Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Christmas frustrations  (Read 1337 times)

• Liked: 170
Re: Christmas frustrations
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 08:13:47 PM »
I bought the Daughter three Liberty print dresses we found at H&M, where she'd never been able to shop in the past because she couldn't fit anything. She's lost 35 pounds and tried them on "just to see". Anyway, she fell in love with the dresses (and looked good in them) but has minimal cash, so I told her I'd get them for her for Christmas. She's going to knit me a 1940s-looking sleeveless vest for Christmas. With Stripes. I've always wanted one of those.

End of buying for Christmas. (We did send "exotic" UK stuff in little packages to our friends back home - introduced one to Turkish Delight - but otherwise, that's it!)

Her Birthday is coming up in a month. Now I have NO idea what to get her for that. ::)

I'm so excited - our in-laws are getting us a new kitchen sink!!! We've wanted ours replacing for three years but just have never got round to it. FIL is a plumber, so really it was a no-brainer!

Now to think of what the hell to get my MIL!!!

Oh and my parents a nightmare to get for - they have never moved and are getting divorced and selling the house. Like they need more crap, right?? Last year I donated to charity in their names but this year I'm in a VERY poorly paid job so not keen on them knowing how much I (haven't) spent!

This is why I much prefer Thanksgiving!!!! Same sentiment (being together), less hassle!!!
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2018, 08:44:15 AM »
I'm so excited - our in-laws are getting us a new kitchen sink!!! We've wanted ours replacing for three years but just have never got round to it. FIL is a plumber, so really it was a no-brainer!

Now to think of what the hell to get my MIL!!!

Oh and my parents a nightmare to get for - they have never moved and are getting divorced and selling the house. Like they need more crap, right?? Last year I donated to charity in their names but this year I'm in a VERY poorly paid job so not keen on them knowing how much I (haven't) spent!

This is why I much prefer Thanksgiving!!!! Same sentiment (being together), less hassle!!!

A framed photo of you, your husband, and baby bump sounds perfect to me!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »
To me, it isn't Christmas without tank theory!

Snuck a peak in the closet and have this waiting for Christmas morning!

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 06:26:09 PM »
The other day I was driving on the M40 , near the house of HMS Seahorse, and what do I see IN THE SKY?  A tank like this one, but siting on top of a 5 story self storage facility.  I want to know why!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
Can I also say that I was recently coerced into participating in a "Santa Run"?  This involved everyone donating £10, then putting on a santa costume and then walking / running in a circle.   There's only one way you can get a new santa costume for each person and still have anything left for the charity, and that is if they are sewn by child prisoners in China. 

Sponsored Links