Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applied for my first job there  (Read 820 times)

• Moving to London area late 2019 - early 2020
    • Our band - Ockham's Razor
  • Liked: 42
Applied for my first job there
« on: January 11, 2019, 10:59:56 PM »
OMG, I just applied for my first job in the UK.   :o

It was totally unexpected. On our internal home page at work, in the bottom corner they have a feed of "Jobs You Might Be Interested In". And when I saw it was in the UK and had ALL the areas of interest for me I emailed my husband and said "I knew I shouldn't have looked. This is what came up on my feed today. Darn it." And his response, surprisingly, was "Well.... you should apply for it!" haha 

The only reason I've been waiting to apply for anything is because he keeps saying he wants to put out one more album with his band her and have a year to perform and tour with it. So I wasn't expecting to apply for anything until next year.

So, I sent everything to our HR for the position and let my bosses know. One of them came over and said "WOW that job looks perfect for you! If I had seen it, I would have emailed it to you!" She is all excited because she knows this new position checks all my boxes of interest.

The position is in London but the head of the department (who is the hiring manager) is in Los Angeles (and I'm in Seattle). Looks like they are building out a UK department because there are a number of other (higher up) positions for the same location that he's hiring for.

We'll see! If anything this will give me a good experience applying for a different position within my company overseas and maybe what hiring managers will be looking for in order to sponsor someone to move. Fingers crossed though. But part of me is also scared that if I get it having to move a year sooner then expected and having a house full of stuff we'd have to sell in short notice. :) I guess if thats the worst thing I have to worry about, I'm not doing too bad.

• Liked: 113
Re: Applied for my first job there
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 09:48:53 AM »
Good luck! It looks like you have a lot of support so crossing fingers for you.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 1892
Re: Applied for my first job there
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 11:56:27 AM »

Man, if you can swing an expat relocation package that would be even better.  Make them ship your car!

Sponsored Links