Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Braai Room  (Read 452 times)

• Liked: 1260
Braai Room
« on: November 27, 2018, 03:01:49 PM »
Colleague is from South Africa originally and he's just had an offer on a house accepted and he was talking about this conservatory they are going to put on the room right away and it sounded so good so said I was going to look it up. He told me to look up "braai room". OMFG! I feel like I've missed out on having something like this in my life!!

It's like a big conservatory with a massive fire you can cook on in it and a lot of them are either totally outside (not practical for UK) or have big sliding glass doors so you can make it an indoor/outdoor feel. It's awesome! I am dying for one of these now! LOL
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
Re: Braai Room
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 04:20:22 PM »
If you haven't been to South Africa, be sure to add that to your travel list.  I've been a lot of places and I LOVE South Africa.   :D

No trip is complete without a lot of Braai's.   ;D

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »
If you haven't been to South Africa, be sure to add that to your travel list.  I've been a lot of places and I LOVE South Africa.   :D

No trip is complete without a lot of Braai's.   ;D

I've not been but that's probably because Rik has gone a few times as a kid (he had family there) so when we look to travel, we try to hit places we really want to go that neither of us has gone to before...but that is COMPLETELY one place that I really would like to go! But seriously, my colleague talking about his braai room back in SA and the one he's going to build here is KILLING ME! I'm super jealous! haha
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 04:32:45 PM »
I've not been but that's probably because Rik has gone a few times as a kid (he had family there) so when we look to travel, we try to hit places we really want to go that neither of us has gone to before...but that is COMPLETELY one place that I really would like to go! But seriously, my colleague talking about his braai room back in SA and the one he's going to build here is KILLING ME! I'm super jealous! haha

I need to be friends with this guy!  ;D

This is where we stayed.  I can't imagine going anywhere else!  Well, where we stayed for our safari.  We were there for a few weeks in total.  https://www.jocksafarilodge.com/luxury-kruger-national-park-accommodations/jock

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 03:11:18 PM »
I need to be friends with this guy!  ;D

This is where we stayed.  I can't imagine going anywhere else!  Well, where we stayed for our safari.  We were there for a few weeks in total.  https://www.jocksafarilodge.com/luxury-kruger-national-park-accommodations/jock

He is hilarious too. He owns some properties there which he considers his “pension”. You’d like him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab