Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hmmm. How much diet is needed, really?  (Read 2495 times)

• Liked: 676
Re: Hmmm. How much diet is needed, really?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 11:45:28 PM »
Not a whole lot older than that, no. Of course, mentally, she was 45 the day she was born.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:16:29 AM by Nan D. »

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 01:12:03 PM »
As to the Daughter, she made so much progress bringing her weight down, and is so happy with the result, that she wants to go "full steam ahead" to get to the target weight. She looks better now than she has in 20 years.

Yeah, sorry my whole post wasn't to knock anything, as I think her current food intake looks quite healthy, but it was more to say that whenever I see someone drastically cut calories* that it makes me so sad and raises red flags for me.  Quite often diets backfire and lead to slowed metabolism and really negative mindsets about food and that it just makes me sad that people want to do it.    Sounds like she's already doing really well with a sensible diet. 

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0030/154983/wtmgt_dietingcycle.pdf

*I do know that there is some evidence in 800 calories/day for putting Type 2 diabetes into remission, but shouldn't be long term things and should be under a doctor's supervision to make sure full nutrients aren't missing
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 02:45:04 PM »
Yeah, the Newcastle diet for type 2 diabetes has had a lot of good luck for people who can then also really stick to a reduced calorie diet. Unfortunately, there are more causes for type 2 than just being overweight, it seems.  :(

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 03:58:20 PM »
Yes, there are many causes of Type 2 Diabetes, many still unknown/not correlated/confirmed. If it were just overweight related, than it would be 'easy' to fix. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 04:02:20 PM »
A humble brag of a daughter who is proud of her father.  Six years ago my dad decided to simply use My Fitness Pal to eat more sensibly and in moderation.  He lost 100 pounds and has kept it off.  He had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes.  He has NONE of that now and is on zero medication.  His doctor has said he is the poster boy of "taking his health into his own hands".  I know things aren't always weight related but for him, they were.  He's not extreme, doesn't deny himself anything, just thinks before he eats and does a bit more exercise if he's overdone it.  I'm very proud.    [smiley=smitten.gif]

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 08:34:28 PM »
Oh, by the way, the Newcastle Diet?

IT WORKED!  ;D

Sponsored Links