Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New York > Norwich. Spouse Visa timeline.  (Read 4288 times)

• Liked: 6111
Re: New York > Norwich. Spouse Visa timeline.
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2019, 08:57:26 PM »
Just got back from biometrics so now my wife has the stamped biometrics confirmation sheet ( one step closer). So now we just need to gather everything, get out priority labels etc and send (can't come soon enough).

They gave us a sheet of info saying 'Effective 08 Jan. 2019'
One of the things it said was -

I know this has been discussed on here endlessly but we're still really confused by this. Like for the last few months we've been doing the best to make sure everything is an original and now they're just happy ( and would prefer) photocopies of everything?  So do I need to go and photocopy all my bank statements to send?
My tenancy agreement from my landlord is in a small bound folder. Should I just photocopy each page to send? Marriage certificate and previous divorce decree absolute, they just need to be photocopies too?
Apologies if I'm just going over old ground here, it just seems there's so much conflicting info out there. We don't want to get anything wrong at the last hurdle.
We did just call the premium rate UK visa helpline but to be honest the guy seemed a bit vague and said to send both the originals and copies which also seems to go against what others say and isn't on the info sheet we were just given.

I'm not sure it's possible for them to make things more confusing  ::) ???

Yeah, send photocopies. You have done the right thing making sure that you have all original documents but for the new scanning process, they require copies.
You'll need to send the original passport but keep hold of the rest of the originals.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 09:41:18 PM »
Just got back from biometrics so now my wife has the stamped biometrics confirmation sheet ( one step closer). So now we just need to gather everything, get out priority labels etc and send (can't come soon enough).

It looks like we are going to be submitting our application around the same time. I assume you are sending all your docs to new york? we tried the upload function on VFS yesterday but it just was not working for us so we are resorting to sending all our documents to new york.
My wife also attended her biometric appointment today, but she never got given a sheet on what to do next, would you mind sharing this information?
Married: October 21st 2018
Spouse Visa: Priority
Online application submitted: Feb 12th 2019
Biometrics appointment: Feb 20th 2019
Documents sent to NY: Feb 21st 2019
Documents received in NY: Feb 25th 2019
Documents received email from Sheffield: Feb 27th 2019
Decision made email received: Mar 18th 2019
Visa received: Mar 20th 2019

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2019, 10:04:22 PM »
It looks like we are going to be submitting our application around the same time. I assume you are sending all your docs to new york? we tried the upload function on VFS yesterday but it just was not working for us so we are resorting to sending all our documents to new york.
My wife also attended her biometric appointment today, but she never got given a sheet on what to do next, would you mind sharing this information?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

• Liked: 10
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2019, 10:13:00 PM »
Thanks Larrabee, I guess we have a bit of photocopying to do then  ;)

mrmrssj - That's cool that we're at the same stage, it's slightly comforting to know that there's another couple probably at the same level of stress and confusion right now  ;) Hopefully we'll be able to give a collective sigh of relief in a day or two (before all the anxiety of waiting for a decision kicks in).

We're definitely sending all our physical evidence in rather than trying the upload service, my wife's pc is somewhat slow and liable to crashing and freezing so figured that route would possibly lead to us both having nervous breakdowns if things went wrong. And yes we'll be sending it to the New York scanning centre.

Here's what the info sheet they gave my wife at the biometrics appointment today -

Effective 08 Jan 2019
Please note that the instructions below refer to all categories of UK Visa Applications.

The ASC provides you with a biometric confirmation receipt. You have 5 days from your appointment to mail the following documents to UK Visas and Immigratio:
Your original valid passport or travel document.
Photocopies of any supporting documents you are submitting with your application.
Please ensure that all documents are copied to standard US Letter or A4 sized paper.
Supporting documents should be photocopies and organised in the following order:
Proof of residence - Please do not send your original US permanant resident card or EADs - We will accept copies.
Financial documents
Proof of sponsorship (e.g letter from employer, sponsor in UK)
The biometric receipt you had stamped at your visit to the ASC.
A UPS return shipping label purchased using this link:
www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ShoppingCart/Pages/Authorization.aspx
please note that we will only accept UPS return shipping labels.

Mail your application and supporting documents to the following address:

VFS Services USA Inc
UKVI Scanning Hub
80 Broad St:
Floor 6
New York, NY 10004

Then there's a bunch of stuff about the Prority Visa Service which isn't anything that I'm sure you don't already know including link of where to pay etc.
Then some links about where to contact them via the gov.uk website and the helpline number.

I think that was about it.
Apart from the bits about photocopies I don't think there's anything new or different.

I hope that helps. Best of luck getting the rest of the process done. Here's to everything going smoothly for us all.
Priority Spousal visa for my wife.
Married March 2018
Online Application submitted Feb 11 2019
Biometrics appointment Feb 20
Full package sent Feb 22
Received at NY hub Feb 25
Email from Sheffield to say they'd received application Feb 27
Email from Sheffield to say decision made March 18
Decision  - Approved :) Passport with Visa received March 19

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2019, 10:24:24 PM »
@oldpunk yeah we have been really stressed this past week trying to get everything together and the upload did not help what so ever. Just can not wait until we send it all off and just put our mind at ease for a few days like you say  :)

Thank you so much for providing the information, very helpful indeed.

I hope everything at your end goes smoothly too :) Keep us posted  ;D

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2019, 12:28:08 AM »
@mrmrsj Will do.
Out of interest what have you done regards the documents you're supplying? Are you just sending photocopies of everything including bank statements and marriage licence, originals or both?
Married March 2018
Full package sent Feb 22

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2019, 06:43:45 AM »
@mrmrsj Will do.
Out of interest what have you done regards the documents you're supplying? Are you just sending photocopies of everything including bank statements and marriage licence, originals or both?

When the new system started, we saw most people sending originals and copies but it has become apparent that the best approach is to keep your originals and send the copies.

They will scan the copies to Sheffield from New York, so one pile of pristine, same size copies will give you the best chance of the scanning process going well.  We've had many members, later in the process, being asked to email their documents directly to Sheffield because New York did not successfully manage to scan them there. Providing documents which are easy to scan will give the best chance of scanning success and save you that time later in the process.

The alternative would be to upload the documents yourself but not everyone has found that the system works for them.

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2019, 08:48:49 AM »
@mrmrsj Will do.

We are mailing all copies of our documents. So photocopies of bank statements, marriage licence etc and my wife will keep hold of all of the original documents in case there are any mishaps with scanning in NY as advised by our helpful experts.

Do we know if we need to write the IHS number on the cover of our visa application form? or is the print out of the confirmation payment and IHS reference number emails sufficient?
It quotes the following on this website https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/pay

You’ll need to write this on the cover of your visa application if you’re applying by post. You need this reference even if you’re exempt from paying the healthcare surcharge.

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2019, 10:11:57 AM »
We are mailing all copies of our documents. So photocopies of bank statements, marriage licence etc and my wife will keep hold of all of the original documents in case there are any mishaps with scanning in NY as advised by our helpful experts.

Do we know if we need to write the IHS number on the cover of our visa application form? or is the print out of the confirmation payment and IHS reference number emails sufficient?
It quotes the following on this website https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/pay

You don't need to.From that link. 
You’ll need to write this on the cover of your visa application if you’re applying by post.
  That instruction was relevant to the postal applications from within the UK, which are no more.

You only need to include the IHS confirmation receipt however if it makes you feel more comfortable, there is no harm in writing the IHS number on your application. :)

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2019, 12:31:40 PM »
Thanks for advice/info all.

We're planning a trip to the local OfficeMax to do a heap of photocopies this morning.
Quick question, for things like bank statements, my originals came printed double sided. Do the photocopies all need to be one sided only or are double sided copies okay?
Married March 2018
Full package sent Feb 22

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2019, 12:34:13 PM »
Thanks for advice/info all.

We're planning a trip to the local OfficeMax to do a heap of photocopies this morning.
Quick question, for things like bank statements, my originals came printed double sided. Do the photocopies all need to be one sided only or are double sided copies okay?

I would do them single sided, that way there is less chance of them missing vital info.

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2019, 01:25:27 PM »
Okay and one more question regarding photocopies (I'll try to make it the last but can't promise it  ;) )

Do all the photocopies need to be full colour.? For example my bank is HSBC and the logo letterhead is red. I'm guessing the most accurate copy is best?
Married March 2018
Full package sent Feb 22

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2019, 01:27:51 PM »
Okay and one more question regarding photocopies (I'll try to make it the last but can't promise it  ;) )

Do all the photocopies need to be full colour.? For example my bank is HSBC and the logo letterhead is red. I'm guessing the most accurate copy is best?

Black and white is fine.

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2019, 04:53:46 AM »
Okay. We're stuck AGAIN!!
It seems every single step of this infernal process throws up problems.

Anyway, we photocopied everything, put all our documents in order.  Paid for the priority service on the vfsglobal site, printed out the receipt to put in the package.

Then we went to purchase a UPS return shipping label using the link provided on the info sheet we were given at the biometrics appointment.

www.vfsglobal.co.uk/shoppingcart/pages/authorization.aspx

All it seems to do is take us in a never ending loop. It takes us to the log-in screen, then  when we log in just takes us back to priority service booking form that we already went through. Or else it just keeps taking us back to the log in screen then tells us we're already logged in on a loop. We cleared the cache but still seem to be getting nowhere.

Is this the only way to get the return shipping labels?
Can we not just pay and print for them at the UPS office when we mail the package tomorrow.

We just want this sent....Aaaarrrgghhh!!!!

Edit - My wife finally found a page on the site that says -
Round Trip Courier Service - up to 5lp which is $140
Is this it?? We're so confused.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:58:21 AM by oldpunk »
Married March 2018
Full package sent Feb 22

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2019, 05:12:47 AM »
We've found that the priority service and shipping labels have to be purchased at the same time, or this problem arrises.

Just go to the UPS store and buy them there. Hang in there, you're nearly finished!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab