Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Got me some tickets!  (Read 2434 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Got me some tickets!
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2019, 11:07:45 AM »
I wasn't sure what you were getting.  Quality knives can cost quite a bit.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 672
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 11:11:08 AM »
I wasn't sure what you were getting.  Quality knives can cost quite a bit.

Oh, don't I know it! I almost had a heart attack when I saw the prices.

But no, nothing of that quality - I'd never use those these days. When the Daughter was young we always had a house full of teenagers over every weekend and I ended up becoming a mini-restaurant. But these days it's primarily just us. I get really tired of trying to do food prep with mediocre utensils, though, and so I'm going to pick up some nicer ones.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2019, 11:16:35 AM »
A set of really good knives is something my husband wants to treat himself to once we have a kitchen again.  I'm already sad at the cost.  But we've spent stupider money on less useful things, I suppose.   ::)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2019, 11:34:04 AM »
We wandered into a sale in a home goods store and treated ourselves to 70% off knives. Still not cheap, but the quality is so good. My husband can cut bread straight now Good knives are worth it but much more affordable in the US.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2019, 11:29:21 PM »
I brought kitchen knives back in checked luggage with me. No issues.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2019, 06:32:49 PM »
So,

About laptops. I know I brought my laptop over with me when we moved here a few years ago. But I had a raging case of the flu (bad me for getting on a plane like that, but I was exhausted and not thinking properly at the time) and don't remember the protocol. Or maybe the Daughter had it in her luggage, not sure.  Do I need to do anything special with the laptop to go through security? It'll be in my carry-on. Or, rather, it IS my carry-on. I assume it should be fully charged up and also have the cord with it in case they want to turn it on or anything?

• Liked: 957
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »
So,

About laptops. I know I brought my laptop over with me when we moved here a few years ago. But I had a raging case of the flu (bad me for getting on a plane like that, but I was exhausted and not thinking properly at the time) and don't remember the protocol. Or maybe the Daughter had it in her luggage, not sure.  Do I need to do anything special with the laptop to go through security? It'll be in my carry-on. Or, rather, it IS my carry-on. I assume it should be fully charged up and also have the cord with it in case they want to turn it on or anything?
They've never turned on my laptop! It goes in your carry on but may need to be removed to pass through the scanner so have it easily accessible. Because of the batteries it has to go carry on, and given how much they toss around luggage I wouldn't want it checked! Power cord can be checked but I've never bothered.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2019, 07:26:40 PM »
We are flying Aer Lingus regional airline to Dublin, so it pretty much IS my carry-on. (They only allow really small bags on those puddle-jumpers.)  The bag unzips and lays flat, so I assume I'll just unzip it and lay it flat on the conveyor belt, unless directed otherwise.

On the good side, we clear US immigration/customs in the Dublin Airport, so we land in LAX at Terminal Two (domestic) and can just grab our suitcases off the line when they come up and hit the door to the rental car place.

OOOOOooooo, getting sooo excited, like a little kid. Not too many days now and we're going home to Randy's Donuts and the land of the fore-arm sized carne asada burrito!  ;D

• Liked: 768
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2019, 07:53:56 PM »
We are flying Aer Lingus regional airline to Dublin, so it pretty much IS my carry-on. (They only allow really small bags on those puddle-jumpers.)  The bag unzips and lays flat, so I assume I'll just unzip it and lay it flat on the conveyor belt, unless directed otherwise.

On the good side, we clear US immigration/customs in the Dublin Airport, so we land in LAX at Terminal Two (domestic) and can just grab our suitcases off the line when they come up and hit the door to the rental car place.

OOOOOooooo, getting sooo excited, like a little kid. Not too many days now and we're going home to Randy's Donuts and the land of the fore-arm sized carne asada burrito!  ;D
It will need to be removed from any bag and placed in a separate bin.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2019, 08:16:32 PM »
Thanks.

Sponsored Links