Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bahn Mi - Glasgow  (Read 1102 times)

• Liked: 674
Bahn Mi - Glasgow
« on: November 24, 2018, 12:03:27 PM »
Found a little shop on Great Western (near the Pizza Hut and Hardware store, not far from Glasgow Uni) that serves Vietnamese food. The Daughter says the Bahn Mi sandwich she had was just like one she'd have gotten "at home" and the stir-fried rice noodles and beef that I had was very good. Lots of fresh coriander in it. Very good sized portions. Next time we're going to try the soups - the people at the table next to us got soup, served in the biggest soup bowls I think I've seen! For dessert we split a fried ice cream:  a big scoop of vanilla ice cream inside what was basically funnel cake, with a peanut topping. Very good also. The both of us ate and we got out of there for about 15 pounds, total. ;D

Apparently they have a place in City Center, too.

• Liked: 957
Re: Bahn Mi - Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 02:45:53 PM »
Found a little shop on Great Western (near the Pizza Hut and Hardware store, not far from Glasgow Uni) that serves Vietnamese food. The Daughter says the Bahn Mi sandwich she had was just like one she'd have gotten "at home" and the stir-fried rice noodles and beef that I had was very good. Lots of fresh coriander in it. Very good sized portions. Next time we're going to try the soups - the people at the table next to us got soup, served in the biggest soup bowls I think I've seen! For dessert we split a fried ice cream:  a big scoop of vanilla ice cream inside what was basically funnel cake, with a peanut topping. Very good also. The both of us ate and we got out of there for about 15 pounds, total. ;D

Apparently they have a place in City Center, too.
Ooh. That means they have Pho! You must try it, it's like a bowl of noodley comfort.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 02:49:38 PM »
Ooh. That means they have Pho! You must try it, it's like a bowl of noodley comfort.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
My favourite place for pho in Glasgow is Non Viet on Sauchiehall St.

I also hear great things about The Hanoi Bike Shop.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 03:28:26 PM »
My favourite place for pho in Glasgow is Non Viet on Sauchiehall St.

I also hear great things about The Hanoi Bike Shop.

Yeah, that's their city center branch. ;D
Daughter says Hanoi Bike Shop is pricey.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 03:32:54 PM »
Yeah, that's their city center branch. ;D
Daughter says Hanoi Bike Shop is pricey.
I didn't realize they had another location.  It's one of my favourite restaurants in Glasgow. 

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 07:03:45 PM »
The one by the Uni only has about 8 tables in it. Small, cozy, and damned good food! ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab