Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: That visiting feeling...  (Read 6800 times)

• Liked: 216
Re: That visiting feeling...
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2019, 01:57:59 PM »
I've just moved to the Northwest as well (Ulverston) and am definitely feeling that in limbo visitor/resident feeling. Before I moved permanently, I was visiting my fiancé every other month so I'd spent about 6 months in the town in total before actually moving here. Which has been a great help as I already know the place in a way, but I think it'll be awhile before I feel rooted here. Penrith is lovely by the way! We scoped out a few places there for our wedding but decided it was a touch too far from our home. We're putting the deposit on a venue in Newby Bridge this Saturday.  :D

Yay! Another Northerner!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I think we drove through Ulverston once heading towards Barrow. Yeah, Penrith is a touch far if you’re needing to access home during your wedding festivities.

I’m definitely starting to feel less of a visitor and more of a resident. Though I don’t think I’ll ever feel 100% as though I truly belong here. I’ll settle for 90% if I can get there! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 216
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2019, 01:59:43 PM »
My wife recently found an older half sister she never knew existed, adopted at birth in 1949, 3 years before my wife's parents met. My wife's father had obviously had a relationship with a 19 year old girl on the next street to where he lived, he was aged 24 at the time and fresh out of the Navy. This lady has had a wonderful life, has been married 49 years herself and has children. They all live in Cornwall but moved there 52 years ago from where she and her adoptive parents lived in Manchester. She says that even though it has been 52 years since they moved she and her children, who were born in Cornwall, have always been ribbed about being outsiders.

She was absolutely delighted to see that her father was a Cornishman and comes from a long line of Cornishmen going back hundreds of years, and her credentials as a "local" are very well documented.  They found one another through DNA testing and are both delighted to have found new family members. We should be meeting her and her husband next month as we will be in Cornwall for a couple of days on our way back from the Scilly Isles.

Wow!! That’s such a cool story. That’s very exciting! :)

Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 5
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2019, 05:10:06 PM »
Yay! Another Northerner!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I think we drove through Ulverston once heading towards Barrow. Yeah, Penrith is a touch far if you’re needing to access home during your wedding festivities.

I’m definitely starting to feel less of a visitor and more of a resident. Though I don’t think I’ll ever feel 100% as though I truly belong here. I’ll settle for 90% if I can get there! LOL!

Haha I know, there's not a ton of us!  ;D Thank you! And yeah you probably would have, Barrow's about 20 minutes from us. My fiancé works there, but Ulverston had more of the community vibe we were hoping for. We moved from Glasgow so it was quite a shock at first! But we love it now.

And yeah 85-90% I would call a massive success! Haha   ;)
Visa: Fiancée Visa (Settlement - Marriage) Non-Priority
Application Submitted Online: 02 Feb 2019
Biometrics: 06 Feb 2019
Documents Received in Sheffield: 07 Mar 2019 / 21WD
Decision Made: 11 April 2019 / 46WD

Arrived on Fiancé Visa: 18 April 2019
Wedding: 1 August 2019
FLR(M) Application: 17 September 2019
Biometrics (Manchester): 4 October 2019
Result: Approved: 4 November 2019

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab