get.  If they really don't mind, they probably did it.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2018, 09:16:49 AM »
Don't say that!  I bet you are the mysterious HeyJay al fresco pooper

Okay, so I haven't responded to this story because the very first time I read it, my eyes glossed over a word ("park"), and I thought the incident was decidedly more shocking and disgusting than it already is, and I had no words.  Then I felt foolish when I figured out what really happened.  I was thinking, "They can't use their car 'til that is cleaned!  That's a serious violation of one's space!  What?!  How?  Why?!" as I pictured a poo in the middle of the driver's seat.  Then I realized my mistake, and with the relief I felt that the poo wasn't IN their car, I just couldn't find the right words that were sufficiently disgusted for the real human poop in the car park.  Dave, HeyJay, my relief for you guys is deep.

And, no... I am not the secret pooper.

9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2018, 02:20:45 PM »

Could've taken it to Jeremy kyle! LOL

Okay, so I haven't responded to this story because the very first time I read it, my eyes glossed over a word ("park"), and I thought the incident was decidedly more shocking and disgusting than it already is, and I had no words.  Then I felt foolish when I figured out what really happened.  I was thinking, "They can't use their car 'til that is cleaned!  That's a serious violation of one's space!  What?!  How?  Why?!" as I pictured a poo in the middle of the driver's seat.  Then I realized my mistake, and with the relief I felt that the poo wasn't IN their car, I just couldn't find the right words that were sufficiently disgusted for the real human poop in the car park.  Dave, HeyJay, my relief for you guys is deep.

And, no... I am not the secret pooper.

Couldn't help but smile when reading this LOL

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 41
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2018, 10:07:47 PM »
My work buddies were trying to get me to shovel launch it over the fence to a neighbour's garden.  The risk of poop mid- air fragmentation and collateral back splatter was too high though...

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2018, 08:25:26 AM »
My work buddies were trying to get me to shovel launch it over the fence to a neighbour's garden.  The risk of poop mid- air fragmentation and collateral back splatter was too high though...

Well-considered.  You made the right choice.  *shudder*  Oh!  Unless you fling the poo downwind, so any fragmentation will be carried on the breeze in the direction you're flinging it...
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• I'm not acting confused, I AM Confused!
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2018, 08:57:45 PM »
been at hospital off and on all week with son who has contracted Mono, he is definitely "poorly"  :\\\'(

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2018, 09:04:38 PM »
been at hospital off and on all week with son who has contracted Mono, he is definitely "poorly"  :\\\'(
Oh no, I hope he starts feeling better soon! Mono is rough :(

• I'm not acting confused, I AM Confused!
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2018, 05:49:25 PM »
thanks Margo, looks like he turned a corner last night, that last week was hell, liver was not working right, spleen swollen to twice normal..on IV drip 4 times due to dehydration even tho he was drinking 6 liters a day. Mono was always the boogyman growing up.... now I really know why

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2018, 11:54:47 PM »
thanks Margo, looks like he turned a corner last night, that last week was hell, liver was not working right, spleen swollen to twice normal..on IV drip 4 times due to dehydration even tho he was drinking 6 liters a day. Mono was always the boogyman growing up.... now I really know why
I'm glad things are going the right direction now! I had it when I was in college, initially misdiagnosed as a sinus infection and I learned the hard way when you mix mono with amoxicillin the result is swelling and turning into a lobster like an allergic reaction gone nuclear. Thankfully my spleen and liver function stayed OK, and that went away after stopping the med.

It can be really severe, and when something like that happens I'm grateful for the NHS because you don't have to worry about your bill at the end of their lifesaving care!

Sponsored Links