Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Getting a pay raise during the 6 months of payslips  (Read 424 times)

• Liked: 10
Getting a pay raise during the 6 months of payslips
« on: December 11, 2018, 02:29:38 PM »
Hi, I have a question about the 6 months of payslips.

I know that we need to provide 6 months of payslips. We plan on using a combination of salary and savings.

Is it okay if my British spouse received a pay raise during the 6 months? So for the first month of the 6 months we didn't have enough savings to meet the requirement but after her pay raise we do.

I calculated the average while including this lower first month and we have enough savings but I'm just curious if we are able to include it in the 6 months.

• Liked: 154
Re: Getting a pay raise during the 6 months of payslips
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 06:22:19 PM »
Hi I had a pay rise during my six months and I just had my hr explain in the letter that my base wage was xxx up until 01/04/2018 when we had a cost of living raise which brought my salary to xxxx per year.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 06:38:14 PM »
Hi I had a pay rise during my six months and I just had my hr explain in the letter that my base wage was xxx up until 01/04/2018 when we had a cost of living raise which brought my salary to xxxx per year.
Thanks for the response.

Are you paid hourly or salary?

My spouse is paid hourly and as I understand they calculate the average based on the supplied wage slips. I just want to make sure they will include the pre-raise first month in their calculation.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 06:41:22 PM »
Thanks for the response.

Are you paid hourly or salary?

My spouse is paid hourly and as I understand they calculate the average based on the supplied wage slips. I just want to make sure they will include the pre-raise first month in their calculation.

As he is paid hourly, they will simply add up all the payslips (regardless of his wage at that time) divide them by 6 and multiply by 12. As long as the total of that plus the savings you need meets the requirement, you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 12:35:16 AM »
Thanks for the response! We might need to submit 7 payslips as she gets paid monthly. Is it the same principle but they'll just divide by 7 before they multiply by 12?

Also,

I sent my wife some of the savings that we needed to have. So in her account it's about 70% hers and 30% mine. This transfer may show up on the first bank statement that we supply. Does this mean I should/have to include certified copies of 6 months my bank statements or just showing the transfer or none at all?

• Liked: 768
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 10:16:40 AM »
Thanks for the response! We might need to submit 7 payslips as she gets paid monthly. Is it the same principle but they'll just divide by 7 before they multiply by 12?

Also,

I sent my wife some of the savings that we needed to have. So in her account it's about 70% hers and 30% mine. This transfer may show up on the first bank statement that we supply. Does this mean I should/have to include certified copies of 6 months my bank statements or just showing the transfer or none at all?
How long ago did you transfer the money? And how was it transferred?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 03:38:05 PM »
How long ago did you transfer the money? And how was it transferred?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I transferred it in the beginning of September and I used transferwise

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 03:56:05 PM »
I transferred it in the beginning of September and I used transferwise

Personally, I would send 6 (or 7) months of your statements and 6 (or 7) months of her statements... showing that all of the money has been in accounts in your names for the entire 6-month period.

You may be okay with just sending your statements up to September and her statements since September, but I might send a full 6 months of both just to be safe.

Sponsored Links