Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Denny's Glasgow - Don't do it to yourself  (Read 9058 times)

• Liked: 676
Re: Denny's Glasgow - Don't do it to yourself
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2019, 06:50:05 PM »
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2019, 07:49:58 PM »
Whoever is in charge of this car crash should be ashamed of themselves..

Who is in charge?

• Liked: 768
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2019, 07:56:52 PM »
Whoever is in charge of this car crash should be ashamed of themselves..

Who is in charge?
My guess? No one. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2019, 07:59:48 PM »
Beats me! I never got a response to my email complaint and refund demand of UK corporate!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2019, 10:41:10 AM »

That article says that the employees were working 52 hours a week, stopping at 3am and expected to be back at 6am.  Sounds like no one is lacking in "hustle" or "get up and go".  Evidence points to what I said earlier, managerial incompetence. 

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2019, 05:41:13 PM »
That article says that the employees were working 52 hours a week, stopping at 3am and expected to be back at 6am.  Sounds like no one is lacking in "hustle" or "get up and go".  Evidence points to what I said earlier, managerial incompetence.

Does that all not seriously violate labor laws here?

I would think the injury at work would have triggered the equivalent of US Workman's Comp? Or is there not a similar protection here?

The source the article quoted sure did have an axe to grind, however much deserved. So I always have to take an article like this with a grain of salt. The photos were pretty damning, though.  And yeah, the management was awful when we were in there. The people "working" weren't doing much actual working. For whatever reason. And whatever supervision they should have been having, didn't appear to be happening.  That place is going to tank, for sure!

And here's another review https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/lifestyle/winter-in-the-city/17404652.ron-mackenna-review-dennys-renfrew-disappointing-parody-of-the-american-diner-dream/?ref=mr&lp=8
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 06:57:58 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 585
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2019, 11:44:31 AM »
Glasgow Denny's was reviewed in the Herald magazine yesterday.  It scored 8 out of 30 and was summarised 'this isn't the American diner dream - it's a grubby, expensive grasping parody'.

• Liked: 768

• Liked: 585
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2022, 07:58:54 AM »
Nan, i thought you might like to know... after being closed for 2 years over COVID, the Denny's has re-opened as a Big Licks ice cream parlour!  ;D

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2022, 05:35:16 PM »
Oh, thank goodness!  8) ;)

We've a Dennys not far from us, but don't go in often as the Covid rate here is still unacceptable and the place is usually packed. But we did go by a few times when it wasn't busy, so we went in. Same Dennys as on the West Coast. Tasty, but the menu is a bit limited due to supply chain snafus. And it bears no resemblance to that travesty foisted on an unsuspecting Glasgow.

I still miss Scotland. We have a lovely flat here, and a good car, and the daughter has a suitable-while-looking-for-something-better part-time job.  I have just gotten a second (and much larger) plot in the community garden where I spend a lot of my evenings. The new space was basically an abandoned one nobody wanted. Soil has a hell of a crust on it, but once that's broken it drains fast. (VERY different from our perpetually-damp other space.) I had the soil tested and someone had gone nuts with fertilizer, it seems. The pH is (artificially) above 7.0. It's also very clay-ish. But all that can be fixed with time and the right components. (I may need to buy a small peat moss farm!)  It was also covered in weeds - in the spots where anything would grow at all - so I've spent most of my time just forking it all over and getting the weeds out. The weeds are the start of a rather epic compost pile. We now have tomatoes and peppers planted out, and the daughter's corn is starting to come up. There's enough room there for pumpkins to ramble, so those will be going out next week. So, overall, I get to play in the dirt and it's no more expensive here (much less so for some things) than in Scotland, but I really still do miss living there. Especially the climate - no really brutal winters or scorching summers. And the cheap food prices/delivery at Tesco. And not needing sunglasses. Oh, well .... I guess Scotland'll just be another fond memory, though. Except for the Denny's.   8) ;D ;D

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2022, 08:27:10 AM »
And not needing sunglasses.
  Sigh.  My car has cool little hideaway where you can store your sunglasses.  Haven't used it yet as there's no sun and I can't afford to drive my car anymore. 

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2022, 05:18:17 PM »
Well, unless they raise taxes substantially (getting blood out of a rock there?) to pay to fix the roads that need fixing that they are not fixing now because they've spent the money elsewhere, you're not going to want to drive anyway. ;)

There's always the train... oh, wait, maybe not a good idea. 8) ::)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2022, 07:04:54 PM »
If they were to legalise weed here and tax the hell out of it, they could quickly earn some cash!  Massachusetts road infrastructure is looking absolutely great now that they have all the cannabis tax money!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 37
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2022, 08:09:38 AM »
  Sigh.  My car has cool little hideaway where you can store your sunglasses.  Haven't used it yet as there's no sun and I can't afford to drive my car anymore.

My car has a little hideaway for my sunglasses but they too big and don’t fit.....instead I keep my Chargeplace scotland card in it.  Finally had to put petrol in it yesterday....luckily was at Costco so it was cheaper...put £15 in.  The £25 I put in April 9 finally got used up and got me just over 1700 miles.....love my car  ;D.  Started vaping to cut down on cigarettes....now a pack lasting 2 -2 1/2 days instead of a pack a day.....if I gave up bingo I’d be rich ... ::)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab