Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Trash monitoring!  (Read 5079 times)

• Liked: 768
Re: Trash monitoring!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 01:19:44 PM »
Eeeehh?
You get an allotment of council provided purple rubbish bags. On garbage collection day, the inspector walks the streets inspecting for illegal garbage in the bags. If he finds anything, it gets placed in a yellow bag and you get a fine in the post.

Our street doesn't get bags but we have council provided bins so we don't get inspected.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 672
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 01:22:27 PM »
Illegal garbage.

That's so... strange!

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 01:25:02 PM »
I'm a wee bit bin-obsessed, but only about my own bins.
I live in a tenement, and there are 3 tenement buildings all sharing a back court, where the bins are stored.
I've had to put a padlock on my general waste bin, because certain neighbours were constantly filling my bin up with their rubbish, leaving no room for my own!  Apparently someone has taken issue to me padlocking my bin, as i regularly find it tipped over, or moved to somewhere i would never have put it,  including one time finding it out in the middle of the road, where cars were having to dodge it.
WTF is wrong with people?

My blue bin, i have to check a couple of times a week to make sure no one else is using it...this one doesn't have a hole to fit a padlock through.  For the blue bin, i don't mind if anyone else uses it, because i don't have enough of that sort of waste to fill it regularly.  So if someone else needs to put their cardboard or cans or newspapers in, I don't mind.  It's when the scum start filling it up with soiled nappies and other smelly, non-recyclable waste, just because their green bin is full... that's when i start going tonto, and will go out there with gloves and pull their crap out of my bin, because the clenny won't collect it if its got the wrong stuff in it.

It actually stresses me out.  I think about it far too often!  [smiley=sick.gif]

The thought of a glitterbomb comes to mind here. Like the one they used on the porchpirates in the States.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/18/18146089/mark-rober-porch-pirate-bait-package-glitter-bomb-fart-spray

Ahhh, the satisfaction.... ;) ;)

• Liked: 41
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 01:51:39 PM »
The thought of a glitterbomb comes to mind here. Like the one they used on the porchpirates in the States.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/18/18146089/mark-rober-porch-pirate-bait-package-glitter-bomb-fart-spray

Ahhh, the satisfaction.... ;) ;)
I like this idea a lot!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 06:38:02 PM »
Wouldn't it be fun? A stink bomb or something that sprayed the dye they use in the bank money bags to deter bank robbers? The more you wash it, the less likely it is to come off your skin....and a ton of glitter. Everywhere.  ;D

• Liked: 41
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2018, 06:42:40 PM »
Wouldn't it be fun? A stink bomb or something that sprayed the dye they use in the bank money bags to deter bank robbers? The more you wash it, the less likely it is to come off your skin....and a ton of glitter. Everywhere.  ;D
Should put a nice stop to the bin inspections!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 03:40:13 PM »
When we were in Switzerland, they had INSANE amounts of CCTV cameras in the car park and around the community bins which you had to take all your rubbish too.  We were told that if there is an "illegal" item in a bin (aluminum in the plastic bin) that they watch the film back and fine the registered owner of the vehicle.  No idea how true it is but a bit OTT to say the least. 

Sounds like the perfect job for your neighbor Dave!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 03:57:31 PM »
When we were in Switzerland, they had INSANE amounts of CCTV cameras in the car park and around the community bins which you had to take all your rubbish too.  We were told that if there is an "illegal" item in a bin (aluminum in the plastic bin) that they watch the film back and fine the registered owner of the vehicle.  No idea how true it is but a bit OTT to say the least. 

Sounds like the perfect job for your neighbor Dave!

But everything was pristine wasn't it?

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2019, 04:20:51 PM »
But everything was pristine wasn't it?

Not going to lie, it was pretty funny.  We were on the border of Italy and Switzerland.  Loads and loads of tunnels around the lakes.  In Switzerland, inside the tunnel the satnav and radio would work.  Excellent ventilation systems, loads of signs, etc.  In Italy, inside the tunnels was a whole different world.  You could EASILY tell which country you were in, just by the tunnels.  ;)

I really liked where we were.  The efficiency of Switzerland with the hospitality of Italy.  Will definitely go back.

I have no issue with the sorting of the items.  It was just a bit of pressure to get it right - especially as I don't speak Italian or German!  We just got back from Spain and it was a whole other level of recycling.  We never could figure out where to put dirty nappies.  We finally resorted to putting them in the bins on the streets (like public rubbish bins, versus the household ones).  The only options were organic, plastic, aluminum, and glass.  Where does genuine trash go?  Such as a nappy.   :o
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 04:27:41 PM by KFdancer »

• Liked: 716
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2019, 04:22:40 PM »
Illegal garbage.

That's so... strange!

I remember an episode of Countryfile a year or so back where they highlighted the problem of illegal garbage in the garden waste. They showed farmers’ fields strewn with cans and stuff because people were sticking all sorts of stuff in their garden waste bins, and the recycling company was not sorting the waste before crushing and shredding it en masse before distributing it to farmers as organic mulch.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 957
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 04:35:56 PM »
I remember an episode of Countryfile a year or so back where they highlighted the problem of illegal garbage in the garden waste. They showed farmers’ fields strewn with cans and stuff because people were sticking all sorts of stuff in their garden waste bins, and the recycling company was not sorting the waste before crushing and shredding it en masse before distributing it to farmers as organic mulch.
Wow.... That's really disturbing :( It's no wonder there's so much plastic in our food supply now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 09:50:28 AM »
Okay, I've cleaned this thread up, as it was not nice reading.  Please try and remember that real people read these threads.   Discrimination humour is not considered funny , in any way, shape or form. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 716
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2019, 04:19:52 PM »
Okay, I've cleaned this thread up, as it was not nice reading.  Please try and remember that real people read these threads.   Discrimination humour is not considered funny , in any way, shape or form.

Thanks for cleaning out the trash in the trash can thread.  :)
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab