Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Trash monitoring!  (Read 5088 times)

• Liked: 41
Trash monitoring!
« on: December 29, 2018, 01:12:06 PM »
Our tarash cans are located in the car park alongside one of the houses there. Asides from the recent human turd in the car park saga that Heyjay mentioned, it's normally a fairly uneventful place.

Came back today to find one of the older neighbours (that own that house alongside the trash cans) inspecting each can carefully and lining them up in an OCD like manner.  What is it with old people in this country and why do they feel the need to interfere with absolutely everything? Can a man not place items in his trash can without it being subject to routine customs inspection for contraband by the all powerful bin monitor?

Jesus, I find new cases for my 'Get down Dignitas' campaign everyday. Think about it, no Brexit, better NHS, Tories out and way less retirement homes...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 533
Re: Trash monitoring!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 01:51:55 PM »
My neighbour said someone left an AA pamphlet on his recycle bin because there apparently were a lot of wine bottles in it.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 03:07:28 PM »
My neighbour said someone left an AA pamphlet on his recycle bin because there apparently were a lot of wine bottles in it.
My bin mostly has cat turd in it from my litter box cleaning exercise yesterday. Gotta love the AA pamphlet!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 03:12:14 PM »
My bin mostly has cat turd in it...

If someone invented a way to produce power from cat poop, I'd be sorted!  ;D

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 03:19:04 PM »
We could employ the bin monitors to find the best cat poop for use. Cat poop engine fuel service Engineers...

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 03:51:10 PM »
Wow. That's bold and cheeky! We can't recycle glass in ours, we have to bring it to a recycling center (which is thankfully at the sainsburys a 3 minute walk away) so ours is only full of wine bottles and sauce containers!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 05:59:24 PM »
We seem to attract bin obsessed neighbours. In our last house, an elderly neighbour commented on the bin smelling. I not so politely informed him that this is because the council refuses to collect the black bin weekly (biweekly cycle instead) and that, well, bins stink... i nicknamed him "Stinky bin" shortly after.

Actually, come to think of it that's an awesome band name "Stinky bin and the bin monitors". Nobody steal it, when I am famous I won't remember any of you!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 08:30:24 PM »
I'm a wee bit bin-obsessed, but only about my own bins.
I live in a tenement, and there are 3 tenement buildings all sharing a back court, where the bins are stored.
I've had to put a padlock on my general waste bin, because certain neighbours were constantly filling my bin up with their rubbish, leaving no room for my own!  Apparently someone has taken issue to me padlocking my bin, as i regularly find it tipped over, or moved to somewhere i would never have put it,  including one time finding it out in the middle of the road, where cars were having to dodge it.
WTF is wrong with people?

My blue bin, i have to check a couple of times a week to make sure no one else is using it...this one doesn't have a hole to fit a padlock through.  For the blue bin, i don't mind if anyone else uses it, because i don't have enough of that sort of waste to fill it regularly.  So if someone else needs to put their cardboard or cans or newspapers in, I don't mind.  It's when the scum start filling it up with soiled nappies and other smelly, non-recyclable waste, just because their green bin is full... that's when i start going tonto, and will go out there with gloves and pull their crap out of my bin, because the clenny won't collect it if its got the wrong stuff in it.

It actually stresses me out.  I think about it far too often!  [smiley=sick.gif]

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 12:47:53 PM »

Jesus, I find new cases for my 'Get down Dignitas' campaign everyday. Think about it, no Brexit, better NHS, Tories out and way less retirement homes...

Coffin dodgers!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 06:37:38 PM »
We have rubbish inspectors that work for the council. They inspect your rubbish depending on what street you live on. The street next to ours gets inspected but ours doesn't.  If you throw something "illegal " away, they put your trash in a yellow bag and give you a fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 07:08:38 PM »
We have rubbish inspectors that work for the council. They inspect your rubbish depending on what street you live on. The street next to ours gets inspected but ours doesn't.  If you throw something "illegal " away, they put your trash in a yellow bag and give you a fine.

Sounds like the Gestapo... I'd want a refund on my council tax for such a waste of money!

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 07:09:03 PM »
Coffin dodgers!
Get 'em on a 1 way trip to Switzerland!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 11:06:28 AM »

I've heard of such things, but not sure if we have them in our area.
But that's another reason why I am so retentive about my bins!!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 12:03:04 PM »
I like it!

The Chinese have this cool system where you get civic points for doing things like keeping your rubbish straight.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 676
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2018, 12:19:42 PM »

Eeeehh?

Sponsored Links