Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A Happy Unintroduction!  (Read 821 times)

• going to a warmer place
  • Liked: 0
A Happy Unintroduction!
« on: June 05, 2003, 02:01:55 PM »
Before I ever had time to settle in to this cozy forum, but with NO regrets, I'm off! Hooray! I have been headhunted, out of the blue (I certainly haven't been looking for work!) on recommendation from a colleague from over 10 years ago, I have been signed sealed and delivered to the Malaga area of Spain! Oh joy, oh, happy day, oh shall wonders never cease! The sun, the sun, the warm people, the sun, the worship of children, the low low cost of living compared to here, the language (oh, I am so rusty!) the sun.... backflips all around, oh, and a round of the best bitter for all!!!! I leave mid-November, just in time to recuperate from the evr shortening days!

• Garden Butterflies
Re: A Happy Unintroduction!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 02:42:12 PM »
Hi Lili, I am glad to see you are so happy with new job...  congrats!  ;D...  I am a bit confused on your unintroduction though?  Where are you from?  etc. etc. etc, curious minds wish to know...  whats your story please?

Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 04:07:00 PM »
TAKE ME WITH YOU!!! Please?  ;D

Okay you must have a load of tapas for me and run your feet in the Med. sand.  (Ignoring the cigarette butts)

Congrats!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 06:31:46 PM »
LOL!  Well enjoy Malaga.  :D  Both of my bossess own homes there...and they're ususally up there (guess who they make book the flights?  :'() about once a month.  Lucky sods. :)

Hehehe, you're gonna end up with a bunch of sun-starved Americans flying out to visit you.  ;D
wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

• going to a warmer place
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2003, 08:16:10 PM »
For those who don't remember me, well, I AM rather forgettable, um.... I'm the one from the desert, the chick with the donkey blanket and sombrero... ha ha... I had Speedy as my mascot, because that was the closest thing resembling me... well, no, now I am sickly pale after a long winter and I've accidently Bozo'd my hair, but they didn't have Bozo... I'm in Shere, Surrey, where it's finally warm enough for tourists to be passing under my bedroom window so I finally have someone to chuck these water balloons at.

Americans in Costa Del Sol? I thought it was a British dependency.. ha ha...

Do I have to type "ha ha"?... it's just like the canned laughter on very unfunny sitcoms... the difference being I'm not paid to write this crap, and you don't get relief from my writing through mercifully long commercial breaks.

Is anyone up for meeting in Surrey? Coffee? Guildford? I know a few lovely tucked away cafes, bistros, tapas bars...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab