Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New York > Norwich. Spouse Visa timeline.  (Read 4280 times)

• Liked: 10
Re: New York > Norwich. Spouse Visa timeline.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 02:06:17 PM »
Thanks Boydi, that's perfect and sets my mind at ease. Thanks for the link for the form, I'll get everything sorted to do that tomorrow.
One more thing to cross off the list  ;)
Priority Spousal visa for my wife.
Married March 2018
Online Application submitted Feb 11 2019
Biometrics appointment Feb 20
Full package sent Feb 22
Received at NY hub Feb 25
Email from Sheffield to say they'd received application Feb 27
Email from Sheffield to say decision made March 18
Decision  - Approved :) Passport with Visa received March 19

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2019, 04:49:21 PM »
Okay, we're getting closer and closer to actually being able to finally get our application and all supporting stuff submitted.
Hopefully we'll get the online form submitted and biometrics booked in the next few days. Then I'm flying over next weekend bringing all the rest of my sponsor's documents and to help in getting everything together. We did end up speaking to a UK immigration lawyer regards a few worries we had which actually set our minds at rest and was well worth it.

A couple of points -

My wife needs to supply 2 passport photos, am I right in thinking these have to be a specific UK size? If so, any suggestions of where in the US to get these? Any particular photo booths that allow customising the size?

Regards the final bank statement I need (that shows my last pay slip deposit), my statements run from the 10th of the month to the 9th of the following month. Typically I'm flying out on the 10th so I will be away when my statement is delivered.  So I plan to go to my local HSBC branch on Saturday the 9th and hopefully they can print me one there that they can verify? If for any unforseen reason there's a problem with this would it be okay to go to any HSBC branch once I'm in the US and do similar? I seem to recall reading in another thread that HSBC won't stamp self printed statements or something which seems a bit odd, I guess I just need something else to worry about, ha ha. Any clarification on this?
Married March 2018
Full package sent Feb 22

• It's never too late to live happily ever after
  • Liked: 219
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 02:14:41 PM »
Okay, we're getting closer and closer to actually being able to finally get our application and all supporting stuff submitted.

Best of luck with your visa... that is a long time to be apart..hope she get's home quickly
Found My Soulmate 12/2017
Engaged : 6/15/2018
Married : 10/28/2018
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 11/19/2018
Biometrics appointment : 11/23/2018
Docs sent to NY : 11/23/2018
Doc received in NY : 11/26/2018
Docs received in Sheffield email :12/21/2018
Email requesting proof of Priority Service : 1/26/2019
Email stating "technical issue which is delaying this application : 1/30/2019
Email requesting bank statements to be re-sent : 2/14/2019
2nd Email requesting bank statements: 3/4/19
Decision made email: 3/6/19
Visa : YESS 3/7/19 (70BD)

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 08:59:20 PM »
Thanks a lot MrsPoetryMan, yes it is a long time but we're at the final hurdle now so hopefully not much longer. Likewise I hope you get your positive Visa decision very soon.

Okay folks, a very quick question.

We're (hopefully) about to submit our online application, pay for everything and book our biometrics appointment this evening.

Looking at the order we need to do everything from info we've gathered from this forum -

1. Research the visa requirements and gather ALL the documents
2. Print and fill out Appendix 2 (usually while gathering the documents)
3. Complete the online application (you can save as you go - it stays active for I think 120 days after you start it)
4. Submit the online application, where you will be directed to pay for the visa, pay the IHS surcharge, and book your biometrics at a USCIS ASC (NOT a Premium Centre)... the date you do this is your official application date.
5. Print your online application and biometrics appointment confirmation sheet
6. Go to the VFS Global website and purchase priority processing and/or shipping labels, and upload your documents if you are choosing to.
7. Attend your biometrics appointment, taking your passport and printed confirmation sheet (they will stamp the sheet at the appointment
8. Place your passport and the stamped sheet in your package and mail it to New York within 5 days of biometrics
9. Wait for the visa to be processed and your passport and documents to be mailed back to you.

Do we have to do step number 6 directly after number 5 (as in the same day), or can we do that any time between now and the biometrics appointment. I ask because I'm flying form the UK to the States on Sunday and bringing all my remaining supporting docs with me. So we won't be able to get the whole package together until then, we just wanted to get the whole process going so that hopefully I can be in town when my wife has the biometrics and I can help in getting everything together, mailed etc. I hope that makes sense.

Also no one answered this from a post or two back so just thought I'd ask again.

My wife needs to supply 2 passport photos? Am I right in thinking these have to be a specific UK size? If so, any suggestions of where in the US to get these? Any particular photo booths that allow customising the size?

Many thanks in advance for any clarification.

Married March 2018
Full package sent Feb 22

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 09:10:59 PM »
Thanks a lot MrsPoetryMan, yes it is a long time but we're at the final hurdle now so hopefully not much longer. Likewise I hope you get your positive Visa decision very soon.

Okay folks, a very quick question.

We're (hopefully) about to submit our online application, pay for everything and book our biometrics appointment this evening.

Looking at the order we need to do everything from info we've gathered from this forum -

Do we have to do step number 6 directly after number 5 (as in the same day), or can we do that any time between now and the biometrics appointment. I ask because I'm flying form the UK to the States on Sunday and bringing all my remaining supporting docs with me. So we won't be able to get the whole package together until then, we just wanted to get the whole process going so that hopefully I can be in town when my wife has the biometrics and I can help in getting everything together, mailed etc. I hope that makes sense.

Also no one answered this from a post or two back so just thought I'd ask again.

My wife needs to supply 2 passport photos? Am I right in thinking these have to be a specific UK size? If so, any suggestions of where in the US to get these? Any particular photo booths that allow customising the size?

Many thanks in advance for any clarification.

Actually, your partner shouldn't submit the application until they have all of their evidence in hand and ready to be sent off to New York. It's unlikely but if you became unable to travel for whatever reason then that could be a problem as the package should be sent within 5 days of attending biometrics.

Once the application has been submitted it's advisable to move on with the vfs purchases sooner rather than later because there can be delays in receiving the receipts that sometimes take a day or two to resolve.

I'm not sure if passport pics are still required since the system changed but UK or US size is fine if they are.

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2019, 09:31:42 PM »
Thanks as always larabee for the very quick response.

Yeah, we'll take your good advice and wait until I'm there and we have everything together and in hand. I'm sure nothing untoward will happen that will delay me that much but then again who knows these days with airlines, airports, crazy weather, industrial action and whatever else so it would be prudent to wait. I guess after so long a couple more days isn't going to make much difference  ;)
Assuming we get everything submitted on Sunday or Monday I'm hoping the biometrics appointment will be within a week or so? I'm over until the 24th so we're really hoping we can have everything done and sent off before I leave.
And thanks for the photo info.
Married March 2018
Full package sent Feb 22

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2019, 09:34:34 PM »
Thanks as always larabee for the very quick response.

Yeah, we'll take your good advice and wait until I'm there and we have everything together and in hand. I'm sure nothing untoward will happen that will delay me that much but then again who knows these days with airlines, airports, crazy weather, industrial action and whatever else so it would be prudent to wait. I guess after so long a couple more days isn't going to make much difference  ;)
Assuming we get everything submitted on Sunday or Monday I'm hoping the biometrics appointment will be within a week or so? I'm over until the 24th so we're really hoping we can have everything done and sent off before I leave.
And thanks for the photo info.

It only takes one volcano...  ::)

Yes, you should easily be able to book a biometric appointment within a week.  :)

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 07:08:22 PM »
okay, I'm here in the states and we're currently trying to submit our application.

We've double triple checked everything and hit submit, booked the biometrics BUT when we get to the paying the IHS surcharge under visa route it comes up as Settlement even though we're doing a Spousal visa.
Going back or application page we see it does actually say 'Settlement wife', I have no idea how we've done this as I'm 100% sure we filled everything in properly. All I can think is that when we originally started the time limit on our application ran out so we started over and somehow didn't select the correct box or something. Who knows, all I know is we're currently freaking out as we don't seem able to change it or even delete the form and start over.
We haven't paid for anything yet.

Just hoping someone is online and can help!!!!
Married March 2018
Full package sent Feb 22

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 07:09:40 PM »
You are on the correct page!

You should be paying for settlement priority processing.  And your application should be "settlement, settlement, wife", assuming you are the wife.  ;D

Panic over!

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 07:11:14 PM »
okay, I'm here in the states and we're currently trying to submit our application.

We've double triple checked everything and hit submit, booked the biometrics BUT when we get to the paying the IHS surcharge under visa route it comes up as Settlement even though we're doing a Spousal visa.
Going back or application page we see it does actually say 'Settlement wife', I have no idea how we've done this as I'm 100% sure we filled everything in properly. All I can think is that when we originally started the time limit on our application ran out so we started over and somehow didn't select the correct box or something. Who knows, all I know is we're currently freaking out as we don't seem able to change it or even delete the form and start over.
We haven't paid for anything yet.

Just hoping someone is online and can help!!!!

Settlement is what you need.  :)
If the applicant is the wife, it's settlement, settlement, wife.
If the applicant is the husband then it's settlement, settlement, husband.

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 07:57:00 PM »
Phew!!!!! Thanks, we really appreciate it.
Stress levels are going through the roof here.
I'm not sure they could make things any more confusing.
Plus of course we had issues with card payments being inexplicably declined, however,  we have FINALLY paid the surcharge and the visa charge.
Getting there slowly.

Deep breaths...

Is it too early for a stiff drink?
Married March 2018
Full package sent Feb 22

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2019, 08:01:31 PM »
Plus of course we had issues with card payments being inexplicably declined, however,  we have FINALLY paid the surcharge and the visa charge.
Getting there slowly.

Deep breaths...

Sounds like the perfect time!  ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 09:20:41 PM »
Getting there slowly.

Deep breaths...

Well past 5pm here.  ;D

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2019, 12:24:46 AM »
Okay, a few days later.
Quick update...
We finished, submitted, printed out and paid for our online application on the 11th.
Paid the IHS surcharge. (the receipt we have to include in our final packet is a print of the email confirmation they sent?)
We booked the biometrics appointment which is tomorrow.
We think (hope) we have all our supporting documents and wotnot sorted (will post a final list for checking later)
So hope to have everything done, dusted and posted by the end of the week.

The only concern I have regarding our supporting docs is my final bank statement. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I flew from the UK on Sunday the 10th which is the date my statement is due (it would have arrived at my house back home a few days later).
I went into my local HSBC branch on Saturday the 9th explaining I needed that statement for my application and could they print and verify a copy for me. The guy I spoke to did print me off a copy which ran from Jan 10th to feb 9th on headed paper. it said 'temporary statement' on it. However, he said he was unable to either officially stamp each page or supply a cover letter. He said they weren't allowed and it's a global policy with HSBC. Upon arriving here my full statement was available to download from my account page so I have printed the PDF. Apart from a tiny barcode on the edge of each page it looks just the same as the statements I get sent in the mail. As it appears impossible to get this verified by the bank I'm guessing the only option I have is to include this AND the temp statement they printed in the bank as obviously all transactions are the same. Seems the only other possible avenue is to go into a branch over here in New York but if this is a global policy it's probably a waste of time?
The guy in my local branch said "we get asked this all the time so I don't understands why they ask for this, they know our policy"
Hmmmm...

Married March 2018
Full package sent Feb 22

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2019, 08:53:18 PM »
Just got back from biometrics so now my wife has the stamped biometrics confirmation sheet ( one step closer). So now we just need to gather everything, get out priority labels etc and send (can't come soon enough).

They gave us a sheet of info saying 'Effective 08 Jan. 2019'
One of the things it said was -

Supporting documents should be photocopies  and organised in the following order.

I know this has been discussed on here endlessly but we're still really confused by this. Like for the last few months we've been doing the best to make sure everything is an original and now they're just happy ( and would prefer) photocopies of everything?  So do I need to go and photocopy all my bank statements to send?
My tenancy agreement from my landlord is in a small bound folder. Should I just photocopy each page to send? Marriage certificate and previous divorce decree absolute, they just need to be photocopies too?
Apologies if I'm just going over old ground here, it just seems there's so much conflicting info out there. We don't want to get anything wrong at the last hurdle.
We did just call the premium rate UK visa helpline but to be honest the guy seemed a bit vague and said to send both the originals and copies which also seems to go against what others say and isn't on the info sheet we were just given.

I'm not sure it's possible for them to make things more confusing  ::) ???
Married March 2018
Full package sent Feb 22

Sponsored Links