Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) questions  (Read 1066 times)

• Liked: 35
FLR(M) questions
« on: December 11, 2018, 07:24:06 PM »
I don't need to apply for my FLR until March 2019 but I want to be prepared.  I've read through a few posts but I'm getting confused because some are saying they're doing FLR then they're listing ILR requirements.  I'd rather have my own post with answers from KFdancer & Ksand24 than just upset myself with confusion (no offence to other experts here, these are just the 2 people I remember answering my questions from 2015/16).

I do understand about the "Proof" side of things --- statements, marriage cert, employment letter, etc

My questions are:

1.  Do we have specific links for the FLR(M) paperwork?
2.  Am I sending my expired passport along with the new one?  I renewed before it expired as it would've expired whilst in process of getting initial spousal visa in 2016.
3.  Can I sent spouse's passport instead of copying every page?  We're not going anywhere in the 1st half of 2019.
4.  Will I be sending 2 new passport photo's of me?
4a. Will I be sending 1 new passport of spouse?

P60's normally come out in April but I must reapply in March.

5.  Do we send a 2017 P60?
6.  Do we try to get an early 2018 P60?

Someone posted they were sending a "Life in the UK pass certificate" as part of their FLR.

7.  Isn't this test at the end of the 5 years?

8.  What do they mean by Declaration?
9.  What do they mean by Correspondence?

10.  Where do I go in this country for the Bios & fingerprinting?  I'm in Liverpool area

Lastly (& I'm sure you're thinking "phew" lol)  I remember reading when I did the initial spousal visa in the US that when it came time for the 2nd part I could pay extra if I wanted "same day decision" & could take the application (& all paperwork) directly instead of posting.

11.  Is there a Same Day Decision option?
12.  Is it done at Sheffield office?  Durham office?

Can't say for definite if I would do same day but would like to know as a backup plan in case of any emergencies.

Thank you for all the help you give us all ---we greatly appreciate it.

And thank you for your patience in answering a lot of the same questions over & over again ---we greatly appreciate this too.  :D

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR(M) questions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 08:33:16 PM »
I don't need to apply for my FLR until March 2019 but I want to be prepared.  I've read through a few posts but I'm getting confused because some are saying they're doing FLR then they're listing ILR requirements.

The requirements for FLR(M) and ILR are basically the same, so that may be where some of the confusion is coming from, as I have not noticed anyone listing ILR requirements for an FLR(M) application... as far as I've seen, they are all listing FLR(M) requirements.

The only real difference is that for ILR you do not pay the IHS surcharge and you need to pass the Life in the UK test.

1. FLR(M) is completed as an online form now. The link to the form is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-or-dependent-child-form-flrm

2. You send any passports you have since moving to the UK.

3. You can send your sponsor's actual passport if you like, though it's probably safer to send a copy instead (and most people prefer to send a copy).

4. The requirements may have changed now that you apply online. Previously, it was 2 passport photos of the applicant and one of the sponsor, though I have a feeling you may not need to send any anymore.

5. You would send the 2017-2018 P60 (issued April 2018), though it's not a requirement

6. You can't get an early 2019 P60 as they cannot be issued until the end of the tax year... but that's not a problem. Either send the most recent one you have, or don't send one at all.

7. Life in the UK test certificate is not required for FLR(M) and should not be sent. It is only required for ILR and citizenship

8. The online form has declarations that the sponsor and applicant need to sign

9. Correspondence is your relationship evidence... your 6 items of mail in each name, from 3 official sources, spread evenly over the last 2 years

10, It depends if you apply by post or in person. If you apply in person (£610 extra) you do your biometrics at the in-person appointment. If you apply by post, you do them at a local Post Office (you'll need to check which one(s) near you offers the biometric fingerprinting service)

11. They've just changed the system and it's now a '24-hour' decision. It costs £610 extra. Someone this week received their BRP card about 8 working days after their appointment.

12. As they've just changed the system, I'm not sure which locations offer the service now.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 05:35:02 PM »
Thanks Ksand24, your answers help a lot.  Could I get a bit more clarification on #9, please?

9. Correspondence is your relationship evidence... your 6 items of mail in each name, from 3 official sources, spread evenly over the last 2 years

I will use my bank statements as 1 source.  Am I sending 24 months worth of statements which would be around 48 sheets of paper covering the whole time?  Or do they want just a selected chunk of say every other month but still 2 yrs worth?

What if I have an official source but it's not a continual monthly thing.  Such as a letter from the NHS when I was ill.  It has my name & address on but I've only been sick once (touch wood) since coming over.  Does that count?

Thank you

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 05:53:33 PM »
Thanks Ksand24, your answers help a lot.  Could I get a bit more clarification on #9, please?

I will use my bank statements as 1 source.  Am I sending 24 months worth of statements which would be around 48 sheets of paper covering the whole time?  Or do they want just a selected chunk of say every other month but still 2 yrs worth?

That's not quite how it works. You need 6 documents in each name in total, 1 every 4 months. They need to show that you and your partner have been living together for the entire 2 years.

You can have either 6 joint documents or 12 separate documents, or a combination of both, and they should be original letters sent to you in the post.

For example:
January 2017
1. tenancy agreement in both names (source 1)

April 2017
2. council tax bill in both names (source 2)

August 2017
3. NHS letter in your name (source 3)
3. bank statement in partner's name (source 4)

January 2018
4. water bill in both names (source 5)

April 2018
5. council tax bill in both names

August 2018
6. NHS letter in your name
6. bank statement in his name

Bonus:
Jan 2019
7.  electricity bill in partner's name (source 6)
7. bank statement in your name
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:59:51 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 03:23:09 PM »
Welcome back!

Just as an FYI, currently FLR(M) is being processed in about 4 weeks, which is super quick.  If no imminent travel plans, you may want to save the money on the "faster decision" service.  Check in before you apply to see if it's still that fast. 

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 11:53:01 AM »
Thanks, KFdancer.

The part I wondered about was we're supposed to apply no earlier than 28 days before the initial visa expires.  The first visa took exactly 30 days to process & then 4 days to reach me because UPS refused to honour my paid for overnight/2 day service.  They held it at some warehouse for 2 days; opened & didn't re-seal it so my passport fell out on the porch when the driver flung the parcel at me then ran to his truck.  When I called in a complaint I was told "We do NOT have to deliver within that timeframe if we feel a package is suspect."  When I questioned why she said "That package came from another country.  It could've had a bomb in it."    (almost 2.5 years later & I still remember her exact words.  Sorry---still angry at that.)

Anyroads...back to the 28 days.  If we apply 28 days before & it takes 30+ days for a decision, are we not in violation of overstaying?  For example:  If my expiry was 5 April & I send in 28 days before but they don't decide until 10 April, I'm beyond the date.

Is there a grace period because records would show when we applied?  I'm presuming there's less of a backlog of applicants because we post to Durham instead of Sheffield this time.

Thanks for your help.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 12:23:41 PM »
Nope, you won’t become an overstayer.

As long as your application has been submitted BEFORE your visa expiry date, your current immigration status and right to work is extended while your visa is processing.

The only time you would then become an overstayer is if the visa is refused and you don’t either reapply, lodge an appeal or leave the U.K. within your allowed timeline (which should be 14 days).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 12:44:34 PM »
Yes, as ksand mentioned, as long as you make an in time, valid application, you are protected by section 3C. You can read about it here.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/596771/3C-3D-Leave-v8_0.pdf

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 12:48:07 PM »
Thanks, Ksand24  that's one less thing to worry about.

I've just checked my permit.  It shows date of issue as 21-07-16 & valid until 21-04-19 which to my math is 30 months for spouse visa.  So 28 days before is 24-03-19.

Do you happen to know if we can print out a dummy copy of the form this time?  I like having every written out beforehand so there's no surprises.

Thanks

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 12:50:36 PM »
Thanks for the link, Larrabee!

Sponsored Links