Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Food and International Shipping  (Read 963 times)

• Liked: 6
Food and International Shipping
« on: November 20, 2018, 12:10:40 PM »
I was just reading another thread about people bringing back velveeta cheese without declaring it.

I have family in the US that are willing to send me the stuff I really can't find anyplace else. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me if some of these items would be allowed, posted through the mail.

The list of items is:
Frank's Red Hot (hot sauce)
Loganberry Syrup (not for breakfast, just concentrated drink syrup)
Webber's Mustard
Ranch salad dressing/blue cheese salad dressing
Tostito's salsa con queso

So basically, are things that are essentially long life liquids allowed through the post?
Spouse Visa Approved: May 2016
Arrived in UK: June 2016

• Liked: 768
Re: Food and International Shipping
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 12:12:39 PM »
I was just reading another thread about people bringing back velveeta cheese without declaring it.

I have family in the US that are willing to send me the stuff I really can't find anyplace else. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me if some of these items would be allowed, posted through the mail.

The list of items is:
Webber's Mustard

So basically, are things that are essentially long life liquids allowed through the post?
Yes. You can ship all of that however the cost will not be worth it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 216
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 01:05:12 PM »

The list of items is:
Webber's Mustard

Check the grocery stores here for Frank's Red Hot. I have found it here with no problem whatsoever. ASDA, Sainsbury's, and Morrison's all have it where I live. It's my favorite. I put that stuff on everything! I've also found Newman's Own Ranch dressing at ASDA. I know a lot of people like Hidden Valley - which I haven't seen (and don't like anyway) - but if you're not picky about what type of ranch then you may find it here as well. Good luck!
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 768
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 01:16:58 PM »
Check the grocery stores here for Frank's Red Hot. I have found it here with no problem whatsoever. ASDA, Sainsbury's, and Morrison's all have it where I live. It's my favorite. I put that stuff on everything! I've also found Newman's Own Ranch dressing at ASDA. I know a lot of people like Hidden Valley - which I haven't seen (and don't like anyway) - but if you're not picky about what type of ranch then you may find it here as well. Good luck!
Yes, just about any grocery store sells Frank's.  You can get ranch and blue cheese dressing here plus both are super easy to make homemade anyway.

They sell Tostitos chips here and I'm sure I've seen the dips too but they are relatively new. 

That pretty much just leaves you with finding a source for Loganberry syrup. Have you looked to see if Holland and Barrett sells it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 01:26:33 PM »
You won't find webers mustard here as that's a local company. (I brought some with me!) But you could probably make something comparable by mixing a spoon of prepared horseradish into yellow mustard :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 08:21:57 AM »
I'll check those places that you guys mentioned finding stuff. I do a lot of my shopping online, as I don't have a car yet, and sometimes they just don't have everything online and available for delivery. I will double check as regular access to some of this stuff would be great.

I know that Tesco has Tostito chips and they have the salsa, but they don't have the salsa con queso. I hope they get it! Fingers crossed.

Also, I have lots of friends and family, so I think after putting the call out on Facebook, I have the promise of at least one care package for now as Christmas gifts.

If only I could have perishibles shipped in a timely manner.... my freezers would be full of Italian sausages and sahlen's hot dogs.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 11:53:00 AM »
Definitely no Tostitos Queso to be found.  I bring that back no problem. 

I've had Ranch sent to me - but my SIL definitely got sticker shock when it cost her $50 to ship - 8 years ago!   :o

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 10:12:47 AM »
No proper queso but I *do* tend to use the Doritos cheese dip (it's not really the same as the queso you'd get back in the US, but I do enjoy it for some unknown reason lol.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 07:33:43 PM »
No proper queso but I *do* tend to use the Doritos cheese dip (it's not really the same as the queso you'd get back in the US, but I do enjoy it for some unknown reason lol.

I tried the Doritos brand cheese dip, and the spice in it is completely different. It's more of a nacho cheese dip, rather than a salsa con queso. Furthermor, it made my awesome taco dip recipe taste not the best. I will have my Tostitos, even if I have to save for a trip back home and bring an empty carry on, lol.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab